Stupid Questions
31-01-2011, 10:27 AM
(31-01-2011, 07:17 AM)tomtwice Wrote:
(31-01-2011, 01:04 AM)Ben OBagels Wrote: Judging by the number of the signings the A-League makes of players who can't get a pro contract in England I'd say every team in the league is definitely a LLaMa quality side. :p

Hey! Musc&*t suspended to end of season and soon to be retired Melbourne VB Captain could definitely be a professional hitman!

Fixed for you Thup
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
20-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to be offered or apply for an international U-21 position on 09?
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
20-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I believe so but there are only certain circumstances under which you will be appointed.

Fairly sure I had the England u20 job on 08 or 09.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
20-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Cheers JP, do you know what those circumstances are?
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
20-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I was offered (and accepted) the England U21 job in my current FM10 save, not sure about 09
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

20-02-2011, 11:00 PM
(20-02-2011, 10:32 AM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: Cheers JP, do you know what those circumstances are?

Yup. Not sure whether it constitutes tipping though Hmm

"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
21-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Ok, don't think that is tipping because to an extent it is out of your control. Thanks thoguh.
23-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I have a question - it may have been covered elsewhere but probably not here ... I'm only running a small set of leagues with the rest off. I qualify for the EURO cup and get drawn to play Lazio (Italy) - obviously a league I'm not running.

Before I play them I check out how good they are in 2020-ish, and the players are OK, but they're all 'Severely lacking match fitness' since in my game they're not playing any actual fixtures.

Over the two legs they did beat us, but we actually outplayed them - possibly due to the fitness aspect.

Shouldn't their fitness be modeled as 'match fit'? Otherwise it's a bit of an unrealistic situation, isn't it?
23-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Good point. Should be brought to SI's attention imo.
24-02-2011, 12:38 AM
ok here's one...
ive just joined a uruguayan team and cannot sever ties with a feeder club. Anyone have any idea why?
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
24-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Could it be your B-team/reserve team?
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
24-02-2011, 01:13 AM
no the other team is in Brazil
24-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Could be that the link is less than a year old. You generally can't cut links if they're recent
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje
24-02-2011, 01:27 AM
ah maybe. cheers i'll wait to see
24-02-2011, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2011, 07:25 AM by aaron70.)
(23-02-2011, 06:11 PM)The Good Doctor Wrote: Shouldn't their fitness be modeled as 'match fit'? Otherwise it's a bit of an unrealistic situation, isn't it?

Yeah...I played Betis and we lost 3-2 on aggregate. Same as you, we outplayed them and had a lot of chances.. Their players weren't match fit and their morale was really low. It would not have felt right to have beaten them!
25-02-2011, 01:49 AM
(24-02-2011, 07:22 AM)aaron70 Wrote: Yeah...I played Betis and we lost 3-2 on aggregate. Same as you, we outplayed them and had a lot of chances.. Their players weren't match fit and their morale was really low. It would not have felt right to have beaten them!
I'd never noticed this before, and it's stumped me a bit. I suspect it's that in my other saves I've played the major leagues, so that even if I got through against 'minor league' opposition when I faced one of the major teams I got them at a reasonable facsimile of their best. Now I feel that this save is tarnished because whenever I play in Europe, and of course the aim is to get into the CL, those games aren't fair.
I thought about arranging a friendly with the reserves the night before a European game so the team is tired, but that's not really right either.
It seems then that if I'm playing a league that could end up in the CL that I have to play at least the top division in England, Italy, Spain, Germany. Maybe Holland, France, Russia. Ugh.
25-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Is it possible that the qualifying rounds are taking place "early" enough in the summer such that the leagues that play through the winter are in preseason? I'm just wondering if this is an issue of the game not scheduling any friendlies for clubs in non-playable leagues or something similar to that (rather than those teams being "lacking match fitness" all year).
25-02-2011, 10:43 AM
It could be an unexpected side effect of the fix they put in to avoid non league teams showing up for cup games with perfect fitness and morale all the time. I seem to recall that there used to be a fear of "gray" teams going into cup games.
Trying to figure out what the hell a West Midlands is.
25-02-2011, 11:53 AM
(25-02-2011, 06:02 AM)Scratchmonkey Wrote: Is it possible that the qualifying rounds are taking place "early" enough in the summer such that the leagues that play through the winter are in preseason? I'm just wondering if this is an issue of the game not scheduling any friendlies for clubs in non-playable leagues or something similar to that (rather than those teams being "lacking match fitness" all year).
I just checked that - the games I played Lazio were on September 14 and 28. Per ESPN this year that could be close to the start for Serie A so you may have the answer. After playing me twice and now one game in the group stage the Lazio players are 'Match fit'. This means that you could get into a group stage 'unfairly' by catching a team that's unfit as aaron and I have seen, but you'd be playing the group teams fairly.
25-02-2011, 11:55 AM
That would explain my beating a big(ish) team to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League in FM08, before being absolutely thumped in every game in the group.

Another explanation is that I'm crap at FM Mrgreen