What FM do you think will be your last?
07-10-2017, 11:44 PM
No specific reason for me liking FM07. I had one of my favourite saves on that version though. I just found it really enjoyable to play.

Kind of like the sweet spot between the simplicity of the earlier versions and the increasingly complex nature of the game now.
07-04-2018, 08:30 AM
I thought FM09 had the first 3D. In fact, I just checked. Yep.

For me, FM13.3 was the best. I didn't mind 14 and I think 17 is okay. 17 is a polished 16. Won't get another one now until maybe 2020 Smile
07-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Aaron! Welcome back. Hope all is good with you Thup
08-04-2018, 11:31 AM
(07-04-2018, 08:58 PM)keefa Wrote: Aaron! Welcome back. Hope all is good with you Thup

Hiya Keefa. All's good. Cheers. Just getting back into a save with FM17 Smile
10-04-2019, 09:50 AM
It would appear that FM14 was my final FM. Had an amazing save ending up rising through the leagues with Rangers and then being given the Liverpool job. First and only time I've ever made a go of managing Liverpool and entered perpetual domination zone.

After about a year of constantly playing and winning, I let the save go and think it will be my last ever. Great way to go out.

I just can't be bothered learning the newer versions. I haven't properly played any of them since 14. Dabbled in 16 but hated all the extra communication. I just don't have the inclination to re-learn everything on the newer versions. House, child, good lady, work, following Liverpool all get in the way of FM time.

It was a beautiful ride and has huge huge memories attached, some good, some bad. What a bloody great game!

Maybe I should just have one last save........
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
10-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Bloody hell. You've managed to manage two of the only clubs globally that I actively like. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
10-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Kev! \o/

As much as I enjoyed the little bit of FM2019 that I played I'm in a similar boat to you, in that other things take up all my time and I get no chance to play it anymore.
10-04-2019, 02:42 PM
This is where having no life becomes a serious advantage. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
11-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Trouble is I get the half terms and then I have LOTS of time to play! I might just stick to having an FM14 save ticking along to be picked up whenever I've got these chunks of time.

32 real life Liverpool games also cuts into the weekend playing time too.

*awaitstheinevitableabuseforbeingaLiverpoolfan Mrgreen
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
11-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Last version I had was FM13 and last one I played properly was FM11.

Not enough spare time anymore.

I actually play FIFA more now (I know, boo hiss), as that's often on anyway because my 7yr has got into it. I mean, I'm shit at it but it's easier to play casually than FM.
12-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Good to see you here BillyMac. Glad to read that you are well. Liverpool fans deserve their moment in the sun, at least more than Man Utd fans Tongue

Between commitments at work and home, I am finding it difficult to find the time to really commit to playing through 3 seasons to post a career thread. However, I still enjoy playing a few games here and there when I get the time and motivation.

I have FM18, I have not gotten FM19 yet, will probably pick it up when I have some pocket money available and it is on sale.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett