Forum
The Official Premiership Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+--- Thread: The Official Premiership Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 02-01-2013

Against Southampton and West Brom it's a least slightly possible!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - bennytee - 02-01-2013

I have to say that Benteke is a beast!

What a player he will be in a couple of seasons.

The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 02-01-2013

Yeah, he is so impressive for a young guy in his first season in England. The only thing that disappoints me with him is that he doesn't hold the ball in, he just looks for a lay off all the time. I'm sure that will come with experience, though.

He always seems composed in front of goal too, always looking to place shots rather than blast them.

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 02-01-2013

Like a young Emile Heskey? \o_

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 02-01-2013

Chelsea 0 -1 QPR WOW!!!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 02-01-2013

Haha!

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - Trikstahz - 02-01-2013

Am happy with that win. Good turnaround to complete that victory. especially after disappointment at Goodison last week against Chelsea..

This is such a treat though!

Eek

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 03-01-2013

Merseyside on the rise? The Blue side seem to have the knack for battling out wins. The Red side have now won 5 of the last 7 and look far more balanced and organised.

In other news.....
Reports coming out that Manchini and Balotelli have been at blows in training today.....

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - WilliamMcBeard - 03-01-2013

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 03-01-2013

That looks like a small man starting a fight and instantly thinking "fuck, he's heavier than I thought he was"! Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 03-01-2013

Looks more like Mancini saying "ffs Mario, it's been 2 years and you still can't put on a vest"

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - kin_lin - 03-01-2013

Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 08-01-2013

Quote:Liverpool biggest club in England - Daniel Sturridge

Rolleyes

The Official Premiership Thread - mr8kc - 08-01-2013

Sturridge was 6 months old when they won their last title Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - ken66 - 08-01-2013

But his dad told him about it Mrgreen

Are they even the biggest club in Liverpool? :p

The Official Premiership Thread - keefa - 08-01-2013

Crikey, I'm usually the one fishing for Liverpool fans on here Mrgreen

RE: The Official Premiership Thread - juvehero - 08-01-2013

And your point is, chaps?

Shrug

The Official Premiership Thread - darthpaul - 09-01-2013

He is deluded like every other player who spouts this crap when they sign for Liverpool. Seem to remember Joe Cole going to them as they were the biggest team in Europe....

The Official Premiership Thread - deanashtonsfoot - 09-01-2013

I think what he forgot to add was "There's no bigger club in England......or at least there wasn't in 1990.....biggest club in England!"

No offence and all that, but Liverpool are clearly nowhere near being the biggest club in England anymore. To say so just makes you sound a bit foolish. They missed the boat. During football's great globalisation they were not high profile enough to cash in on it and they've clearly been eclipsed by Man Utd and Arsenal, with Chelsea and more recently Man City now snapping at their heals and arguably overtaking them.

I do think the potential is always there for Liverpool to produce another great side, but they need a larger stadium and an injection of cash to get the ball rolling, because they're way off the pace from a financial point of view these days, and let's face it, in modern football that's all that matters.

The Official Premiership Thread - mr8kc - 09-01-2013

The old ownership held them back. Had they been sold, or the owners been more progressive, I have no doubt they would still be a force. As it stands, they are in the same bracket as Spuds and Everton.