The Official  Newbie LLaMa Challenge
14-02-2011, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2011, 09:50 PM by ken66.)
Mrgreen

There is a reason actually. It seems everybody is always in Scandanavia, including me. Apart from a short time in Belarus, I haven't played any of the other selected leagues before.
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
17-02-2011, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2011, 12:24 AM by ken66.)
Here`s the 1st season of my new save after the last one deleted itself (nothing to do with meBlush)

FM 2011

Loaded
All Leagues From: Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Holland. India, South Africa & USA

I hope everyone is satisfied that I have covered all continents (except Antarctica)

Season 1: 2010/2011

Club: Blackburn Rovers (RSA)
League: South African 1st Division Coastal

Media Prediction: 7th of 8 (Finished 3rd)
Board Expectations: Avoid relegation
Transfer funds: £716
Wages: £4614

Transfers
Players In: 19 for £2.5k
Out: 0
Staff In: 3 coaches, 1 AssMan, 2 scouts
Out: 1 AssMan

National Cups:
1st Division Cup: Out in 1st round to Bay Utd (2-3)
SAFA Cup: Out in Qtr Final to Kaizer Chiefs on Pens (3-3)

Continental Cups: N/A
Intercontinental Cups: N/A

Continental Ranking: N/A

Season Summary: I had to bring in a full team as there wasn`t one when I arrived, just a load of youth players that were, simply put, crap.
Friendlies went well and then we lost our first 2 league games. After that things were ok, we were never in danger of being relegated. In fact, following an unbeaten run of 11 games (mostly wins), we were always nearer the top. We were never likely to finish in the top 2 play-off places though as Bay Utd and Thanda Royal Zulu ran away from the rest of us. We finished a very respectable 3rd a full 13 points behind 2nd place. Both Bay Utd and Thanda won their play-offs and promotion.

We had an excellent SAFA Cup run though beating Premier League opposition along the way; We were 2-0 down in the Qtr Final and finished 3-3 in the end, losing on penalties.

Highs: The final league position and the SAFA Cup run

Lows: Having to rush a squad together. Hopefully I`ll be able to improve it this season.
17-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Well done on your second first season there Ken
17-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Mrgreen
17-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Nice first season there Ken. Good luck building on it Thup
17-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah good firtst season Ken, look forward to reading more Thup

28-02-2011, 11:48 AM
After losing 2 documented saves already, I'm nervous about writing another Twitch
28-02-2011, 03:57 PM
You'll be fine, just leave the lights on :p
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
28-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Mrgreen

I was thinking of just loading Wales to see if I can increase the Welsh League Rep over time
28-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Call it 'Ken's Third Time Lucky'
03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I'll try to keep this short.
FM11 Season 2 2011/12
NK Roltek Dob 2.SNL
So after cementing a position in 2.SNL for Dob I drafted in some extra experience to try and push on. Two miscalculations, a striker I brought in and famously said 'injury problem what injury problem' in his arrival press conference duly got injured in the first friendly and was out for 4 months and a Croatian right winger who looked the biz (for this standard) had to share games with Brazilian Mouthful ST because I mistakenly thought Croatia was part of the EC (and only 1 non-EC player can be selected in the league squad). Despite this I managed to get Dob flying out of the traps and come the mid season break we were lying 5th with 21 points from 15 games and still in the Slovenian Cup.

Come the looong mid season break I first enjoyed a couple of weeks skiing coming back to work 'refreshed'. In my inbox it seemed that I had been 'noticed' in Italy as I was not only being linked to several jobs there but actually named as the front runner. I ignored the press talk and carried on the day to day activities at Dob. Next thing the Chairman decided to sell up and a transfer embargo enforced. Finally Messina of Italian Serie C2C came calling and I was offered the job, I asked to think about it for a week expecting the Dob board to want a public statement from me but nothing came. I took this as a bad sign of things to come with the new board and a week later duly accepted the position at Messina but was not due to take up the role until 1st July when my contract with Dob expired.

