Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Fenomen - 15-05-2011

I guess right now one of the largest things in England is Keefa's smile every time he looks at the current Villa's result. Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 15-05-2011

Through a corner and a free kick. Typical Angry

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 15-05-2011

Today I shall be mostly supporting Fulham.

With us 2-0 up at Wigan and Fulham beating Birmingham 1-0, if it stays like this we may at least take it to the final day.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 15-05-2011

More likely to be Daf if results stay the same after 90!

True Smile Although his thoughts will almost immediately be about their last game of the season. Smile

EDIT: Fulham leading 2-0 now. Smile

Go Fulham!!!!!

Mrgreen Daf who is your opponent in last game? And what results you need from other clubs in order to stay up?

We've got Sunderland at home. Although, we need to not fuck up against Wigan first. 2-1 now. Meh

Oh FFS!! Sad

Why do they insist on making me dream before fucking it up! Last time we were 2-0 up at half time, Man Utd dicked us 4-2 and now this!!

Argh!!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - f1dave - 15-05-2011

Quote:Chief football writer Phil McNulty at the DW Stadium: "At the very moment Connor Sammon equalised for Wigan to leave West Ham on the brink of relegation, that light aircraft arrived in the skies above The DW Stadium trailing the "Avram Grant: Millwall Legend" banner. Someone's gone to a lot of trouble there."

*snigger*

Tick tick tick.....unless they score, I'll be making myself comfortable in the Championship thread in roughly 10 minutes.

I can't believe they fucked that up. Well, I can, but......what a bunch of useless wankers.

Just in case I wasn't pissed off enough, Wigan score a last minute winner.

Game over. West Ham relegated. Talk about being thrown a lifeline and then pissing it away.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 15-05-2011

Sorry Daf but I just read all todays posts together and for some reason it made me chuckle. Not because West Ham are going down but, it started off so positive.... Mrgreen

And Chelsea drawing takes away the argument over 'dodgy' Rooney Penalty Thup

Well, Ken, this season the result that really fucked us was Man Utd winning 4-2 at Upton Park.

We were 2-0 up in that game, but threw it away in the second half. Had we won that day we'd have had 35pts from 30 games, but that sparked a run of 5 straight defeats, and we now have just 33pts from 37 games.

In short, Rooney's hat-trick screwed us. If we'd won that day, I think we would have stayed up as it would have been a massive boost to everyone. After losing like we did though, the fight just seemed to go out of the team.

I for one would be happy to give you back that result...we didn't need it in the end Mrgreen

Sounds like a deal. Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 15-05-2011

DALGLISH OUT!

Blackpool play at Old Trafford next week, Birmingham play at White Hart Lane and Wigan play at Stoke.

If they all lose (which is very possible) and we beat Sunderland at Upton Park, it'll be a real kick in the teeth because it'll mean if we hadn't capitulated in the second half today we'd have stayed up.

Personally, I'd be putting money Wigan getting out of it now and Blackpool and Birmingham joining us in the Championship.

With Wolves and Blackburn playing each other though, that game could get really interesting if the other 3 pull decent results out of the bag. Can't remember the last time we went into the final day with 5 teams still battling to stay up.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 15-05-2011

Oh, that'd be so sweet!

Didn't get to see the Villa game because I was batting at the time. I got out, and as I walked into the changing room the final whistle at The Emirates was blown Sad

Perhaps I should just pad up and go and pretend to bat every time Villa play next season Mrgreen