Use Your Swede lad
06-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Nice one!

kutgw
10-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Season 8 -Ytterby Swedish D2 NG
There was a mass exodus of players and staff at the end of the season, I placed adverts for staff. The main player departure was my trusty GK Haddock, I had a promising backup in carlos though I will see how he pans out if i cant get anyone in

Board expectations were for a top half finish. Started inconsistently, winning and losing but rarely drawing, scoring goals but also leaky. Halfway through the season we were 8-3-2, with the goals spread fairly evenly between the attacking players in my squad including new young striker Cocky Git. Results became more inconsistent but we remained there or thereabouts.

Swedish cup
1st round vs skelleftea (D2N) won 3-1 after a virtuoso hat trick from the Cannon
2nd round vs brommapojkarna (PRM) lost 3-0

With 5 games left we were 2nd, but 6 points behind clear leaders Norrby, and on a poor run of form. So I had no expectations of promotion.

Finished 3rd , 14points behind runaway winners Norrby and with 2 points less than last season. Im torn to be honest. Do I stick around and try and push on, the difficulty being that several first teamers are refusing new contracts, or try and get a job at the next level up?
13-11-2018, 12:06 AM
Season 9 - Ytterby
10 November 2018
21:57
Every bloody year they relay the pitch! They should just get a 3G pitch. Implemented a new tactic and mixed results in pre season.
They were equally mixed when the season started . Halfway through the season we were 6-3-4 and sitting 5th. I mean, we are treading water, but losing key players and replacing them adequately so I guess it isnt all bad. Particularly pleasing was academy player Death Stare slotting into the squad as a rotation centre back.
Late in the season I changed to a new system and this was effective in improving results, but not spectacularly so. Finished 6th, bit of a damp squib of a season but the high point is players are coming through and I met board expectations again
13-11-2018, 11:53 PM
At least you didn't get sacked! Lol
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
15-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Ytterby- season not sure what number- 10? Repeated a number I think.

D2 WG
Pitch relaid again.
Few players out and a couple in ,
Solda youth product MC who played most of last season for 3k, my first ever transfer fee. Few more youth products breaking into the senior squad too

Unfortunately after a poor start I was called in and told to get 9 points from 5 games....
We lost the next two to leave me staring down the barrel. Win the next 3 or i was gone. The teams heads were down, and nothing I tried could change it.
In the next game I reverted back to an earlier tactic, and in a gutsy performance the lads dug in and beat Fjaras 1-0 at home.

Sadly, a far superior Tord teambeat us 5-1 at theirs. I couldnt even look at my team after. Obviously sacked.

A problem at this levelin sweden seems to be that only the champs go up. So if you perform well but dont win the league, players want more money and leave when you cant afford it.
15-11-2018, 10:17 AM
It's tough one to get out of to begin with. You've done well sticking around for four seasons though! It'll be interesting to see where you'll end up next.

The pitch issues remind me of one of the best LLM reports on here: http://www.lowerleaguemanager.com/forum/...hp?tid=185
18-11-2018, 09:40 PM
2023-24 Bramming Boldklub , Danish D2 west

OK so eventually I got offered this semi pro team in the 3rd and bottom tier of Danish football.
Basically enough players for a starting 11, and needed to advertise for an assman and scout. Board asking me to struggle against relegation.
Managed to sign up an Assman and scout and physio, drew my first league game before losing 2-0 away. Then lost 1-0 to a team from the same level in the cup.
So far, not getting outplayed just need to find the net more.

This is a league of 16 teams where the winners get promoted only (sigh.....) and the bottom 3 go down
Halfway through the season, we are 3-7-5 and in the best relegation spot, but just a point from safety and coming off the back of a 5 match unbeaten run.

After the winter break this was extended to 11 matches unbeaten, before We lost 2-1 away at Skive. Now 12th in the table and 3 points above the relegation places.

A rocky patch followed where we went 1-0-4 and slipped back into the relegation zone with 3 games left, although at least 5 teams were easily catchable and everything was to play for. A2-1 win over odder took us out of the drop zone on GD. We battled to defeat already relegated Kjelerup 2-1 and were safe by a point, but a team 2 points behind us had a game in hand. Squeaky bum time. Thankfully their gam in hand was lost and it was in our hands.

We actually lost 1-0 but stayed up on GD! Sigh of relief
19-11-2018, 10:09 AM
If you were pretty much expected to drop, then that's a good result! kutgw
19-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Yes this season didn't go too badly at all
23-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Bramming boldklub 2024-25

Very short break between seasons, obviously the winter break is when most deals take place . A few senior players either retired or left and a couple of frees came in, was forced to blood some youth.

Lost my first 2 league games before winning 2-1 in the cup against a team from my division
Then went 1-0-1 in league games before dispatching non league opponents 3-2 away in the cup
The team faltered and lost a few in a row, before a change in fortunes brought 3 wins on the bounce including dispatching more non league opponents in the cup
In the last 16 of the cup we drew kobenvahn of the premier league at home , we lost 1-0 but played immensely well. 

At the winter break, we were in the drop zone, but only by a point. I suddenly got offered a job interview with fanborough, who were in an identical position in the skrill south. Didnt get offered it though. I’m not applying for jobs btw but I also got an interview with Corby of the skrill north. Perhaps if you exist long enough teams just start to take notice. Didnt get that either but I'll be happy to see the season out at Bramming and see if i can keep them afloat again.

With 5 games left we were 4 points from safety, so it was going to be a close run thing. After going 1-2-0 over our next 3 games this was down to a 2 point gap. However a 0-0 draw saw is trail a team with a game in hand by 3 points with an inferior GD, so pretty much dead and buried.
We played that very team in our final game, and needed to win by at least 5 to stand a chance of overtaking them . Went 2-0 up before crumbling to a 2-2 draw and relegation by 3 points.
25-11-2018, 11:02 PM
2025-26 Ards, Nothern Ireland Championship 2
23 November 2018
19:05
Turned down another Sweden D2 job because firstly, they were mid season, and secondly cause I cant be arsed with it again so soon.

