Rocking all Rover the World
17-01-2019, 12:07 AM
Doncaster on their way to merely relative obscurity. The stuff of legend. KUTGW!
21-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Mrgreen

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
26-01-2019, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2019, 10:07 PM by JD95 aka Fidsy Jr..)
Doncaster Rovers - Premier League, 2027/8

I fully expected I'd be able to kick on this season, judging by how we'd done in the year just gone. Flogged a few squad players I didn't need and two first teamers I got bids I couldn't say no to for, and I replaced them with high potential younger players. The board decided to expand the ground from 15k to 20k, but we'd have to play our home games down the road in Huddersfield until this was completed. Bit of a FUCKING MASSIVE DRAIN on our funds. 

Well. It was a fucking disaster. My job was never in danger, but the club was. I just couldn't seem to get them to play the way I wanted, and even when I gave that up as a bad job, I couldn't make them hard to beat. Some of the kids turned out to have a fucking horrific attitude problem or just shit and the dressing room was absolutely toxic. We got 3 wins up until mid January, which was a total shit show, particularly the 13 without a win - following and ending with a 2-0 win over Southampton, funnily enough (a scoreline we'd repeat in the Cup as well). I had held an interview with Everton who were also in the dogfight themselves, but I felt the situation wasn't beyond repair. So I kicked some arse in the dressing room, changed my set up ever so slightly, publicly chucked my toys out the pram when the board said no to more funds to fund the survival battle and we managed a second win in the month of January against Burnley by way of an own goal. 

Of course, the extra cash was fucking useless as I couldn't find anyone who wanted to join that would actually improve the team. We struggled to pick up points though a win against Bournemouth did do nicely, and we stayed in touch at the bottom, which was all I could ask for. The struggle continued and we lost must win games along the way, but then a shock win at home in March to Palace in 7th - our first was a retarded back pass own goal that the keeper totally missed, and our second was a similar thing but my striker got onto it after it passed him - seemed to be a corner turned. The next match was at home to 17th placed Brentford and if we won, we'd escape the drop zone. And we did. 4-1 win gave the lads a lot of confidence for the run in, and a 2-1 win over Everton went massively towards keeping us up with them still just about in the mix. 

The final three games pit us against Watford, Leicester and Huddersfield - all three were deep in the mire along with us, so it was make or break time. We'd fallen back into the bottom 3 at this point so it was a case of try and win the lot and hope to Christ it was enough. Watford pumped us 4-1 early in the day at 'our' place (can't fucking wait to go back home) but Leicester - just outside the drop zone - lost their game to Leeds on the Sunday meaning it was still on. At the King Power, we took an early lead and added a second before the break. The Foxes had no answer and we needed just a point from 19th placed Huddersfield to ensure a third successive season in the top flight. As it happened, in our 'home' game against Huddersfield in, er, Huddersfield, ended up being an edgy affair - if the 'away' side won, we'd go down on goal difference in their favour regardless of what Leicester did. Leicester ended up losing their game so their result was irrelevant, but I'd set up to strangle the life out of our game and play for the point - which we did, in a very cagey affair. So Huddersfield were relegated, at their own ground, in front of their own fans... as the away team. Mad.

Cups sucked arse. Out to Spurs in FACR5 and League Cup round 2 to Blackburn.

Fucking disaster of a season and I will have to have a major think about how we go from here. We're still in the Premier League which is of course the main thing but I feel we took a massive backwards step this season and I am very disappointed with how things went.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
26-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Erm, KUTGW?
26-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Well, we didn't go down, so. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

26-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Tough season, good thing to stay up.
29-01-2019, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2019, 10:24 PM by JD95 aka Fidsy Jr..)
Doncaster Rovers - Premier League, 2028/29

Long story short, I took an axe to the squad and spent an absolute fortune - half of which the board provided, half of which I got from selling an absolute superstar of a defender I'd picked up on the cheap to Spurs for £54m. My last Tunisian went out the door in the summer too, which was a bit sad, but he wasn't able to replicate his form from our first season up here.

And I went back to the way I wanted to play. I figured, if we were going to struggle, we may as well do it my way. The board could shite.

But we didn't. At all. My youngsters really stepped up to the plate. One of the new recruits, young gun Babs (in on a free from a South African club), went on to finish 2nd in the goalscoring charts. We were in a shock European chase from start to finish, and we'd racked up the magic 40 points by early January. We only got 38 points all season last year! A few more incomings and outgoings in January including a shitebag young midfielder I'd spend a massive wedge on the previous summer who kept going out on the lash got the squad into the kind of shape I wanted, and we cracked on with our fine form. I thought I'd fucked it in the chase for the top four on more than one occasion. It went right down to the wire.

