PC Parts and Advice Thread
19-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Hmm, that's odd. If I try and force the download again will it do anything bad?
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
19-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Shouldn't do
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

20-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Having temporarily given up on W10 update...

How do you set up a wireless repeater? had it plugged into the router last night and got to the login page it tells you go to on, but I had to go out and afterwards when I tried again it won't let me back to that setup page and I haven't a fucking clue what I'm doing.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

20-08-2015, 03:35 PM
That machine of yours seems to have a mind of its own... Not a clue why it won't just run that bleepin update.

(20-08-2015, 03:29 PM)JD95 aka Fidsy Jr. Wrote: I haven't a fucking clue what I'm doing.

So it's just like when you play FM? Giggle

I haven't a clue about repeaters, never used them, so can't help you there...
20-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Oh, of course. Mrgreen

21-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Repeaters vary in set up from model to model. Not to say the obvious, but do you have a manual for it? Either hard copy or on dvd?

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
21-08-2015, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015, 08:51 AM by JD95 aka Fidsy Jr..)
I've got a manual but it looks as though it's been written for Windows 7 - which is important as quite a few of the names of the menus etc are now different. And as I say, I can't actually do what it's saying anymore as the steps don't seem to work.

I could give you the make and model if that might help?

21-08-2015, 10:01 AM
All I would really do is google for "[make] [model] manual" anyway - find a windows version that matches and away you go.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
21-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Ah right. Tried that and that also gives me an old manual.

I've no trouble following instructions, it's just as I say things have changed somewhat in both how you get to them and what they're actually called which can overly complicate matters.

21-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Screenshots may or may not help...
WAWAW

21-08-2015, 12:03 PM
I'll post some when I get in.

25-08-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm sure this is easily solved but I've wasted far too much time already waiting to speak to EE's help line.

As an economy measure EE have recently taken over our Phone, Broadband & TV service from BT. Apart from changing our landline number the changeover has gone quite smoothly except:

E-mail - I don't use a web e-mail account (call me old fashioned) and still favour Outlook 2003. Since the changeover I am unable to send e-mails although I continue to receive them alright. I assume that this has something to do with my settings Shrug and would welcome advice as to what changes I have to make in tools>email accounts>outgoing mail server (presently mail.btinternet.com) Oh and I have POP3 settings again Shrug

Any assistance from you internet savvy guys would be gratefully accepted
25-08-2015, 11:32 PM
Try these settings Steve:

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-con...l-settings
WAWAW

26-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks Lee. Finally got it sorted. Thup
04-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I have a cheap Acer laptop which has a non-functioning fan and the left side of where you place your left hand palm when typing gets extremely hot. I was going to have it fixed and I thought maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade it as well. I'm not going to upgrade it myself cause I don't think that's a good idea. I'll probably break something and it won't be guaranteed anymore, so I was hoping that the people at the workshop could upgrade it for me (while fixing the fan). I just don't know if it'll be worth it or if it would be better to just buy a new one. I primarily need a machine that runs a lot faster (I think a lot more RAM might be a good idea?), maybe I need a new hard drive as well? I experience lag with most newer games and always have to run games on very low graphics settings and it's often slow to react when I work with multiple programs at once.

Here are some numbers that others can make sense of. Can someone advice me on what I can do with it and whether it'll be cheaper to upgrade than buy a new one?

Acer E1-571
Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz (whatever that means. Is it like a turbo on a car?? Smile )
Intel HD Graphics 4000, up to 1760 MB Dynamic Video Memory
8 GB DDR3 Memory
1000 GB HDD

I don't know if anything else is relevant. Anyway, any help is appreciated! Smile
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

08-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Okay so apparently I have DNS unlocker on my computer which fucks up nigh on every website I go on (bar this one, funnily enough).

I've uninstalled everything that it might be caused by, deleted all my browser extensions, logged out of my browser account as the guide I followed told me to, and while it did go away originally, it's still here.

Any help?

08-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Have you tried installing MalwareBytes? I had something vaguely similar on my work laptop earlier in the year and the pathetic excuse for internet protection software didn't even detect it. MalwareBytes did the trick though.

The behaviour sounds very similar to what I had, I'm fairly certain I had to manually remove some files as well.

Not sure if you've followed this guide or not, but it may help if you haven't. http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-dns-...r-removal/
WAWAW

08-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Cheers, giving it a go now.

Had read a similar guide, although it didn't say I had to download anything. Hopefully this'll do the trick.

08-09-2015, 09:45 PM
I had a similar thing. Kept uninstalling a browser add on, but it kept coming back. Uninstalled stuff through control panel as well but still the same. Hopefully it works for you Thup
WAWAW

08-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Seems to have done the trick, cheers.