I did some research on Messina and discovered they had been in Serie A during the Noughties but had been broken down to Serie D due to financial 'complications' and not for the first time. They were in their 4th incarnation. Oh and they were from Sicily. Was I to sleep with the fishes with this job?

Meanwhile the season finally started up again and still no comment about my departure at the end of the season. The takeover went through and a new Chairman was happy to continue working with me and I continued to guide the club to the Semi Finals of the Slovenien Cup, going out in a two legged affair by the odd goal (4-3 agg) to Slovenian giants Maribor. I was very pleased with the £20 prize money earnt by our efforts! The league form continued to be good; Young Salty continued to bang in the goals (21 from 34 appearances and 12 assists) whilst Brazilian Mouthful bagged 14 from 21 appearances with 8 assists) and was third in the end of season 2.SNL POY awards. At one stage a push to the play off position (2nd) looked possible but our departure from the Cup marked a pointless four games. We recovered to finish 4th for the second time with 45 points, 14 points behind eventual winners Triglav.

As I waved goodbye to Dob something very odd occured in this save. I was introduced to the Press as the new Manager of Messina and three days later it appeared that SI and the LLM Gods conspired against me taking this position because by no doing of myself I mysteriously 'resigned' becoming unemployed at the outset of my third season!
03-04-2011, 01:17 PM
This could be interesting. I've seen a few people complaining of being unemployed for a long, long time in FM11, and it's got so bad that they've had to quit saves and re-start.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to you Cross Fingers
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I thought that I had read about suspicious 'resignations' in FM11 here and thought it was in Italy also.

I have though manged to find another club. Fortunately it was at the start of the season but I didn't want to take a club that had just been 'promoted' however the clubs with insecure managers did not appear to want me so by August I applied for the one remaining position available, from a 'promoted' club. With no Staff and a first team squad including several youth team players it seems that I am starting over again. It will be a challenge more soon.
03-04-2011, 02:26 PM
That happened to me were I was 'resigned' from a club. There are definitely still a couple of bugs in this game.
04-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Good reason to stick with FM10 then. Thup

Wink
05-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Lets call it a Millenium Bug.

The message received on 1 Jul 2012 was that I was due to complete my 7.63K transfer from NK Roltek Dob on Monday 1st January 1900!
23-05-2011, 10:17 AM
New manager, same old FM10 save. I had a crush on a girl called Lyn when I was 15yo ...

December 2079 - following their failure to gain promotion from the Norwegian Second Division for the 15th season in a row the FC Lyn Oslo board appoint 43yo Ivar Giaever as manager at Bislett (rented @ 10% of gate receipts) on a two year contract.

2080 - FC Lyn Oslo, Norwegian Second Division Group 1

The semi-pro club is in pretty good shape with a little money in the bank, a decent wage budget, some good backroom staff (plus a couple of carp ones) and a promising if very young squad. The board want promotion - effectively the championship as only one team goes up from the D2 groups.

I replaced the two coaches and one of the two scouts then set about strengthening the DL MC and ST positions, bringing in five free transfers before the start of season. Our second PSF saw four players injured, but this turned out to be a blessing in disguise as some youngsters got their chances far earlier than planned - an 18yo became first choice keeper and a 19yo ST earned himself a full time contract and a place in the starting eleven, as did a 20yo DL.

Started well, improved, had a dip in form when our keeper was injured, recovered and had a storming finish to be top of the table and two points clear after our last league game. Unfortunately the teams in second and third were playing each other the following day. A draw would have seen us promoted but Sandefjord won and finished a point ahead of us.

League - 2nd - P26 W17 D4 L5 F48 A15 Pts55
Cup - 2nd round - 0-2 Lillehammer (away)

23-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Unlucky on the final day disappointment.

It's not often in FM that the human manager is the one who gets screwed over!
23-05-2011, 10:56 AM
(23-05-2011, 10:37 AM)keefa Wrote: It's not often in FM that the human manager is the one who gets screwed over!

I see what you did there Wink
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje
23-05-2011, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2011, 11:13 AM by catbasket.)
Aha! Now that comment makes sense Mrgreen