Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Mr603 - 07-03-2011

No. Because there were lots of banning orders the year after. It kicked off at Odsal when we played Bradford, and in the ruck Leeds fans managed to tip a chip van over and (you guessed it) set it on fire.

Given that everyone there claims that wasn't a pop about the fire, we've been very careful to not mention that particular tragedy since.

As for the whole Munich/Hillsborough/Bradford/Istanbul thing, it's all childish.

I've never sung Munich songs at matches, and I think the people who do are dicks. But it's going to happen when there's a rivalry.

Whether it's a real rivalry like the Scum turning up to ER with Istanbul Reds banners , or a pretend "only in your heads you deluded inbred fuck" rivalry like the Millwall fan who always wears a Galatasaray shirt when we play them, there's always going to be at least one cunt.

But playing the "your arseholes are more full of shit than our arseholes" game's bollocks anyway. Liverpool, Citeh and us sing Munich, Scum sing Hillsborough and Istanbul, and everyone's a wanker.

The only one that's in any way justified is singing "murderers" to Liverpool fans because they did kill all those people at Heysel and got everyone else kicked off the European gravy train. You shellsuited bastards.

Wink < MASSIVE SAFETY WINK

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 07-03-2011

Before we head too far into Cagiva territory with this discussion, I'd just like to say WOOHOO!! at Blackpool losing again.

They're heading south rapidly and they're looking like there's a chance they might prop up one of the places below us in the table.

Hopefully Everton can do the decent thing against Birmingham on Wednesday and we'll spend an entire week outside the bottom three. Mrgreen Thup

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 07-03-2011

I come in peace... I mean no fury... and perhaps it reads differently than intended, for that I apologise if offence has arisen from it;

And you're right, I do rant a bit Tongue

Mr603 makes some very good points there to sum it all up I think

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - JP - 07-03-2011

3-1 Chelsea v Blackpool.

Chelsea back in the title hunt? Win the game in hand and they're only 6 behind. That said they're relying on both ManU and Arsenal to slip up.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Mr603 - 07-03-2011

Not going to happen. If Scum slip up, it'll be at Arsenal. You'd then fancy the momentum to go with the Gunners.

Chelsea lost the title against Liverpool for my money. If they'd have won (and Torres had scored), it'd have been a real catalyst.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 08-03-2011

Keep clutching at those straws daf, there has to be 3 worse teams than West Ham in the league Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 08-03-2011

Straws have been firmly clutched since about early October. Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 10-03-2011

You're back in the bottom 3 Tongue

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 12-03-2011

Sorry, I failed to notice this post, so apologies for the delay in the appropriate response.... Luciano

Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 14-03-2011

Hey, West Ham are down to the same number of competitions as Arsenal now Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - kin_lin - 14-03-2011

Nah they are still in the running for the wooden spoon which puts them in one more competition than The Gunners Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 14-03-2011

Applaud

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 14-03-2011

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 14-03-2011

Good on the Villa board for the size of the fine though.

It gets on my tits when you read about players being fined £5,000 for something like this or for driving at £160mph or something equally ridiculous.

For any of us, yeah, £5,000 fine.....but what's the point in the fining someone £5,000 when they earn £100,000 per week? I think it happened to Lampard or Drogba or someone like that just recently. That's not a punishment, it's just going to make them think they're effectively beyond reprisal.

It's like one of us being charged with assualt and receiving a fine for about £20. Most people would just think RE-SULT and absolutely fail to learn anything from the incident.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 15-03-2011

I think Villa fans are beginning to see why they got Dunne so cheaply from City.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 15-03-2011

Good move by Villa. Shame that the PFA apparently limits fines to 2 weeks wages (£100,000 in their cases) but I'd love to see the big fine still go through.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 16-03-2011

No doubt he will appeal and if it is upheld it shouldn't really effect the performance of the team on the field anyway. Still it's good to see a stand being taken - no matter how long overdue it is.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 16-03-2011

Finally he gets called on it

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - kin_lin - 17-03-2011

What is the protocol on this? When Man U play Arsenal at Emirates, does Man U get an allocation of free tickets for friends and family? Or will SAF have to buy a ticket to sit in the stands like everyone else?

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 17-03-2011

I'd refuse him a ticket as he's a known troublemaker Wink