The Official  Newbie LLaMa Challenge
18-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Great season!

kutgw
18-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Very well done, sounds like you made the right sort of additions, good luck staying up.
18-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Nothing to really get Angered about kutgw
27-07-2016, 09:33 AM
FM 2016

Loaded: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Sweden.

33 year old Danish/Swedish dual national starts off with no coaching badges and only ever made the Dog & Duck 2nds.  For some reason he follows Malmo but we’ll see if that makes any difference.
Paco nominated B93 in the Kanal Sport Divisionen as our first victim.

Media Prediction: There is none for some reason.  I think because the groups split later in the year.
Board Expectation:: Top Half Finish
Transfer Funds:: 0
Wages:: £1.2k per week.  Current: £1k

Transfers
Players in: 7 slouches in on amateur contracts
Players out: 6 slightly worse slouches out on the same terms
Staff In: 1 chief & 2 underling scouts
Staff Out: 2 u19 coaches as the board told us we were over staffed

Autumn Group 2015:  
Ass man told us our best player was a 32 yr old Mid.  He did look impressive.  Only downside was a 9 month injury before I arrived.  It was to become a theme.  First match (1-0 loss) saw our striker do his Achilles with a 5 month lay off, closely followed by our AML tearing his hamstring off the bone for a 3 month rest.
A slow start got worse and after a run of 8 losses in 9 games we were summoned for a pep talk with the board.  We blamed it all on injuries and they bought it. Giggle

P14 W2 D2 L10 F7 A23
Final Position: 7th out of 8

We did get one bit of positive news.  Our veteran CM became B93’s oldest goal scorer at the ripe old age of 17 years & 248 days.  Shame he couldn’t enjoy the celebratory drinks or strippers afterwards. 

So we are now on our way to the Relegation stage after a 5 month lay off.  Not quite sure how I still have a job but security is showing as stable at the moment.
31-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Third season

[Image: Untitled.png]

IF Angered - Swedish First Division North

Predicted to finish 6th

Wage Budget - £8,400 Per week
Transfer Budget - £11,000
Cup competitions - Swedish Cup
Affiliates - Utsitkens BK (Swedish first division Elite)

My third season with Angered was going to be a tough one. We were one of the worst teams in the league but I felt with the right signings I could avoid relegation.
I actually had some money to spend this season and I decided I was going to spend every penny to reinforce the squad.
A surprising number of players wanted to leave too. Both goalkeepers were unhappy and I don't know if they were scared moving up a division but they accepted contracts with teams in the league we just left. I quickly replaced them with a decent youngster from our parent club Utsitkens BK and a more experienced keeper from Slovenia who had mainly been playing in Belgium. I had a promising youngster as a third choice so I was strong in that position.
My first choice left back and right back and all three of my centre backs all wanted out so we were to have a whole new defence for the new season. Raiding our parent club again for a left back and a centre back, both 20 years old and immediately became the best players at the club. I decided to trust my scout for the other positions and when he recommended a cracking centre back called 'Brickshithouse' I offered him a contract which he accepted, he also became the new captain. I signed a couple of right backs too, both very similar players with decent attributes. So the back five were sorted but I was struggling to keep my two best midfielders. The other clubs in the division had much bigger transfer and wage budgets and when we were offered £24k and £20k I knew I couldn't keep them. Off the went to Nykopings and Frej. I knew those transfers would come back to haunt me.
In came a 28 year old attacking midfielder called 'Olsson' and a 24 year old central midfielder called 'Viktor'. Not quite as good as the players I'd sold, but still extremely good players.

'Pleasegivemeachance' wouldn't sign a new contract and eventually left on a free but we managed to keep 'Boots' even though I had to double his wages. I signed a Spanish striker called 'ThThThThTh' who had been released by GAIS in the division above on a free but he wanted silly wages. I had no choice and paid him what he wanted. With a couple of youngsters eager to prove themselves I had some backup up front.
I was ready for the new season.

Friendlies

An easy first game against Rydboholms SK where we won 5-0. two goals for 'Boots' and a hat trick for 'ThThThThTh'. Great start.
Another win, this time against Odd 2 from Norway. A brace from 'Boots' and a clean sheet.
Our third game was against our parent club Utsitkens BK, it finished 2-2 which I was happy with considering the opponent.
A few more easy games against lower league teams followed, I tried a new formation and the players reacted well to it.

Swedish first division North

Our first game was against the best team in the division, a well earned point was followed by a 2-0 win against Brage and then a 4-0 win against Forward. We were sitting to of the league after three games and playing very well.
Our next six games weren't as good, losing 3-0 three times in a row followed by a 7-0 loss to Sleipner who were 12th in the table. 
We managed to win against Dalkurd and then got a draw against Oddevold but the board had made their mind up and I was sacked.

A really enjoyable save with a team I have really grown fond of. I really believe the next manager has a great squad who with the right tactic can push up the table.
Currently unemployed

Previous teams: IF Angered United
01-08-2016, 08:43 PM
What position in the league were you when you got the boot?

Board didn't seem to have much patience when the going got a bit tough
02-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Unlucky there Sigporsson. Especially as you were enjoying it so much. Do you intend to stay in Sweden or head overseas?
03-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Seems like very much a kneejerk reaction from the board. Also welcome to the Wacokid!
07-08-2016, 11:53 AM
(01-08-2016, 08:43 PM)Soulfusion Wrote: What position in the league were you when you got the boot?

I was 6th in the league, but only 5 points off top spot so I definitely thought we still had a chance at promotion.

I had applied for a job at a Belgian third division club but my save corrupted so I  had to revert to a previous save, I still got the sack though.... I am still looking at what team to go to next. Watch this space!
Currently unemployed

Previous teams: IF Angered United
29-08-2016, 08:53 PM
I started now with my Winterthur save in the Swiss Challenge League. That's probably not the most challenging LLM ever, but I thought starting with my hometown team is a good idea to get into LLM.
If I like the LLM part still when FM 17 comes, I probably will start a real save in one of the semi-pro leagues in Europe.

I hope I can finish my first season before the University starts again mid september. Afterwards I probably will use a bit more time for a season, so I probaly wont get too many seasons in before FM 17.
31-08-2016, 11:20 PM
WacoKid- I do enjoy the confused 1st/3rd person dialect. It's so very Smeagol/Gollum. More threadses should be written in this style, yeeees.
Thup
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.