FM13 - Not a Vintage Year?
03-04-2013, 12:34 AM
It's shit.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
If there is one thing I've learned in all my years of software development, it's that there is one Bugzilla status to rule them all Beardo...

WORKSFORME

Mrgreen Mrgreen Mrgreen

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
DOESNTWORKFORMEPIECEOFSHITWANKERSATSIFROUMSTELLINGMETOTAKEITBACKTOTHERETAILERWHENITISADEVELOPERFUCKUPISSUE

Shake Fist
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Nope, never seen that one Mrgreen

Pity though Sad I had terrible luck with FM2011 and SI Support to be fair - though they tried - couldn't help me recover my promptly crashed career. Know where you're coming from in that respect then.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 01:06 PM by Orlandosaint.)
(03-04-2013, 12:32 PM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: DOESNTWORKFORMEPIECEOFSHITWANKERSATSIFROUMSTELLINGMETOTAKEITBACKTOTHERETAILERWHENITISADEVELOPERFUCKUPISSUE

Shake Fist

Wow tell us how you really feel WilliamMcBeard lol Wink

TBH I have had very little or no decent interest in this version of the game. It had great potential and some wonderful new features but it was far to buggy and I struggled to get totally immersed in any of my saves. Maybe 2014 will address these issues, but if I can find a legit (non-altered for biased reason) database update for 2011 or even 2012, I probably won't be counting the days to the new release. #SortitoutSI
"Being a manager is easy...all you have to do is win every game"

06-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Haven't picked it up in months. Actually had a go on FMH13 which wasn't as terrible as I expected but still wasn't great. Had some minor retro-appeal in that it almost felt like a derivative of FM09/10. But the 2D match engine is awful (really bad) and the other options just don't have enough depth.

I gave it up after 16 matches having won 11 of them with a team tipped for relegation from BSS. My son started a save and romped to the title (also in BSS coincidentally) with Salisbury, losing just two league games, scoring 6 on at least four occasions and without buying or loaning a single player. And all using a default tactic. Having never played more than a pre-season on a full version of FM.

I really think SI have lost their way. They've certainly lost me as a customer.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
07-06-2013, 01:33 PM
That's a real shame to hear, JP. I was tempted to get FM13 on Steam (it was about a tenner, iirc), but I saw a screenshot with microtransactions and that turned me right off.
11-06-2013, 09:22 PM
(06-06-2013, 01:05 PM)Orlandosaint Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 12:32 PM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: DOESNTWORKFORMEPIECEOFSHITWANKERSATSIFROUMSTELLINGMETOTAKEITBACKTOTHERETAILERWHENITISADEVELOPERFUCKUPISSUE

Shake Fist

Wow tell us how you really feel WilliamMcBeard lol Wink

Any more of that text speak and Bat
24-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Was thinking about why I haven't played FM as much this year, and I came to the conclusion that although I've not played as much due to a lack of time, it's not actually that unusual for me. I tend to play more football manager in the months of July and August, when the anticipation of the new season strikes, and I've not been 'footballed out' for a couple of months. I think I also like the release from being 'cricketed out' as well Mrgreen

It's not changing my stance on FM14, I won't be getting it, but it has made me retract my views on FM13 until September at least.
24-06-2013, 11:30 AM
I have to say I don't think I'll be updating to 14 in a hurry. I'll probably pick it up much later when the price drops significantly, and even then I'm not sure I'll rush in to a new save. It seems a shame to me, but there are very few of us on here that are able to play the newer versions of FM. For various reasons, steam, crashes, time and what have you. SI seem to have lost there way, but with any luck it shouldn't affect lower league management. I guess the beauty of the way we play is that you can pick up any version of the game, and as long as you play with the right ethos you don't need the latest version. I think TheGoodDoctor has proved that to me with his saves on FM'07.

I'm seriously thinking of going back and trying some of the older versions again. I never really enjoyed them as much as I could have.

24-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Al \o/

I just have so much less time these days. That's the sole reason I play less. I used to play a lot late at night, but these days I'm often in bed by 10 or 11 because my days are that much more knackering.
24-06-2013, 07:18 PM
As always I will probably be buying the game the moment it is released.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

24-06-2013, 08:05 PM
(24-06-2013, 01:28 PM)deanashtonsfoot Wrote: Al \o/

I just have so much less time these days. That's the sole reason I play less. I used to play a lot late at night, but these days I'm often in bed by 10 or 11 because my days are that much more knackering.

Do you arrive to bed late as well? As in you really go to bed at midnight, but you were aiming to at 10pm? Mrgreen
29-06-2013, 12:21 AM
(24-06-2013, 07:18 PM)Walks Wrote: As always I will probably be buying the game the moment it is released.

Yeah me too Smile

(24-06-2013, 08:05 PM)keefa Wrote: Do you arrive to bed late as well? As in you really go to bed at midnight, but you were aiming to at 10pm? Mrgreen

Mrgreen
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
29-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Not sure I'll bother until the next full iteration? I've had my fingers burnt with this years effort. Meh.