Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 18-06-2012

Erm....not sure what's going on here, but I definitely DID NOT add these links to this post. Hmm

Fwiw I quite like the new Liverpool home kit. The away kit isn't so great though, but it's not a complete catastrophe.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 19-06-2012

Careful Ben, you're starting to sound like Trappatoni Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Ben O'Bagels - 19-06-2012

Surely he uses those terms for players who actually have a modicum of ability like McCarthy and McClean. Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 19-06-2012

Surely this should have been last year's kit with 3 keepers Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 20-06-2012

Erm....not sure what's going on here, but I definitely DID NOT add these links to this post. Hmm

Fwiw I quite like the new Liverpool home kit. The away kit isn't so great though, but it's not a complete catastrophe.
[/quote]
DAF, I can only assume I was pie eyed (again) and instead of posting new, I must have edited the last post! Silly beer....

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 20-06-2012

Drunk posting ftw! Thup Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Rodderas - 20-06-2012

Classic! Nice one Kev Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 20-06-2012

Giggle

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 22-06-2012

Rob Green. I don't get it. He was happy enough to go down with the Hammers, now they are back in the Prem, he decides he doesn't want to stay, but heads to a team that are just as likely (perhaps more so?) to be involved in a relegation scrap.

Money makes the world go round. Meh

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 22-06-2012

His contract was up this summer - I don't think he was overly keen on staying when we went down, but he had to because the club were only prepared to accept unrealistic offers for him, which obviously never came. They knew he was key to us going straight back up and they were proved right.

I guess that probably soured his relationship with the management at the club and, now his contract is up and with better money available elsewhere, he's obviously decided to move on and take the cash.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - f1dave - 26-06-2012

Words do not describe...

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - kin_lin - 26-06-2012

With built in "Bogan" tattoos on the sleeves, wonder if there is a corresponding design on the tail of the shirt ala tramp-stamp style Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 26-06-2012

Tell me about it, that carpet's a shocker Eek

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - f1dave - 07-07-2012

I can only imagine Sir Alex has a few options up his sleeve in the market, because this seems to be him letting go of a player he rates highly...

...even if other people don't see quite what all the fuss is about.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - f1dave - 07-07-2012

Also interesting to see the varying reactions to this:

The Man City fans on my facebook/twitter timelines are all saying, "How fucking long does this guy have a contract with us?" whereas all the Brighton fans think this is one of the signings of the season Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 08-07-2012

"Liverpool would have provided Gylfi with a wonderful opportunity to perform with a manager that he knows and at a club which is a real footballing institution.

"But he's decided to go to Tottenham, for whatever reason.

I like our new boss a wee bit more every day. I'd be happy with Clint Dempsey too.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 09-07-2012

Yeah, had a little laugh to myself too when I read that over the weekend Bill Thup

tbh I don't think we missed out on that much when Sigurdsson decided to take Spud's money.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - tomtwice - 15-07-2012

This is amusing Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - bennytee - 16-07-2012

Tips for relegation this year?

I’m going for:-

West Ham
Reading
Wigan

Surely time has run out for Wigan?

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Soulfusion - 16-07-2012

Surely it is way too soon to be talking relegation candidates. Clubs are still doing business and until you know the final composition of each squad and how they play it is too early to make judgements. Surely Benny you of all people would realise this - Swansea last season anyone?

Or maybe you are simply aiming to wind up Daf and Ben?