Chelsea had already claimed 3rd spot, but the fixtures fell very kindly for us in the end as we set up a final day showdown with 4th placed Arsenal for the final Champions League spot. Liverpool had fucked it and due to our massive GD (only United, the champions, had a better one) couldn't overtake us even if we lost.

Traveling to the Emirates knowing a win would take Doncaster into Europe for the very first time, I set up to chuck the kitchen sink at them as nothing but a win would do for the top table of European football. The first half was a total non-event. However, we managed to take the lead not long after the break lifting us above the Gunners. Another goal on 75 minutes sealed the deal. Champions League football would be coming to South Yorkshire! Best get that 20k seater expanded again...

The cups were a mixed bag - a rotated side went out 2-1 to Watford in FACR6, but Bristol put out my second string at the first hurdle (i.e. R2) in the League Cup.

Where do I even go from here? Aim is to be competitive in the group, maybe squeeze through depending on who we get. I like to run with a small squad though so that will have to change if I'm going to put a dent into continental competition. I thought we were at least a couple of years away from even thinking about Europa League football, never mind this. Then again, it helped no end having someone who could regularly find the back of the net at one end and a man who wasn't a fucking retard at the other...

29-01-2019, 10:23 PM
We're also selling out every home game, so the future looks very bright. Smile

29-01-2019, 11:30 PM
What. A. Season!

Great job getting Donny to the top table of Europe, and good luck with the challenge of competing with the big boys! Is there still a qualifying round to negotiate for 4th place to get in to the groups?

KUTGW Thup
29-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Nope, four go straight into the group stage because we've been top of the coefficient table for a number of years. A shame in a sense as it would have been another round therefore more prize money and more TV money too...

31-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Very nice season indeed, KUTGW!
31-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Nice work getting into the Champions League! Good luck getting any results without any players trained in-squad Mrgreen
31-01-2019, 08:36 PM
What a turnaround! I'm thinking FM2019 suits you. kutgw
16-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Doncaster Rovers - Premier League, 2029/30

As you've probably noticed, things are going very well in South Yorkshire. Perhaps a little too well. At least, that's what the FM gods seem to think.

My goalkeeper - an absolute rock - threatened to kick up a fuss if I didn't let him join United. I let him go. Big mistake as his replacement was, while on paper just as good, shite. A few other stars wanted out as well as they'd interested a few of Europe's big boys in our impressive campaign, and the dressing room turned toxic when I said no to a few of them.

It was a fucking disaster and we just couldn't get going. I resigned after 19 games with the club lying in 19th on 11 points, 3 points adrift. The squad is more than capable, as I added quite a few talented lads including a crayon muncher from Tottenham at the arse end of his career, but they just didn't gel quickly enough and I felt it best left to someone else to guide them to safety. Left with a very heavy heart, for obvious reasons.

In Europe, we went into the final match day with a chance of sneaking into 2nd, though ultimately we'd drop into the second tier tournament and draw Sporting Lisbon. Obviously I never got to play that game. In the League Cup, we got to the 4th Round and met our demise at the hands of Sunderland. Never made it to FACR3 game.

Bollocks. Cunts. If I'd kept at least my goalkeeper I know things would have been very different, as that seemed to open up the floodgates, and as I've said, his replacement was a fucking retard. Dunno where I go from here.

16-02-2019, 03:16 AM
One positive is I'd managed to get the board to agree to expand to 25k which will set us up nicely going forward, and the club's rep is such that they can expect to appoint a fairly big name, which is nice.

16-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Ah man, that's a real shame it went sour so quickly there. Hopefully you'll continue to see Donny in the top flight and pushing for Europe, and you manage to get a decent job where you don't have them as rivals.

What other leagues do you have as playable?
16-02-2019, 02:56 PM
I've got all the major European leagues as well as the second divisions there available as well as Scotland in case the Rangers job comes up and a few like the Netherlands.

I did get offered another Premier League job but they were in the scrap as well so I just couldn't, really.

18-02-2019, 11:47 AM
Are you looking to stay in the UK or do you fancy a trip abroad? Which leagues would be interesting to you?
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

18-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Rangers are the only one that I'm mad keen on - only it isn't available!

I'd love a go at Italy and there's a very interesting prospect come up...

19-02-2019, 06:54 AM
Intriguing! Italy sounds like fun Smile
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy