Stupid Questions
02-04-2018, 10:43 PM
I get that all the time. Then again I do have my DoF and HoYD do loads of transfer work for me so I dunno if it's a problem.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
Tongue  04-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Hi guys, i will start playing LLM and i have 2 doubts:

1 - To what extent "human" manager mental attributes like motivating, determination, man management, adaptability affect my game? Can i do tasks like team talks, interactions, board requests at a realistic level? Will they work if i do them really well? I saw that the managers in the lowest league of the country i'm playing have an average of 7 on their attributes, but mine is 2  Mrgreen

2 - Should I start with the add key staff option ticked? I'm afraid of staff's shortage for hire and hence an unrealistic scenario.

The point is that I'm not willing to play unrealistic hard
05-05-2018, 04:12 AM
Telling you how attributes work would be tipping, which we don't do as a rule in LLM, but suffice to say you'll be able to play the game and fail or succeed in your own way without worry Mrgreen

Key staff is an interesting one - IMHO I don't think it'll make a huge difference, as you'll be starting in the lowest possible league and as such your choice is either "start with crap staff" or "hire crap staff". Personal preference there I think.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
05-05-2018, 04:37 AM
"Tip-toeing" near the line of tipping without going over the line, which version of FM are you playing?

If you are playing FM18, as a human football manager you are on the coaching roster and when you set up the coaching responsibilities in the training screen it shows that which attributes are important to which type of coaching.

Good luck and enjoy your introduction to lower league management Thup
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
05-05-2018, 05:18 AM
(05-05-2018, 04:12 AM)f1dave Wrote: Telling you how attributes work would be tipping, which we don't do as a rule in LLM, but suffice to say you'll be able to play the game and fail or succeed in your own way without worry Mrgreen

Key staff is an interesting one - IMHO I don't think it'll make a huge difference, as you'll be starting in the lowest possible league and as such your choice is either "start with crap staff" or "hire crap staff". Personal preference there I think.

Since i can "get what i deserve" I'm settled to go sunday league mediocre manager then, without filling key staff.

kin_lin

FM 2017. As for the coaching attributes, i will opt for realism. I would me more of a tactical manager IRL so i'll set it accordingly.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll read more guidelines to stay alert for "unintentional tipping" but i think i got the spirit.
05-05-2018, 05:26 AM
No problems, so at Sunday League Mediocre Manager level you are going to shite at everything or you might be just above mediocre at one type of coaching - you pick what is realistic for you.

Give yourself a fighting chance by getting yourself appointed as early in the pre-season as you can so that you have some time to recruit some staff before the season proper begins. The first season is always hard because your coaching staff and squad are still trying to get used to each other but if you can avoid relegation in that first season, it usually gets easier in season 2 and 3.

Good luck and have fun!
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
05-05-2018, 01:29 PM
I could be wrong but I think "add key staff" just stuffs lower league (i.e. clubs outside the leagues you can manage) clubs with players rather than them just having a shit ton of greys.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]