The Official  Introduction Thread (see first post for index)
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
What is Kotor? Good choice on the films btw Thup

Welcome along Thup
05-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Welcome Darko,

Like a bit of Rave myself, although it has all changed since I was a nipper

06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
(05-01-2011, 11:34 PM)keefa Wrote: What is Kotor? Good choice on the films btw Thup

Knights of the Old Realm?

Welcome Steve and Darko Thup
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

06-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh, so it's a steaming pile of shit then?
06-01-2011, 12:42 AM
I played the first one and found it highly enjoyable, if you're not a fan of Star Wars then you probably wouldn't like it
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

06-01-2011, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 12:50 AM by Fenomen.)
I normally don't play games like that but stumbled upon it after watching all Star Wars movies so i tried it and had a lot fun time playing it Smile

Thanks for the welcome guys Wink
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm not a Star wars fan, and before I get booted and banned I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed playing the Lego Star Wars games on my PS2.
06-01-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but KoTOR is a fooking quality game.

Or at least the first one is, was too tight to buy the sequel on ebay for about £15.
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Sequel = Unmitigated Shite
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I disagree. It was excellent until the last part, which was rushed to meet the publisher's inflexible release date - even though the game was clearly unfinished (there are dozens of partially complete, but never seen dialogues in the game files which hint at the end stories of the characters. Some modders have been attempting to flesh out and reintegrate them, although I haven't checked how far they got with it).

Kotor is one of the best RPGs around and the sequel coulda and shoulda been even better if it wasn't for Lucas(arts/film)'s greed.

Even if you're not a Star Wars fan I think you'd enjoy it though - it's set 4000 years or something before the events in the movies, so it's not directly related to them. I think KotOR is one of the best games like ever, so you'd be missing out if you never gave it a go, imho.

06-01-2011, 07:14 PM
(06-01-2011, 02:48 PM)Keith Wrote: I disagree. It was excellent until the last part, which was rushed to meet the publisher's inflexible release date - even though the game was clearly unfinished (there are dozens of partially complete, but never seen dialogues in the game files which hint at the end stories of the characters. Some modders have been attempting to flesh out and reintegrate them, although I haven't checked how far they got with it).

Kotor is one of the best RPGs around and the sequel coulda and shoulda been even better if it wasn't for Lucas(arts/film)'s greed.

Even if you're not a Star Wars fan I think you'd enjoy it though - it's set 4000 years or something before the events in the movies, so it's not directly related to them. I think KotOR is one of the best games like ever, so you'd be missing out if you never gave it a go, imho.

i couldn't agree more. Thup
06-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Hola everyone!!

I was once rather active in the old forums...then I had a son became slef employed and a whole host of other things!! Things have settled down a bit and I have a massive update to put in here when I get around to it! Look forward to talking with everyone again!! Here is a rundown on me again...

Nationality: American
Other Aliases: Phighting Phish

Geek Factor: CM, FM...Call of Duty...my telescope and trying to figure out this astrophotography stuff....harder than it looks!! Mrgreen
Non-geek hobbies: My photography, golf cambridge united!! bounce bounce amber army!!
Preferred Music: Literally everything...except country!!! Hate country
Three Games (not FM): Call of Duty Modern Warfare..Call of Duty Black Ops...RockBand!!
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Everything is Illuminated, Wristcutters (A Love Story), American History X

LLM?: Nearly five years now.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: HAve a 1 year old son named Van...been a self employed photographer for about 1 year now as well...that makes me a stay at home dad as well! Mrgreen
06-01-2011, 11:44 PM
George \o/

Welcome back buddy Thup
07-01-2011, 12:17 AM
(05-01-2011, 10:20 PM)Rodderas Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 10:08 PM)keefa Wrote: Al, you'd better not mean Birmingham Bat

Lol

Nah I did mean music! As you know I like all the modern stuff. Mississippi John Hurt is a particular favourite of mine Thup

I prefer the old classics myself - Bo Diddley, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters and B.B. King

Oh and welcome Steve, Darko and George - just be careful some of the paint on the walls is still wet Wink
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
07-01-2011, 12:29 AM
(06-01-2011, 09:42 PM)George Wrote: Three Games (not FM): Call of Duty Modern Warfare..Call of Duty Black Ops

Online?

Get listed in the online gaming thread and we could start an LLM clan on COD Cool
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
07-01-2011, 04:20 AM
(06-01-2011, 11:44 PM)keefa Wrote: George \o/

Welcome back buddy Thup

WHS
Waves
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu
07-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Welcome George! Good to see you back.
07-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the new forum George. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your previous exploits in FM. I look forward to reading your new update soon.
07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Al I don't have a lot of Country Blues beyond the usual suspects, like Kin I prefer the old Chess/Checker stuff once the blues 'pluggged in'.

However I can recommend the retrospective 'Last Sessions' by Leadbelly on Smithsonian Folkways. Alternatively there is a 4 CD box set 'The Definitive Leadbelly' which can be secured for about a tenner on Amazon I think.