Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 27-10-2012

He's fucking shite. I thought there was a lot to come from him when O'Neill first signed him, but being left to rot in the reserves didn't help him, then a bad cruciate injury piled it on.

Now I'd even have Jordan Henderson ahead of him.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - bennytee - 27-10-2012

Have to say despite the result I'm bloody proud of the Swans today, regardless of how bad City were I thought we deserved something today and I recon we have a great chance of staying up.
First half you really couldn't tell which team were the league champions.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 28-10-2012

FFS!!! Ivanovic and Torres have just properly fucked me over in the fantasy football!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 28-10-2012

What a game! Luck was on our side this time Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Trikstahz - 28-10-2012

2-2 for us today, am pleased with that considering we were 2-0 down. Suarez should've been sent off though imo. his stamp on Mirallas then Distin was an absolute disgrace.. Although I'm quite happy we got away with that 'offside' goal in the end (which should've stood imo) as other than a slight nudge on Jagielka by Coates, I didn't see much wrong with that. but hey, at least we're not Chelsea Mrgreen

EDIT: Cheers daf, typed too quickly Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 28-10-2012

I think you mean 2-0 down. Wink

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Trikstahz - 28-10-2012

Cheers DAF, an unforgivable error on my end. :p won't happen again Mrgreen

on a lighter note.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 28-10-2012

Conveniently missing the massive chunk of turf that gave way under Suarez's foot which caused the incident. And don't get me started on Phil 'Submarine' Neville......

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 29-10-2012

Oh the Irony!
Is this genuine or just sour grapes from Chelsea? I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 29-10-2012

Pure and ridiculous bad losers. The way the players treat officials is terrible, so if he gave a bit back, fair play.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Walks - 29-10-2012

You say fair play, but from what I've read it's alleged racial abuse, so that's a no no if true as far as I'm concerned.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - JP - 29-10-2012

Agreed. Besides all of which there's no call for the ref to give abuse back, that won't stop the problem whereas a yellow card will when suspensions start mounting up.

I didn't know the racial aspect. Obviously that would be well out of order. As regards the ref giving some back, I think it should simply be a case of 'I don't like the way you are talking, 10 yards back' or 'Quite simply number 3, shut up. Clear?'

You know, the way a rugby ref makes it very clear.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - f1dave - 29-10-2012

Love rugby refs. They're the most respected of any sport and you feel they have the most power and lip to give, too.

/\ WTS

I've said for years that they should introduce the 10 yard/metre rule. That way their team mates would tell them to shut up.

As for the Clattenburg thing, We'll find out soon enough but I hope it's an unfounded allegation. It's ironic that Chelsea seem to have finally grasped the importance of kicking racism out of football, following a match where they have decisions go against them.

Here here. Detestable club with no remaining soul.

I have a gut feeling that whatever the ref is supposed to have said is something that would have been ignored in the past, but given the frenzy of the last 12 months the player/club decided to make a stand. Not sure what it could have been though.

Thanks for clearing that up JP Tongue

You're welcome Smug

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - The Good Doctor - 29-10-2012

It would be great if only the captain were allowed to talk (TALK) to the referee. The 10metres is tough. I think 1 warning then book the captain. There should be much respect and getting your captain sent off would work pretty quickly.