Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 15-04-2014

The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 15-04-2014

Great game at the Emirates; Giroud just scored a great goal to put us 2-1 up against the Hammers

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 16-04-2014

Aye, Lambert doesn't seem particularly upset that two of his longest serving assistants have been suspended.

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 16-04-2014

I see it took City long to take the lead tonight...

And Everton seem to be doing their best to give Arsene a helping hand.

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 16-04-2014

City draw and Everton lose, both at home. Premier League is as predictable as ever, Liverpool fans would do well to remember there are 4 games left Mrgreen

Re: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 16-04-2014

Title very much Liverpool's to lose now. No pressure

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 17-04-2014

Remember Chelsea are yet to visit Anfield. Mourinho beat City at the Etihad when people thought it was nigh on impossible so it wouldn't be a massive shock to me if he managed to pull something out of the bag there too.

Watch it be fucking Torres that scores the winner if he does.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 17-04-2014

Sounds like a few of you are getting panicky.... unlike Brendan and his boys Mrgreen

The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 17-04-2014

It looks as though the title is now a straight fight between Liverpool and Chelsea. It will be interesting to see how Liverpool handle the pressure of expectancy. They are on a magnificent 10 match winning streak. Can they make it 14? I very much doubt it but it will be enjoyable to watch the conclusion of this seasons Premier campaign

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 17-04-2014

Thing is, they don't need to make it 14 anymore so long as they avoid defeat against Mourinho. That - up to press at least - is the only occasion where they can afford to draw.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - dblooder - 19-04-2014

Not so "Special" anymore. Thdn

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 19-04-2014

I would laugh, but thanks to our shit result today, we're not mathematically safe yet and I probably would have preferred to see Sunderland lose.

Good for Liverpool though. Thup

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 20-04-2014

I'll be amazed if Liverpool don't wind up as champions now. Christ though they looked all over the place at times in the second half.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 20-04-2014

Why we don't just spend 90 minutes attacking I don't know. We can win the title on attack but good Lord not on defence!

The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 20-04-2014

RAMBO \o/

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 20-04-2014

Another record Moyes has broken, first double over United by Everton in 45 years. Please just sack the useless tit now.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 20-04-2014

Moyes took on the thankless job though didn't he. Following Fergie was only ever going to be a total shitstorm. Ok, he has underachieved this season, but it's also United's weakest team for some time and that isn't entirely down to him.

Give him the chance to build his team in the summer. If you're still not properly challenging for the top 4 by Christmas, then he should be sacked.

The Official Premiership Thread - kin_lin - 21-04-2014

Why do you consider that United's 2014 squad is the weakest for some time?

If I look at the transfers in and out for United in 2013-2014, there appears be no change in the core of the squad. They have added Fellaini and then Mata in January, they have not lost any of their "big names". Yes the squad is one year older but I don't see how the 2013-2014 squad is significantly weaker than the 2012-2013 squad, let alone being the weakest in some time. The only significant difference I can see is that Moyes is now the manager instead of SAF . . .

The Official Premiership Thread - JD95 - 21-04-2014

Personally I think bar three or four star players it's a very average squad anyway now. That says to me what a great manager SAF really was.

Moyes should be given the chance to rebuild I think.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 21-04-2014

Well yeah, clearly things aren't much different from last season, except the form of Rio and Vidic has fallen off a cliff and RvP has had a much less productive year.

Like I said, following Fergie was always going to be a thankless task as he was obviously a great manager. That doesn't mean Moyes will fail once he has the chance to rebuild a squad that has so many obvious problems.