FM19
15-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Aye, just been trawling through to see if it's already been raised. If I can't find it I'll raise it with them. After my team had 14 days off, we're now in the middle of 4 matches in 7 days!
15-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Dunno what the problem is. Proper non-league, that. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
15-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Mrgreen
14-12-2018, 12:57 PM
I've been having a think about the new tactical presets in FM19, and how LLM they actually are. What do you guys think, should we be using prebuilt tactical styles or should we be using the clean slate and creating everything ourselves?

No tipping, just thought it warranted a discussion.
14-12-2018, 01:50 PM
clean slate and creating everything ourselves

+1

Because every manager has their own tactical setup IRL. my opinion.
15-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Personally not arsed, as you can amend the presets anyway. I don't use them outright, I go for the one I want to resemble the closest then alter it to suit me. Not because I don't know how to set them up, it just saves faffing with instructions I already know I want to use.

Besides, they'll all work differently anyway based on your personnel - and they won't work at all if you've got the wrong players.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

27-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Bought the game on sale, installed but have not yet played it... maybe next year Wink
14-01-2019, 10:36 PM
I like being able to talk to players about their training performances but I wish there were more options.

14-01-2019, 10:55 PM
I also wish you could refer to their training performances (or lack thereof) when they come whining to you about not playing.

I muts admit I was nervous the first time I use the criticise option to let a player know they needed to buck up Mrgreen
29-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Has anyone noticed there being the 38th Premier League game sometimes being on the Tuesday AFTER the final match weekend of the season? that must be a bug surely?

29-01-2019, 10:59 PM
I'll check it out next time I load it, but sure sounds like a bug Thup
12-02-2019, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 03:38 PM by SackedLlaMa.)
Decided to buy FM19 but haven't started a proper career yet. As usual, I started the first few attempts unemployed with only the lowest division in Spain, Portugal, Germany, France and Italy loaded. I gave myself a National A license (the license below what was recommended for Segunda B) but I can't even get a job interview. Don't know if this has been made more difficult from previous editions? If so, it might be more realistic now but also more annoying if you want to go my route.

Was also disappointed to see that when I loaded with the Norwegian premiership as View-only, the top teams had pretty much fake players only. Don't know if it's always been like that but now I feel like I have to load up every league in Europe to make sure I don't end up with a bunch of fake players everywhere.

Anyway, apart from that I'm very excited about this year's game as it seems like the first major upgrade in years. I like the changes to the training and I'm with JD on the tactics presets. I see them as a quick way to get your tactical vision across and just seems like a time saver really. You'll still end up tweaking it quite a bit anyway unless you have exactly the right players, which in the lower leagues is less likely I find.

Seems like a good game and I just need to get a job and get started now.

Edit: Oh, another thing just came to mind. I was very excited when I saw the possibility of adding the 4th tier in Norway only to be equally disappointed when realising it's not playable. Would loved it if they unlocked it at some point as it's a much better (and more realistic) starting point for a llama.
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

15-02-2019, 07:30 PM
My experience with FM19 so far:

- Started unemployed, but right after the Icelandic season ended I was hired when a manager in the second tier stepped down.
- The players had just started a 2 month holiday so I didn't get to meet them upon arrival.
- The players' opinion of me when I arrived: Poor.
- The players' opinion of me when they returned from holidaying: Very Poor.
- played an early pre-season friendly and won 4-1.
- Several influential players calls a meeting about a week later to tell me this is going terribly and that they've lost all faith in me.
- Two weeks into pre-season I'm forced to sell my best striker - who wants to sign for a bigger club - to at least 'do something right' according to my players.

A bit of a harsh and unfair start I feel. Have no idea how I was able to piss them off while they were at home celebrating Christmas or how a 4-1 win proved how awful things were going... It escalated really quickly as well.

Is this a new feature where it's even harder to break into managing with no previous experience? Like you really have to earn the respect of your players? If so, I like it. Hope it's not a bug..
Previous saves: 

15-02-2019, 08:56 PM
That's been my experience. I've had to change my approach with certain things to try and win the players over, which seemed to work for a while in one of the jobs.
15-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I was not ready for it at all so I will definitely keep that in mind for my next job. Which I might be looking for really soon considering how my current one is going... Mrgreen
Previous saves: 

16-02-2019, 02:36 AM
At the moment, if a group of fans broke into our training ground like they did at Sporting Lisbon, I'd arm them. Set of cunts, my players.