Forum
What's your favorite FM engine? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Football Manager (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: What's your favorite FM engine? (/showthread.php?tid=958)

What's your favorite FM engine? - SackedLlaMa - 25-07-2016

I'm not a big fan of the FM16 match engine. It feels too random, not rewarding as I usually can't understand why we won or lost a game and I get no joy out of it. I'm considering going back to a previous edition to get a fun experience again but I don't know which. I have FM12 through 16 available. So, that's my question to you guys, in your opinion, which of the last 5 games had the best, most rewarding match engine?

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - AnalogBoy - 25-07-2016

cm01/02 Wink

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - f1dave - 25-07-2016

Fm12 or fm14 I reckon. Judging by my playtime anyway..m

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - AnalogBoy - 25-07-2016

More serious answer, I have more hours logged on FM 15 than almost any comparable era title.

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - Rodderas - 25-07-2016

10 all the way....

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - JP - 26-07-2016

13 is considered a classic by many on the official forums. I think it's personal preference and which played the kind of football you liked to see and felt realistic to you.

Not sure which would be mine. Maybe 11? The one where the save was bookended by spells in Iceland.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - kin_lin - 26-07-2016

I have not played it for a few months but I was enjoying FM16. I liked the fact that it was not just "set and forget" like some of the earlier match engines seem to be and that the AI managers reacted to your decisions and tactical changes even in the lower leagues. This means that even if you have a good team with an efficient and effective set of tactics you can still lose a game whether due to luck or due to being tactically outwitted by the AI.

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - aaron70 - 26-07-2016

I don't know really, but I always felt the 13.3 match engine felt right. I also liked 11 and 08.

I agree with Kin_lin that the AI overall in 16 is far better, but the match engine does seem to favour a certain play style and as has also been mentioned your team practically is always on a streak be it a winning one or a losing one. Still after sticking with it for awhile, I feel I have a style going that is solid defensively and offensively but results can often be unpredictable. I am enjoying it though and am probably wrong with my observation Wink

Also in reality not that much has changed for awhile besides tweaking. A solid tactic in FM10 will still be a solid tactic in FM16. I guess that should be the case. Still, I am often tempted to go back to a long term save in FM13.

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - Soulfusion - 26-07-2016

Going back to earlier variants though maks you realise how much you have come to enjoy other recent facets added to the game.

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - JD95 aka Fidsy Jr. - 06-08-2016

Dunno about match engine but my most favourite of all (fuck grammar) was FM11. Lost so much time playing that game.

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - WilliamMcBeard - 08-08-2016

Defo 12 for me. Enough tinkerability whilst also not overloaded with randomness. It's the last time I remember feeling really in control of the changes I was making. I just don't get the FM14 engine. Having said the above, I've just today purchased '16, so maybe I'll love it (or hate it).

RE: What's your favorite FM engine? - kin_lin - 08-08-2016

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the world of FM, please feel free to introduce yourself in the Introductions Thread Smile