Ards have in the dim and distant past won the top tier once, but during this save have bounced around the two lower levels, mainly the C2. The board wanted me to not get relegated to an unplayable level, a big ask for me obviously, and the media had us at 25/1 to go up.

I assembled a ragtag bunch of players poached from amateurs and youths and set to it.

Not sure whats going on with the cups there seem to be about 12 of them.

League cup:
Tobermore utd (C1) won 2-1
Ballymoney (prem)won 3-1
Banbridge (C2) won 2-1
QF Glenavon (prem) lost 3-0
The press review mentioned us as the “overachievers” in this competition

Country Antrim Shield:
Ballymoney (Prem) lost 2-1

Steel and sons cup:
Ballymena (C2) lost 3-1

Intermediate cup:
Valley rangers (NL) won 6-0
Dunloy athletic (NL) won 2-1
Larne tech OB (NL) won 4-2
Coagh Utd (C2) won 1-0
QF Lisburn rovers (nl) lost 2-0

NI Cup
Seapatrick (NI) won 4-1
Glentoran (prem) lost 2-1

League:
Played inconsistently but didn’t draw any games 8-0-7 after half the season and 6th place. We then embarked on an epic losing streak, and I was forced to make tactical changes. The ship steadied somewhat but we were in no danger of setting the league on fire.

During this season I had my 400th game in charge. This was significant because the youth intake had just arrived, and 3 of them were parachuted straight into first team action. A GK who was streets ahead of what we already had and two strikers who scored 2 and 3 respectively in a 6-2 victory. They are both still only 15 years old !!! Safe with a game to spare, finished 11/16 8pts clear of relegation

25-11-2018, 11:20 PM
So... many... cups...

That youth intake must be encouraging and a solid base for next season!
25-11-2018, 11:28 PM
I toyed with the idea of playing the reserves in a couple of cups, but if just love to get a trophy under my belt.

Yep the club seems to have decent youth recruiters if nothing else!
30-11-2018, 11:45 PM
2026-27, Ards, C2

So inexplicably the board have decided we need promotion this season, which means a top 2 finish. Nice one.

One of my young CBs was signed away by a prem team shortly before the season

League:
Started badly with a 4-1 defeat to newly relegated Larne. Got quite a bit better and hung around the top half. Noteworthy was a 4-0 win over H&W welders where my keeper took a kick out of his hands and scored at the other end, not seen that before ! At the halfway point 6-6-3 and 7th place
After a slump we fell to 11th again and the board gave me a month to improve results we went 4-0-2 to hopefully ease the pressure. Finished 8th with a record of 12-9-9

League cup:
Banbridge (c2) won 2-1
Ballymoney (prem) 0-0 lost on pens

County Antrim shield:
Chimney corner (c1) lost 4-2 AET in a match where the opposition injured 4 of my players

Steel and sons cup:
Mountjoy utd (nl) won 3-0
NFC KESH (nl) won 2-1
Rosario (NL) won 4-2 AET
QF Dundela  (C2) won 4-2
SF Brentwood (C2) lost 2-1

Interim cup:
Ballymoney oly (NL) won 2-0
Newry City (C1) won 5-4
Rosario (NL) won 3-2
QF dunmurry (C2) lost 1-0

NI Cup:
Wakehurst (C2) won 3-2
Annagh utd (NL) 3-3
Annagh Utd won 2-1
Glenavon (prem) lost 4-2
01-12-2018, 01:04 AM
yay
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

01-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Nothern Ireland Championship 2

Christ. That phrase still makes me wake up with cold sweats from past saves Mrgreen

KUTGW

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
01-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Hopefully I'm at rock bottom and the only way is up!
03-12-2018, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM by AlbionOakley.)
2027-28 Ards

The board want me to win the league….. Sigh. Did have a good start and after half the season had gone11-0-4 and we were 3rd, twopoints off the top and 5 clear of 4th. However takeover rumours prompted a massive slump which seemed to go on forever and prompted a tactical rethink. Couldn’t buy a win, and there was no end in sight, dropped all the way to 10th. Literally didn’t win for 15 games and when a manager from the next division up showed up to my penultimate game and the media said he was the prospective new board’s man I said “sod this” and quit.

League cup:
Annagh Utd (C1) lost on pens

County Antrim shield
Distillery (C1) lost 3-1 with a second string team

Steel and sons cup:
Chimney corner (C2) lost on pens

Interim cup:
Raceview (NL) won 3-1
Coleraine reserves (NL) lost 2-0
08-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Lisburn Distillery 2028/9

Took on newly relegated Distillery and the board asked me to not get relegated again
Signed an AMC who was one of last seasons breakthrough youths at ards
Started really badly going 1-0-7 before going on a winning streak and improving massively. Finished 11th with 40 points going 13-1-16

League cup:
Ballyclare (c1) won 4-2
Ballymena (c1) lost 4-1

County Antrim shield:
Ballymoney (c1) lost 1-0

Steel and sons cup:
Cliftonville oly (nl) lost 3-2 AET

Interim cup
Glentoran seconds (nl) won on pens
Dundela (C2) won 2-1
Dunmurry (NL) won 2-0
 QF Linfield swifts (nl) won 3-2
SF Larne (c1) won 2-1
FINAL Kilmore Rec lost 3-2 AET
Damn, nearly my first trophy of the save

Irish Cup
Newry (c1) lost 3-0
08-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Nothing beats a good old dummy spit. Mrgreen

Good start though?