Stupid Questions
19-05-2014, 02:27 PM
There is a reason why I always play in the BSN/BSS (aka TSN/TSS or whatever it is called this year) . . .
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
19-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Aye, nothing says LLM like some random shit hole such as StalyVEGAS. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
23-05-2014, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014, 06:43 PM by jaysdailydose.)
Hello, all. New guy here, not to the series, but definitely to LLM.com.

I had honestly taken a break from FM for a version or two, but have been playing since before CM 03/04. I'm an American, which used to shock folks, but I just love the beautiful game.

Anyway, I got this year's game and I was looking around for interesting new ways to play when I happened across the LLaMA idea, and it fits me perfectly. I'm also a big OOTP baseball player and I'm a player who is even willing to manage in the minors in that game where there is less options.

Anyway, the majority of my football knowledge and interest these days lies in Spain and England, and my stepfather's home country of the Netherlands.

My machine is very capable of running a good amount of leagues and a large database, but what leagues would you recommend adding to this game for a new LLaMA?

I've always been a "reporter" in sim games such as these -- so since I am planning on doing updates after my 3-season mark, what would be the recommendation of the pros here? I am also interested in MLS -- so I was thinking all of England, Holland, Spain, and USA -- but I felt I should add at least the other main Europe leagues such as Germany and France at very least.

With a very good CPU, what would you personally include if you were me? I fully intend on starting unemployed as a Sunday Leaguer from the United States as well. Other than that, I don't really care where I start my career but would prefer it to be in England, Netherlands, or Spain, but still want other leagues.

Thank you very much for answering my "stupid question" -- and sorry that I used it as a semi-intro, but I don't see an introduction thread in the LLaMa forum. Smile
23-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forum, here's the introduction thread
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

23-05-2014, 07:08 PM
(23-05-2014, 07:05 PM)Walks Wrote: Welcome to the forum, here's the introduction thread

Thank you very much! Smile

Do you have any thoughts towards which leagues you would include with what I posted above? Much appreciated!

On my way to the intro thread now!
23-05-2014, 07:13 PM
(23-05-2014, 06:43 PM)jaysdailydose Wrote: My machine is very capable of running a good amount of leagues and a large database, but what leagues would you recommend adding to this game for a new LLaMA?

Since you're interested in England, Holland and Spain, they might be a good place to start with. Or you could go down the route of asking Paco. Smile
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

23-05-2014, 07:23 PM
(23-05-2014, 07:13 PM)JD95 Wrote:
(23-05-2014, 06:43 PM)jaysdailydose Wrote: My machine is very capable of running a good amount of leagues and a large database, but what leagues would you recommend adding to this game for a new LLaMA?

Since you're interested in England, Holland and Spain, they might be a good place to start with. Or you could go down the route of asking Paco. Smile

Well, I would love to start managing in those leagues, but I am interested in having a large playable world since the machine can handle it.

I guess I will just add most of the nations I feel are competitive on the world stage. We have a lot better TV coverage than we used to here in the States, but part of the fun for me is learning more about other nations and their footy, so I guess I can answer my own question and just add anyplace I might be interested in playing. Smile

Thank you for the input, though, I greatly appreciate it! I was going to use Paco but in my "research" last night, I saw that a ton of people that went the LLaMa route loved starting unemployed to really simulate breaking into club football, and that seemed like an awesome plan to me. Smile

Thanks to all of you, I already feel very welcome here and can't wait to start my universe!
23-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Welcome squire.

For me, I might go with a setup of; US, Mexico, England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands.

Big enough game world to head out into later in your save, as well as having lower league elements (particularly Spain and England for real low level starts).

For me, the trouble with Netherlands is only having 2 divisions. Getting promoted to the top division in one go is a bit of a quick-fire route. Hence me recommending Spain (or Scotland) as a good place to start. Bloody difficult to get out of those lower leagues. Same goes for Italy and Scotland.

Anyway, whichever way you go enjoy!!
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
23-05-2014, 07:50 PM
(23-05-2014, 07:36 PM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: Welcome squire.

For me, I might go with a setup of; US, Mexico, England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands.

Big enough game world to head out into later in your save, as well as having lower league elements (particularly Spain and England for real low level starts).

For me, the trouble with Netherlands is only having 2 divisions. Getting promoted to the top division in one go is a bit of a quick-fire route. Hence me recommending Spain (or Scotland) as a good place to start. Bloody difficult to get out of those lower leagues. Same goes for Italy and Scotland.

Anyway, whichever way you go enjoy!!

Thanks so much! I'm not sure if there is a forum "thanks" button for posts, but if I can find it, I'll definitely be sending one. This honestly sounded like an ideal setup right along the lines of what I was thinking, you just locked it in place for me!

Also definitely in lock-step with your thoughts about the Dutch league. I don't think I would manage there initially as I would be afraid of it not being in the spirit of the challenge's rules, but I definitely would like it to be available down the road -- if for nothing else but to have something to talk about with my stepfather. Smile

I really appreciate all the input, gentlemen! You will definitely be seeing lots of me, but I'll of course keep where I started and the like quiet until after my third season!
23-05-2014, 09:06 PM
We don't have a "thanks" button as such, but we do have rep points, under each post there is a button with a plus on it. Click on it and a new window will open allowing you to give a positive or negative rep point(s).

