Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 18-05-2012

Anyway, just remembered I need to paraphrase daf:

After hundreds of hours of Premier League football, the last 4 minutes was the best bit? Glad I didn't watch it Wink

Oh man, the way it's going on VillaTalk, Solskjaer is as good as our manager.

So excited if true Cross Fingers

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 18-05-2012

I will be to, be good for him to get some PL experience. Certain to be a United manager in the future I would think.
Oh and change your sig! Its out of date now Wink

Pfft, by the time Old Red Nose has retired, we will have overtaken your lot with Super Ole leading us :p

EDIT: Sig updated. Too soon? Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 18-05-2012

I sing that to my kids much to my wifes annoyance Mrgreen have a baby toy that plays the tune lol

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - sparkyuk71 - 18-05-2012

Villa have set a blueprint for my Norway save, get to the top and then switch to the premiership! (He's a year younger than me too!) Good luck to him if he does come, I liked him as a player but management can be very unforgiving!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 18-05-2012

I'm remember Fergie once saying that the reason he was such a good substitute, was because he could read the game exceptionally well from the touchline. He would spot the weaknesses and exploit them when he came on. That's a pretty good trait for a manager methinks Smile (not that the managers should come on before any one says it Tongue )

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 18-05-2012

He seems to have been dipped in shit in his career. Also a good trait for managers Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Walks - 19-05-2012

Way too soon, not gonna happen now by the looks of it :p

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 19-05-2012

Yep ruled himself out, said Molde were a bigger club being in the Champions League next season Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 19-05-2012

Not ruled himself out from what I can see. Says he would consider an approach from us...

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 19-05-2012

Ah the BBC were reporting that a lot differently earlier!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 19-05-2012

Excuse me, please clear a corner as Daf is back in this thread! Woohoo! Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 20-05-2012

WB Daf Gent

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 22-05-2012

So when does next season start?

I'm getting impatient now!

Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 22-05-2012

I thought you'd be wanting to savour the experience while it lasts

You'd think so wouldn't you. Mrgreen

With Big Sam running things though, the football might not be pretty (although I think this gets exaggerated by the media), but I'm actually fairly confident we'll stay up.

We'll need to bring in a decent LB, a defensive midfielder to fill the giant Parker-shaped hole in our midfield, plus maybe a RW and another ST and our team won't be brilliant, but it'll be fairly solid - certainly better than it was when we were relegated.

We need to keep Robert Green though - that's the most pressing matter. His contract is up this summer, so had we not gone up he definitely would have left. Now they're trying to sort out a deal with him, but whether he stays will depend on how greedy he is with his wage demands.

I'll be sad to see him go if he does - he's been at the club 6 years and has played more games for us in the 21st century than anyone else. Club legends have been hard to come by for us in recent years and, along with Mark Noble, he's one of just two people in our squad who are anywhere near knocking on that door.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 22-05-2012

Emile Heskey and Stephen Warnock should be available soon enough. That's 2 gaps plugged Wink

No, you're alright thanks. Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Walks - 22-05-2012

Moose from TalkSport is a Hammers fan, he seems to think Green will leave and Robinson will come in. Not a bad replacement really.