Forum
LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Football Manager (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM (/showthread.php?tid=1024)

LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 20-03-2018

Due to my inability to commit and get into a long term game on the latest versions of FM, and also thanks to my 6 year old computer deciding it doesn't like me anymore, I am now stuck with a very outdated version of FM to play LLM - 2007 to be exact! So how would you guys feel about dipping into such an old version of the game with a view to posting the results on here? On the one hand it will allow me to smash a season in no time compared to the newer versions. And thanks to a busier adult life now I'm finding less and less time to commit to a full on game so this will work to my advantage. On t'other, whilst still my favourite year by far, its severely lacking in a lot of detail that are standard for the newer games such as detailed player interaction etc. I'm not particularly bothered about the outdated database, but I know that in the older versions of the game after so many seasons things start to get weird and unrealistic.

So what say you fellow LLMs. Until I get my computer fixed / upgraded what is the consensus on starting a long term game with a really old version? Is it frowned upon or does it not really matter so long as I play to the same rules??

Cheers!

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - f1dave - 20-03-2018

My 2c - At worst, it's a save for the FM Classic / Touch subforum.

But to be honest, FM2007 was a 'proper' FM game (gazes at his box on the shelf) so I don't have a big problem with the save being posted in the main FM saves forum either.

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Rodderas - 20-03-2018

I'd be interested to read your updates for sure. Like Dave said, maybe you could post it in the classic sub-forum.

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 20-03-2018

Thanks for the input!

Will maybe try to reinstall '10 or '13 and see if my computer will stop being a dick and let me play them. But then again I cant even play Medieval 2 Total War without the little bastard going into spasms so I doubt it. Like I said the outdated database doesn't phase me as since I'll be starting in the depths of the lower tiers in any country by the time I rise up the leagues the likes of the Henrys and Beckhams will have long gone anyway. My only issue is the games integrity. FM07 could maybe pass for a "real FM game" but is still hugely outdated in its workings and features. But needs must I suppose until I can sort my computer predicament!

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Rodderas - 20-03-2018

I think this is a good example of 07 being played LLM some time after the game was released, so it's definitely doable.

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 20-03-2018

I've just had a quick read whilst at work and it seems like it could work. Wont be as in depth as most are accustomed on here but it should work!

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Walks - 20-03-2018

It doesn't really matter what version you are on, if it works for you then that's all that matters. I would rather it be in the main forum rather than the sub forum, unless of course it actually is touch/classic (not sure they were a thing in 2007).

Provided you're sticking to the guidelines, feel free to post your save in the main section Thup

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - kin_lin - 21-03-2018

I have no problems with you playing FM07 and posting your updates in the main LLM forum, as long as you play in accordance with the LLM ethos and as realistically as the version of FM allows you to play. The main rule of LLM is to have fun doing it Thup

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 21-03-2018

Thanks for the encouraging posts!

I look forward to posting my first ever LLM story shortly (or as shortly as my wedding in a week and a half allows haha!).

LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Rodderas - 21-03-2018

Around about 15 years time then! Mrgreen

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Dexander - 21-03-2018

Mrgreen

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 21-03-2018

(21-03-2018, 10:23 AM)Rodderas Wrote: RodderasAround about 15 years time then! Mrgreen

If my wife to be has anything to do with then add a few years and you might be close haha!

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - SackedLlaMa - 21-03-2018

Mrgreen

Also, congratulations on your wedding! Hope you have a great day Smile

Edit: Also, also, when you get married there's all of a sudden a ton of paperwork which you as the husband graciously takes care of for the both of you.

There's not really a lot of paperwork but it takes a long time when you have FM running in the background... Wink

[quote pid='100731' dateline='1521639111']

SackedLlaMaMrgreen

Also, congratulations on your wedding! Hope you have a great day Smile

Edit: Also, also, when you get married there's all of a sudden a ton of paperwork which you as the husband graciously takes care of for the both of you.

There's not really a lot of paperwork but it takes a long time when you have FM running in the background... Wink
[/quote]

Cheers old boy!

Its like playing with fire mate - one of these days I'll end up getting burnt. We'll be sat at the computer sorting final balances or ordering last minute things, she'll leave me unsupervised for 1 minute and I'll have FM loaded. Its got to the point where I think she'd rather catch me masterbating than mid match!

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - JD95 aka Fidsy Jr. - 21-03-2018

After a while it's no longer FM. It's "that fucking game again". Mrgreen

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - kin_lin - 22-03-2018

After a bit more time and arrival of kid(s) it is "Daddy's playing his football game again!"

Congrats on marriage, best wishes and hope the wedding day goes off without a hitch (just do not make the mistake one of my mate's did and say "With this finger I place upon your ring", although it had the whole church in stitches and his wife Mel blushing bright red Mrgreen )

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - aaron70 - 07-04-2018

I played FM08 for a bit yesterday. Then FM11. I found FM08 missed too much (especially the ball movement on 2D), and then I realised after playing FM11 that I liked the new tactical system. So I am just going to run with FM17 for a while. FM14 is probably a possibility.

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 25-04-2018

Thanks for all the well wishes! The day went off without a hitch and I'm pleased to report that I remained manly and composed at all times much to the annoyance of the new Mrs Ælfgar!

Progress on the save has been excruciatingly slow unfortunately and I'm still not fully into my first season. Its only going to get worse as I'm off on my honeymoon for two weeks shortly but after that I intend to knuckle down and get some play time under my belt!! In my haste to get the game going I forgot to add a few key leagues that I wanted but nay matter! I look forward to posting my first ever (and first of many I hope) LLM post - a Teessider Abroad - A Southern European Adventure!

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - JD95 aka Fidsy Jr. - 25-04-2018

Everyone knows what happens on the honeymoon... Wink

You sit on the balcony of your hotel room playing Football Manager, obviously.

RE: LLM compatibility with (really) old versions of FM - Earl Ælfgar - 27-04-2018

(25-04-2018, 10:07 PM)JD95 aka Fidsy Jr. Wrote: Everyone knows what happens on the honeymoon... Wink

You sit on the balcony of your hotel room playing Football Manager, obviously.

Pfftt! How else am I to spend a romantic two week honeymoon in a 5 star all inclusive hotel with my new wife!?!