Stupid Questions
27-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't like to put a number on it but if you were a small club (and hence look at more trialists than other clubs) you probably wouldn't have time to look at 20+ lads running around to make a judgement (unless you had a metophorical trialist match between them). The other thing to consider is that you'd probably still need space to look at your own lads and that and it would also depend on how many coaches you have. Go on, I'll put a number on it - 20. Discuss?

28-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Taking my local clubs, Cheltenham Town, as a real life example each pre-season the local rag will often discuss this trialist or that trialist having an opportunity in a upcoming friendly. On average there would appear to be up to 10 such players each season, often though very few of these appear to do enough to be offered a contract.
28-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Someone who plays for my local Step 5 team had a trial a couple of seasons back at Cheltenham! Mrgreen

Getting to the question in hand though, non-League clubs (non professional ones anyway) often have a high turnover in players, so it'd certainly be feasible for there to be more trialists than contracted players at the early pre-season training sessions if the manager is in effect having to build a new squad.

I think the number of players you'd realisticly take on trial would depend on how many players you have in your squad. If you've got a full squad of decent players then you don't really need to bring anyone in on trial, if however the majority of your squad buggered off at the end of the previous season then I'd say it wouldn't be too unrealistic to have a squad's worth of trialists.

28-01-2011, 09:57 AM
(28-01-2011, 09:48 AM)Ben OBagels Wrote: I think the number of players you'd realisticly take on trial would depend on how many players you have in your squad. If you've got a full squad of decent players then you don't really need to bring anyone in on trial, if however the majority of your squad buggered off at the end of the previous season then I'd say it wouldn't be too unrealistic to have a squad's worth of trialists.

This is pretty much perfect imo Thup
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
28-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Perfect enough to warn him?
28-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Now that is a stupid question. Wink
28-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Yeah like Ben says depends on the squad size at the start of pre-season. Although if say, you've retained most of the squad from the previous season realistically you would be looking to fill holes with only a few trialists.
30-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Mates,probably another stupid question from me , but is the Hyundai A League realistic place to start my LLama career ?
30-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I would say no, but then I know very little about the A League. Smile
30-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I picked up Adelaide as they were with the lowest Media Prediction (11) and they were quite shite , but if the Australian League is not a realistic place to start , I will start a new career Smile
30-01-2011, 02:36 PM
What is the League Reputaion star rating of the A League at the beginning of the game?
30-01-2011, 03:00 PM
2 stars
30-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't consider that too unrealistic then especially if you are taking on the challenge of one of the lesser lights of the Division
30-01-2011, 06:36 PM
The guidelines state that it should be the lowest available league in any given country. There is some debate about the A League because of the general finances available and some of the players there are well known internationals. It's up to your own values really, after all Frank say; He who play like LlaMa know how far he can spit' Smile
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
30-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Well I won a double in my first season with Adelaide, so I guess it is quite unrealistic. Never mind . I shall begin a new Career Smile
31-01-2011, 12:07 AM
(30-01-2011, 06:47 PM)XXXX Wrote: Well I won a double in my first season with Adelaide, so I guess it is quite unrealistic. Never mind . I shall begin a new Career Smile

Frank also say "He who play like LlaMa hate win"

100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
31-01-2011, 12:22 AM
(30-01-2011, 04:58 PM)Soulfusion Wrote: I wouldn't consider that too unrealistic then especially if you are taking on the challenge of one of the lesser lights of the Division

I'd recommend the Mariners but as we've seen this season, they've moved on from that status Mrgreen
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje
31-01-2011, 12:29 AM
(31-01-2011, 12:22 AM)tomtwice Wrote:
(30-01-2011, 04:58 PM)Soulfusion Wrote: I wouldn't consider that too unrealistic then especially if you are taking on the challenge of one of the lesser lights of the Division

I'd recommend the Mariners but as we've seen this season, they've moved on from that status Mrgreen

With an alias of "Fourecks" then you should try North Queensland Fury as they are definately a LLaMa quality team that just happens to play in the A-League. Otherwise Perth Glory :donskevlarawaitinggrenadesfromSesq Mrgreen
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
31-01-2011, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2011, 01:05 AM by Ben O'Bagels.)
Judging by the number of the signings the A-League makes of players who can't get a pro contract in England I'd say every team in the league is definitely a LLaMa quality side. :p
31-01-2011, 07:17 AM
(31-01-2011, 01:04 AM)Ben OBagels Wrote: Judging by the number of the signings the A-League makes of players who can't get a pro contract in England I'd say every team in the league is definitely a LLaMa quality side. :p

Hey! Muscat could definitely be a professional hitman!
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje