Forum
FM17 - news and expectations - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Football Manager (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: FM17 - news and expectations (/showthread.php?tid=949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

FM17 - news and expectations - Wolve - 07-06-2016

It's been a while since FM16 came out, so it's time to start looking forward!

What are you guys hoping for in FM17?

Also, feel free to post news on the upcoming release if you happen to come across something.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - Wolve - 07-06-2016

Personally, I would like the possibility of handing over some more/different managerial tasks.

Something I would want to control at the lower levels where even staff wages can put a heavy load on a club, but would happily hand over once going up higher is the hiring/firing of certrain staff groups. I would like to hire a Head Physio and let him sort out what physios he would like in his team. Same for Head Scout.

The HOYD or the U21 manager could be in charge of hiring/firing staff specific for the U21 team. Similar for the U18 team.

Specifically for the scouting team, I would like to give them some general instructions as well. I might have a specific request, for example needing a replacement first team striker, but otherwise I don't want to have to give all these guys specific instructions all the time. Why have a Head Scout if I end up managing the scouting team myself?

(Of course there may be some options I have missed as I don't go through these sort of settings very often, but I'm sure there is romo for improvement in this department.)

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - CountArach - 08-06-2016

Just on the scouting change you mention, you can already do that in the most recent edition when you set a scouting task.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - SackedLlaMa - 08-06-2016

1. They really need to do something about the training. I think it got worse a few years ago and the one that's in there today seems almost meaningless. I think we should have much more control over what happens in training than just say "so some attacking training now" and that's it. Complete revamp, please!

2. 1st person view during games! What could be more LLM than that!! Mrgreen

3. Keep working on that 3D engine. It's still some ways away from where it need to be in terms of animations.

4. I'm not a big fan of the team talks in today's edition. I would much rather address certain things about how we play rather than tell my players they're pretty and should forget about the 2nd half since they played such a good 1st half. I'm not sure what it would look like, just that I would like to see it changed to where I don't feel like I'm addressing kids and whatever I say is going to hugely impact them.

5. Give me the option to hide all player attributes at all times in the game! It's annoying when you try to play without them, but the only way to see how tall a player is or whenever I get a coache's report on a player they force that attributes screen on me and close my eyes and yell "MY EYES! MY EYES!!!"

...ok, it's not that bad, but the ability to turn them off, like you can in Eastside Hockey Manager if IIRC, would be very nice.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - aaron70 - 01-07-2016

A.I. squad building needs to be better.....still.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - Scratchmonkey - 03-07-2016

Konami is letting their J-League exclusivity lapse as it will be in FIFA this year -- might take more money than SI have, it would be nice to add a fairly major league for the first time in a while.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - SackedLlaMa - 03-07-2016

Not sure it would work properly in FM (due to lack of players etc) but it would be cool if you could have other roles than manager for the first team, like if you could start as U18/reserves manager.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - JP - 03-07-2016

That would/might work for us but imagine the melt down at the SI forum everytime the average user lost his best players to the first team and was given some crappy replacement to work with.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - SackedLlaMa - 03-07-2016

I would read the meltdown and laugh my head off Mrgreen

Yeah I don't think it's actually doable (or that the majority wants to start off as a youth coach instead of jumping straight into the manager role at Old Trafford). Maybe they need to finally split the game into two, one for the standard players and one for us LLMers. It's about time!

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - aaron70 - 04-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:32 PM)SackedLlaMa Wrote: I would read the meltdown and laugh my head off Mrgreen

Yeah I don't think it's actually doable (or that the majority wants to start off as a youth coach instead of jumping straight into the manager role at Old Trafford). Maybe they need to finally split the game into two, one for the standard players and one for us LLMers. It's about time!

Should be doable. Out of the Park Baseball has been doing it for ages.

Would be cool to be a youth team manager!

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - Soulfusion - 04-07-2016

Might raise some questions within the LLM community: Could you accept a youth team role in a League Two club or should you stay true to LLM ethos and start within the lowest playable division? Would make a more realistic start point in the two division leagues where lowest level is 3 star reputation

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - kin_lin - 05-07-2016

League Two U-18 Manager would seem ok. Former Socceroo/Leeds/Liverpool W/ST who managed to land his first management gig as U-21 Manager for Watford in the Championship with no previous management experience would probably be your precedent (noting that he has an International rep and a UEFA A and B coaching license).

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - SackedLlaMa - 05-07-2016

No, no, we're LLMers, we start at the bottom! Groundskeeper in the bottom division! Smile

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - Keith - 05-07-2016

If you're a former international, for reals, then you can get a special dispensation. But otherwise...

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - Soulfusion - 05-07-2016

The issue being how many regional conference sides actually employ an U18 Youth Coach and therefore having to start higher up the league pyramid.

FM17 - news and expectations - JP - 17-08-2016

Up to 20% off for loyal FMers...

[Image: b676d6df79766612bb49b6fd6ac0af3b.jpg]

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - SackedLlaMa - 07-10-2016

Not that it's time for SI to worry, but the video below, released 4 days ago, currently have more downvotes than likes (or whatever it's called). What are your thoughts on the gameplay shown in the video? 

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - f1dave - 09-10-2016

I think it's just the case that people are realising maybe one of these games EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. isn't actually the way to go, and like one of the commenters says, perhaps a 2 yearly release cycle with a DB update in between is a better model.

It would, of course, be a cut to profits but they'll need to do it eventually when we hit of people saying "not enough new in this year" to warrant sales.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - Dexander - 10-10-2016

Yeah I am with dave, going to stick with FM16 for now.

RE: FM17 - news and expectations - JD95 aka Fidsy Jr. - 10-10-2016

I fully expect to have started and deleted upwards of 20 saves within the first week.