Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 27-03-2014

I'm not bitter, I just have a good memory Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 27-03-2014

You must have, it's been years since Villa won anything Wink

Now, now, no need for that Mrgreen

The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 27-03-2014

I've got to be honest, Liverpool fans don't really get on my tits that much.

Although that's largely because most of the Liverpool fans round my way suddenly became Man Utd fans in the mid-90s. Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 27-03-2014

My opinion of scousers is based on living in Liverpool for nearly 7 years. Hate the place and most of the people there.

@Lee I know you're fishing, but I think the Utd fans on here are quite gracious, in victory and defeat Wink

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 27-03-2014

Liverpool fans get your goat eh?

Try being surrounded by Leeds fans. Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 27-03-2014

Being born in Hull, I know Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 27-03-2014

It's hardly unheard of for a team to play better after going down to 10 men, and as Big Sam pointed out, we've won twice this season with 10 men, so what does that say about us? The fans who were booing, even though we were winning, need to get a grip.

The result last night was important. We have a very tough run-in and very few games left where we're likely to pick up points. We only have 3 winnable games, of which 2 are away. We may have 34pts with 7 games to go, but even now we'll be lucky to get to 40pts by the end of the season.

We have Palace and home, plus Sunderland and West Brom away. But we also have Liverpool and Spurs at home and Arsenal and Man City away. It's not a kind set of fixtures. If we were still near the bottom 3, we'd bit in the shit, big time.

Last night leaves us probably needing 1 win from 3 winnable games to stay up, rather than 2 from 3. It was soooo important. When you're in a situation like that, the result counts, the performance does not. Big Sam delivered a result at a crucial moment and he should be applauded for that.

If we were a title challenging side, everyone would be saying "that's the sign of a title winning side that.....playing badly but grinding out a result". Well maybe last night was the sign of a side that is going to stay up. We played badly and got a result. At this stage, I'd rather that than play well and lose.

That's the kind of argument going on between Villa fans at the moment. People slating the way we're playing, but it's getting results. I'd rather have 34 points at this stage and not be overly entertaining than trying to play pretty football but in the bottom 3.

Managers just can't win with a lot of "fans" at times.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 27-03-2014

7 to go an we are right in it. Whatever happens from here we have improved hugely. If we can take 9 from City, Chelsea and Spuds we will be a huge step closer.

Kind of glad we got a bit of a brown-pants ending last night to remind the boys what it is like to be needing to hold on to a lead. Might just have been the best thing that could have happened to us. Cross Fingers 7

The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 28-03-2014

Crikey you can almost taste the bitterness and self loathing oozing out of this post Wink
[/quote]

If Keefa was my age I could understand his comments. My view of Liverpool is coloured by the fact that I was 10 in 1974 when they had unheralded success for nearly 15 years. Unfortunately having to put up with all the gloating during this period really effects my view of the club and I think the wait for their first PL title should continue!

Whilst I also very much dislike the 'Sugar Daddy' financial model in football I have always held a soft spot for City (until they started poaching our players). Since there is not going to be an implosion from all 3 clubs above us I would prefer to see City win the title over Liverpool and Chelsea.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 29-03-2014

Wow.....John Terry just did Liverpool and Man City a massive favour.

Good effort JT. Thup

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 29-03-2014

Anfield will be where the title race is decided. Mark my words.

The Official Premiership Thread - f1dave - 30-03-2014

Really think that Liverpool-Spurs is going to be a cracking game. Want to stay up... but also want to function at work tomorrow Sad

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 30-03-2014

I can't decide if Spurs are fucking terrible or Liverpool are just incredible. Or perhaps it's a bit of both.

But Spurs really are wank. Lol

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 30-03-2014

Good day for the Scousers!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 30-03-2014

This current team are the best team I have seen play for us since I was 8-9 years old. Everything works. Confidence is a huge part of it but, by lord, we are making teams look ordinary left right and centre.

As I have said previously we might not win it, but we are a huge way down the road to being regular contenders.

Another great LFC weekend. Cue the bitterness Cool Wink

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 31-03-2014

Meh seen better Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 31-03-2014

Get in! 37pts now. I reckon that makes us safe.

This season has really been turned on its head for us.

18pts from the last 9 games.
19pts from the previous 23 games.

Says it all. Up to the end of January we were a shambles, but now we look comfortable in mid-table. It's almost hard to believe how quickly things have changed for the positive.

The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 31-03-2014

Yeah, safe now. That's what is frustrating about the Villa, a win at home to Stoke and we'd have been safe. We still should be imo, but as the players seem to have already gone on holiday it is a little concern.

EDIT: The £15m and wages paid back with that header tonight that pushed you to safety? Mrgreen