Premier League Survivor 2018/19
16-07-2019, 02:56 PM
As the new season approaches, I am starting to think about rejigging the format of this game.

Shall we get rid of the lives element, and just go for a 20 week game where everyone picks each team once, and the person who picks most wins is the winner? This way we keep everyone involved for the whole competition. The Random Generator will still pick a team for anyone who misses a week, but this will now eliminate a team for that player and be marked as a loss against them for that week.

Tie breakers as last year could be Number of Draws, followed by goal difference, then goals for, and finally alphabetical order.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions or ideas are welcome Thup
16-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Sounds good to me!
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

16-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Not too keen on the alphabetical tie breaker! Tongue

But I'm game anyway!
16-07-2019, 04:17 PM
(16-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Wolve Wrote: Not too keen on the alphabetical tie breaker! Tongue

Mrgreen

EDIT: Actually, I'll remove the alphabetical order tie breaker as we could end up with everyone renaming themselves as Aaaaaaaaron or something like that Smile

Unlike the Cricket World Cup, the trophy will be shared if all the above tie breakers are tied.
16-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Yes cos otherwise I'll be the first to win the plate uncontested.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
16-07-2019, 07:39 PM
You could do 2 lots of 19 week competitions, I know this would mean one team not being picked for each tourney, but might make it a bit interesting? Plus it means I wouldn't have to pick that scumbag team that made it Mrgreen

At the end, combine the two tables to give an overall champion, if there is a two way tie, use the FA Cup and/or Champions League finals to decide the winner? Or, if multiple players are tied, use those cups (add in the Europa League final as well) in a traditional predictions style contest.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

17-07-2019, 11:49 AM
(16-07-2019, 07:39 PM)Walks Wrote: You could do 2 lots of 19 week competitions, I know this would mean one team not being picked for each tourney, but might make it a bit interesting? Plus it means I wouldn't have to pick that scumbag team that made it Mrgreen

At the end, combine the two tables to give an overall champion, if there is a two way tie, use the FA Cup and/or Champions League finals to decide the winner? Or, if multiple players are tied, use those cups (add in the Europa League final as well) in a traditional predictions style contest.

The problem with using every game is when there are re-arranged games (League Cup final weekend), or some FA Cup weekends where some Premier League games are played, but not others.

We could possibly go for 2 lots of 17 weeks, or maybe 18 at a push to mean we have a bit more flexibility.
08-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Is this still happening? The first game is tomorrow night, so I suppose we're having to skip the first round already.
08-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Ah crap, that snuck up on me!