The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 461 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 1595 pluginSystem->run_hooks

Rugby The Rugby UNION Thread
26-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Deserved win for England, but that could have been a try-fest if not for so many mistakes (on both sides). France were so unlucky at times with the bounce of the ball, but England's tackling was awesome.

Poofs still on for the slam then.

Confusedigh:

26-02-2011, 08:02 PM
It's very quiet here... shhh
No longer mismanaging: Lower Maze, Northern Ireland Championship 2
26-02-2011, 08:06 PM
At least we got the Jocks at home. I.ve lost count of the Slams we should have won in the past only to fall at the final hurdle at bloody Murrayfield!
26-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah, but we get to lose the Slam in Dublin this year instead. Meh
26-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Well the Brumbies 2nd XI (also known as the Melbourne Rebels) beat the Brumbies 25-24. The Rebel's English fly-half Danny Cipriani kicked 20 points including a penalty goal with 30 sec left on the clock to snatch the win.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

27-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Tahs smash another joke of a non-Tah Aussie side. Is this finally their year?
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
01-03-2011, 03:26 AM

Well anything soccer can do, rugby can do better . . . Twitch

Our Brumbies coach has been sacked two games into new Super Rugby season, after a win and a defeat.

At least with Nucifora (previous Brumbies coach who was also ousted, now the coach of the Rebels, the team that defeated the Brumbies by a point on the weekend) they waited until the end of the season before the knives came out, I guess we will be vying with Force and Rebels for the wooden spoon this season Sad
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

01-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Well they DID lose to the Rebels...
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
12-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Come on Italy!

12-03-2011, 05:13 PM
ITALIA!! ITALIA!! ITALIA!!

Mrgreen
12-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Tight game. Could go either way. Come on Wales!

12-03-2011, 07:44 PM
\o/

:whew:

Edit: The try that technically wasn't a try... Whistle

12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Unusual to see a Rugby ref drop a proper clanger. Oh well, at least it went for side that actually tried to play rugby!

An Forza Azzuri! What a load of merd the French were!
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
13-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Well... Scotland almost made England look good today. Almost. Or vice versa, I'm not sure. The Slam is still on, but England are hardly in a different league to the rest and Ireland certainly have it in them to spoil the party. All to play for next week.

I have to say though, none of the northern hemisphere sides look capable of seriously challenging for the World Cup atm.

13-03-2011, 08:24 PM
England seem to me to have taken on that appearance of a team that knows how to win. Today was dominated by tight play and penalties. Flash back to the Autumn internationals and the Red Rose team played with the determination to show the media and players that they could score tries at the top level. Combining the 2 now we have a team that can win ugly like today, and play expansively against the best. That said, I think Semi's would be an achievement in the WC. A Slam wouldn't hurt for the build up though!
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
13-03-2011, 09:06 PM
England are at least playing the right game - keeping the ball in hand instead of kicking it away all the time - whereas Wales and Ireland are still prone to kicking it too much (lacking the confidence to play the phases?). England's error count and lack of creativity in midfield are what seems to be holding them back.

I just want Wales to play more with the ball in hand. They have the potential, but it just isn't clicking yet for some reason.

All the teams are competitive now - defences are good, set pieces are solid for the most part - they just seem lacking in the attacking skills to execute properly, consistently. Get those things right come the World Cup and who knows what might happen...

13-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Well that is 3 losses on the trot for the Brumbies. Ok they do include an absolute thumping by the Crusaders away (for the pooves - the Canterbury Crusaders are pretty much the top NZ provincial team, also the fact that one of their board members died in the Christchurch earthquake means that they will probably be unbeatable at home this season) but also includes losing to the Rebels (also known as the Brumbies 2nd team due to the number off ex-Brumbies in the team) and the first loss to the Reds at home ever.

"Bring back our Friend" and "We want our Friend back" banners were flown at the last home game against the Reds at this rate it will be a chant by the end of the month.

13-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Losing to the Crusaders, almost a given. Losing to the Reds, understandable (they are the 2nd best Aussie tema for the last 2 seasons). Losing to the Rebels? Priceless

Mrgreen
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
14-03-2011, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2011, 12:42 AM by WilliamMcBeard.)

The one place I worry for England is the centres. Jamie Roberts for both Cymru and the Lions is incredible with his lines and line breaks. For Ireand- O'Driscoll and Darcy. Pleasure and pain in perfect balance. Rougerie for France and, despite his number 8 demarcation, Parise for Italy. They all bring the major impact to the middle, with off loads and game breaks.

Tindall doesn't have it anymore for me. His pace isn't there, the physicality he brought in his younger years is missing and the nasty side of his game seems to have gone. Hape is brilliant in broken play, and his offloads befit his past. But as a centre pairing they don't inspire awe in the same way as a Roberts-O'Driscoll pairing does for the Lions. Fluety isn't quite the force he might have been. Other than that the board is pretty thin, hence their ubiquity in the England squads. Arinlie, Allan, Tait have all had their backers, but none does enough, Tait is a terrible shame. THAT

tackle will do for his future IMO. Using Banahan in the centres makes me salivate, as the outside he could be lethal. If his mentality is right then he could be a huge weapon against the centre loving S Hemisphere.

Either way, the WC should be awesome.
14-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Silver Boots \o/

I remember watching that tackle Mrgreen Picked him up like a child, almost without effort
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu