Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 19-08-2013

Steve, the second penalty was a definite penalty. He fouled him with his knee before he got the ball. Other refs may have seen it as a good tackle, but they'd have been wrong.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 19-08-2013

Good. I'm glad he's rejected QPR and is staying in the top flight. He's still too good to drop to the Championship.

The Official Premiership Thread - Trikstahz - 19-08-2013

I can see the second penalty being given on certain days, and waved away on other days.. I think it isn't a penalty becuase it's ball first.. even if the ball contact is minimal and does not (or barely) deviate the direction of the ball itself.. but the desicion is based on what the player comes into contact first.

Parker is a good signing for Fulham. With Khan, and their increased budget, they seem to have strengthened appropriately.

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 19-08-2013

Yes and the slow motion replay shows the player trailing leg take the strikers back leg before he touched the ball, it was a penalty and not even debatable. Villa played superbly and thoroughly deserved their win.

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 19-08-2013

Newcastle just awful, City have been decent but Newcastle are defending like a pub team.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 20-08-2013

Yes Newcastle were shocking from the off. Pardew was talking about them still competing in parts of the game, but I saw no evidence of that and I watched the whole game. 3 or 4 of their players tried, but the rest couldn't pass or control the ball. The 4-0 scoreline flattered Newcastle, it could of (just kidding) could have been twice that easily.

Pardew will be the first Premier manager to go this season... you heard it here first , unless your name is Lee Smile

The Official Premiership Thread - Walks - 20-08-2013

I heard it on skype first Ken, so surely that last sentence is factually incorrect? Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 20-08-2013

Good point Lee - Fixed Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 21-08-2013

According to Pardew the defeat was all Arsene Wenger's fault!

And if you are correct with that prediction he will have a nice pay out from the club due to him

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 21-08-2013

Villa now giving Chelsea a good game, huge improvement on last season from them, players have come of age.

Ivanovic escapes a red card for a clear elbow then scores a couple of mins later. Harsh on Villa that.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - SackedLlaMa - 21-08-2013

Looked like ivanovich could've been offside as well, though it was hard to see from those replays.

Terry handball now too and pen not given, seems Chelsea getting all the decisions.

Villa used up all their penalties afainst Arsenal. Hawk-eye is a nice step in the right direction, but maybe key situations inside the penalty box should be review as well?

Well Friend has handed 3 points to Chelsea there, shocking decisions.

No doubt about that, and it's sad that a referee is the deciding factor in such a thrilling game.

Saw the Ivanovich elbow again now. Clearly a straight red. He throws his arm out, a clear violent punch. Especially considering Taylor's red against city on monday..

The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 21-08-2013

What goes around comes around Whistle

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 22-08-2013

That type of question is one of Lee's main concerns about bringing goal line technology in.

The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 22-08-2013

That is the unfortunate consequence. People need to understand that if 'human error' is taken out of the game and all decisions are 100% accurate due to cameras and technology and the like football will become even more souless. It is the controversy that adds to the passion for the game.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Walks - 22-08-2013

That type of question is one of Lee's main concerns about bringing goal line technology in.
[/quote]

Exactly my reservations with the introduction of technology. Before you know it, people will be wanting technology used to dispute the coin toss.