Alcoholic Beverages The Unofficial Beer, Ale and Lager (and now with added Wine Connoisseur) thread
21-01-2011, 10:53 PM
(21-01-2011, 10:30 PM)keefa Wrote: Mrgreen

Puke

22-01-2011, 08:59 AM
(21-01-2011, 10:24 PM)Rodderas Wrote: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkeh! stinking alchehmehol!

Shouldn't visit the forum drunked

Andy Laphoraig Thup like drinking a muddy puddle :morethup: :offtopuke: Confusedtinkinglife:

Kwaality DP'ing
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje
25-01-2011, 12:51 PM
(21-01-2011, 10:48 PM)ken66 Wrote: I was in a bar at 1am in Belgium a couple of years ago and I asked the landlady what time she closes. she said at 2am.

a couple of hours (or so) later I said to her 'I thought you were closing at 2?'
she said 'we did'

Apparently when the doors close, if you in your in, if your out your out. It was light when we left Twitch

Aaahh.....the two most holy words in the English language.

Lock.

In.

Mrgreen
25-01-2011, 08:38 PM
(22-01-2011, 08:59 AM)tomtwice Wrote:
(21-01-2011, 10:24 PM)Rodderas Wrote: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkeh! stinking alchehmehol!

Shouldn't visit the forum drunked

Andy Laphoraig Thup like drinking a muddy puddle :morethup: :offtopuke: Confusedtinkinglife:

Kwaality DP'ing

Really thinking of giving up drinking! I've had a bit of shitty couple of months. Found no comfort at the bottom of a bottle.

Oh well

25-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I think I went through drinking backwards - pre being able to get into pubs it was anything (I remember Thunderbirds, Sherry and Cider were personal favourites). Once I could get into pubs it was bitter and ale. I got it from my dad I think through having thr odd crafty pint at the footy and just drinking what he got. Sought my pleasures from elsewhere in my clubbing years before becoming a lager drinker in my mid-20s. Now, I rarely go to a pub but it's cider every time if I do.

I have to be honest, when I was younger I was a bit of a binge drinker, a glutton in general who didn't know or want to stop. I think I'm a decent bloke but I also think I behaved like an arsehole a few too many times for my liking when under the influence.

Which leads me to now. I couldn't have done this when I was younger - a bottle of rum would not last a night but I love mixing cocktails. I like reading about them, researching them, making them, learning new techniques and of course tasting them. I love collecting spirits and liquers and research material - I reckon I've rarely had the same drink more than once in about four years (bar a few amazing exceptions I save for occasions - I knock up a cracking Mai Tai!). My mates laugh at me, my family look on me in derision, I rarely go to bars where they serve cocktails but it's just a part of my life I really enjoy.
25-01-2011, 09:20 PM
That's fucking BRILLIANT Ken. I need names, addresses and plane tickets.
25-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Is Baz Tom Cruise in disguise?
25-01-2011, 11:38 PM
(25-01-2011, 09:20 PM)Mr603 Wrote: That's fucking BRILLIANT Ken. I need names, addresses and plane tickets.

Name: any bar
Address: Belgium

you can source your own tickets Wink

Although driving is more fun, it doesn't matter if you can't stay on the road...it's just miles of flat fields (speaking from experience)
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
27-01-2011, 08:54 PM
No. He's a creepy Scientologist and I'm not.

'Cocktail' is about decadence and flair - I'm about precision and care. I can't stand the thought of 'free-pouring' (which goes on all the time in that film). Even the experts shy away from that.
27-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Managed to pick up a Kentish Ale called Master's Brew at the local supermarket here in Finland and was pleasantly surprised! Couldn't find their website in the first 30 seconds (Because of a DC program called Brew Masters?) sooo here's a link I did find. About the ale of course!

http://thebeerbunker.blogspot.com/2010/1...neame.html
29-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I hope this doesn't catch on. It will, of course it will. But I really hope not, there's no skill in 'pulling' that drink, no head on it and no chance to have a brief chat with the bar staff. Pubs are already fucked due to cheap supermarket booze and smoking bans, this'll finish them off.

[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
30-01-2011, 12:30 AM
That and the type of beer it'll be will be shit anyway.
30-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah but shit beers (that means you Bud, Carling and Fosters) are the bigger sellers and when bar owners see they can 'pour' four drinks in five seconds while reducing their staffing costs they'll go for it. All of which will mean more pubs focusing on shifting units of shit beer and good beers becoming harder to find.
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
30-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Your average pubs won't be going for the plastic beakers though, will they? :S

This looks to me like something you'll find at sporting events, musical festivals/gigs or large events.

Having said that, no-one in this country will be able to afford to go out for a drink soon anyway :p
31-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm not so sure. Plastic reduces costs in the long run due to fewer breakages and most pubs that have kiddie friendly facilities or beer gardens are only allowing plastic 'glasses' in and around those areas for safety reasons.

The biggest use is certainly going to be gigs/sports/other outdoor events though.

Still going to be a shit and over-priced pint Sad
31-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Your average pub won't use this. Really, really busy bars and clubs might.

In those places the beer is shit anyway. In your standard local the quality of the beer is more important, often including a decent selection of bitter/ale. I can't see that changing just because of this.
31-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Never mind that shit. Finally got hold of a few bottles of Punk IPA

Fucking marvellous stuff. Go, drink it. Now.
04-02-2011, 08:55 PM
another night pissed down the drain Sad

04-02-2011, 11:44 PM
At 5 to 8? There's a whole session still ahead of you! Mrgreen
05-02-2011, 08:22 AM
I didn't realise it was so early! I did quite well then, don't feel so bad this morning Thup