Stupid Questions
20-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Many answers to Stupid Questions about LLM can be found on our FAQ page, but if you can't find an answer there or anywhere else on the site, please ask away here and we'll do our best to help.
02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
I actually have a Stupid Question. Of sorts.

Back on LLMB we had a thread in which we discussed the realism of moving jobs, particularly across nations and continents. Was League 1 in England to Chinese Premier League a reasonable move kind of thing? Due to the new Dynamic League Rep model that discussion has been blown out of the water somewhat. It's possible that at some point in your game that the Chinese League will become the best in the world.

So, based on the new system, what do we consider a 'reasonable' jump in class? Half a star? A full star? Anything more than a star is pushing it, surely?
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
02-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Haha, I was thinking exactly this earlier today! I was even contemplating emailing SI to see if they could let us know how the reps work so we could put together some kind of 'guide'. Smile
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Could be good, but we'd have to keep it fluid. I load a few .5-2 star leagues, plus England (and I'm not alone) - a rule preventing a jump from (say) Chinese side in the Asia Confed. Cup to (say) League One would prevent globe trotters from being put off.
02-12-2010, 11:54 PM
The issue raised itself because I'm managing in the Israeli Premier League and, without having won anything or qualified for Europe, I was offered the Wigan job. Now I would never take that job as there's no potential in the club but given that they've been relegated to the Championship they are in a league with a rep the same as mine - three stars. That, theoretically, makes the job a sideways step and imo legitimate. Likewise the Southampton and Middlesboro' jobs that I was also offered, but at the same time it feels wrong to leap from a relatively weak league (and club) to clubs expecting Premier League football currently playing in a very rich and well known league.

Shrug
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
03-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Ah right, so it actually shows you the league reputation on FM11 then?
03-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah. It even announces changes in the dynamic league rep (dlr) every season or so. The dlr changes aren't huge jumps though, or at least they don't appear to be. And within each rating there appears to be sub-ratings. The IPL for instance moved up 16 places without its star rating, or that of the majority of other leagues in its vicinity, changing from 3*. Presumably 5* equates to 10/10 or similar while 3* equates to say 5.00 to 5.99/10 which allows for scope to move relatively quickly among similar quality leagues while ensuring bigger jumps are more difficult.

Possibly.
06-12-2010, 12:45 PM
(03-12-2010, 01:08 AM)keefa Wrote: Ah right, so it actually shows you the league reputation on FM11 then?

Example below (League has dropped from 3 star to 2 and a half).

[Image: iMZdw.png]
20-12-2010, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2010, 10:46 AM by kin_lin.)
Ok 1/3 of the way through SQ1.4. But in cutting and pasting the Qs & As, I have come up with a question. Now I know the standard LLaMa position is N.O. to parent/feeder club relationships in the home nations. However I remember reading somewhere that SI have stated that in the later versions of FM (FM10, FM11, possibly FM09?) the parent/feeder club relationships in the home nations have been sorted out to reflect the laws of the home nation FAs and the reality of "informal" relationships.

If so, what is the current LLaMa position on parent/feeder club relationships in the home nations?
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

[Image: newcastlejetsfan1fi2iphg0.gif]
[Image: arsenal1.jpg]

GNU Terry Pratchett
23-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Here you go the SQ1.4 spreadsheet finally done.

Attached Files
.xls   llm-forum Stupid Question 1.4.xls (Size: 87.5 KB / Downloads: 16)
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

[Image: newcastlejetsfan1fi2iphg0.gif]
[Image: arsenal1.jpg]

GNU Terry Pratchett
23-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Well done kin_lin.

I'm getting there with 1.5 as well. Up to about page 13 of 18.
19-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Andy - have you downloaded all the sheets posted so far? I want to tidy the thread up and take all the extraneous posts out, so let me know if/when you have them all and I'll start culling...

19-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I think so - but leave number 4 just in case.
19-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Thup

19-01-2011, 06:47 PM
What's FM?
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
19-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Dubious

19-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Why does my topic have an FM 2010 logo next to it? It's 2011! Couldn't find a thread to post this in.
19-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I need helpConfused

I have a save with Ukraine, Swiss, Austria and top leagues in France and England loaded. The first 2 seasons I promoted Helios Kharkiv from the 1st league to the Ukraine Premier. There I was offered the Shakhtar Donetsk job which I took and subsequently won the Premier league at the first attempt P30 W28 D2 L0 F85 A9 86pts. It all felt too easy because the team was already the best in the league. Boring almost.

My question is this: is it unreasonable or unrealistic to go backwards for a job in Austria or Switzerland (whose reputations are less than Ukraine) for more of a challenge?
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
19-01-2011, 10:43 PM
(19-01-2011, 10:15 PM)ken66 Wrote: My question is this: is it unreasonable or unrealistic to go backwards for a job in Austria or Switzerland (whose reputations are less than Ukraine) for more of a challenge?

Why not? You could think of any number of reasons it would be a reasonable move to make on a personal level- don't like Ukraine winters, food sucks- you didn't settle in. I've left jobs in FM for far lower league teams for the challenge of the building part. Don't see anything unrealistic about it personally.

19-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Whs, the only time it would be an issue to me is if you'd been at a top club and won numerous leagues and cups etc. and then dropped to the very bottom.