I would probably go along with what BillyMac said with regards to league setups, not forgetting you can also add and remove leagues at a later date as well.

Just out of curiosity, what spec machine do you have?
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

23-05-2014, 09:31 PM
(23-05-2014, 09:06 PM)Walks Wrote: We don't have a "thanks" button as such, but we do have rep points, under each post there is a button with a plus on it. Click on it and a new window will open allowing you to give a positive or negative rep point(s).

I would probably go along with what BillyMac said with regards to league setups, not forgetting you can also add and remove leagues at a later date as well.

Just out of curiosity, what spec machine do you have?

It's a Toshiba laptop, but it has quad core processing... very nice machine. Smile It runs as a five star performance machine for FM. Smile

Would managing in the Irish First Division be acceptable, as it is the lowest playable league in Ireland? There is an available job there, but I want to follow all rules of the challenge. I think I'm OK with a 1 * prestige league, but want to make absolutely positive that others would consider this OK!

Thanks again, everyone, and yes -- I found the reputation system, thanks for that as well! Smile
23-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Aye Ireland's fine (not that anywhere isn't, strictly speaking, but yeah). Smile

23-05-2014, 10:24 PM
I think I may follow the advice here and not start unemployed, and just use Paco.

I interviewed for a job in Ireland and didn't get it, and the few jobs that were available (all definitely above my pay grade) weren't open. I'm not exactly sure how long I'll be waiting, so I may just tough it out. Going to take a nap with the lady now that I have it all setup at least -- just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for making a new guy feel very welcome.
23-05-2014, 10:51 PM
As Lee (Walks) says, you can add and remove leagues as you please later, but it's a good idea to load at least the top division of each of the main countries that you don't plan on managing just yet. For example, in Europe you would load the top division from Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Holland, France. That way, the European coefficients and team fitness etc, may be more accurate if you ever reach the heady realms of continental competition.
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
23-05-2014, 11:52 PM
(23-05-2014, 10:24 PM)jaysdailydose Wrote: I think I may follow the advice here and not start unemployed, and just use Paco.

I interviewed for a job in Ireland and didn't get it, and the few jobs that were available (all definitely above my pay grade) weren't open. I'm not exactly sure how long I'll be waiting, so I may just tough it out. Going to take a nap with the lady now that I have it all setup at least -- just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for making a new guy feel very welcome.

Starting unemployed works well for some. I believe it comes down to your nationality and the Leagues you have loaded. Being English, as we created Football, must help us in overseas leagues but I can understand how an American with little (or no) reputation starting out in Europe might have difficulty.

I tried an East Europe save this year and remained unemployed for 6 months without a single interview before binning the Save and started a Scandinavian one where I quickly got about 7 interviews and a job within a fortnight of starting.
24-05-2014, 02:56 AM
(23-05-2014, 11:52 PM)Soulfusion Wrote:
(23-05-2014, 10:24 PM)jaysdailydose Wrote: I think I may follow the advice here and not start unemployed, and just use Paco.

Starting unemployed works well for some. I believe it comes down to your nationality and the Leagues you have loaded. Being English, as we created Football, must help us in overseas leagues but I can understand how an American with little (or no) reputation starting out in Europe might have difficulty.

I tried an East Europe save this year and remained unemployed for 6 months without a single interview before binning the Save and started a Scandinavian one where I quickly got about 7 interviews and a job within a fortnight of starting.

Well, I just got up from a nap, and there's definitely no reason not to have two save files. The wife is at her grandmother's tonight, so I've definitely got the time to stay unemployed for six months -- maybe I just will. Smile
27-05-2014, 02:10 AM
Are we allowed multiple games on the go at once, or is that not realistic?

I'm loving my Scandinavia save but a friend has sent me an LLM But database for England down to Level 12 which I'm itching to have a go at.
27-05-2014, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014, 03:58 AM by jaysdailydose.)
(27-05-2014, 02:10 AM)brummied Wrote: Are we allowed multiple games on the go at once, or is that not realistic?

I'm loving my Scandinavia save but a friend has sent me an LLM But database for England down to Level 12 which I'm itching to have a go at.

I read the guidelines again today and generally speaking it is a no because you can't forget your knowledge from your other save...(just want to be clear I'm new, but stumbled on this while reading llm today - they use Liverpool in the example and say "you can't just forget."
27-05-2014, 04:02 AM
My question has to do with the new tactic creator. I don't want help with actual tactics, just a better explanation of the new roles...what would be considered acceptable to better understand the game mechanic itself? I'm not trying to game the system, simply learn the new options more coherently.
27-05-2014, 04:39 AM
I don't think this is tipping as it's just showing someone where something in game is (but feel free to edit away if it is out of order), so..

If you hover over the role icon thing on the tactic screen it should give you a little box with an overview of what it is that the role does.