The Official  Introduction Thread (see first post for index)
18-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Nationality: British
Other Aliases:none

Geek Factor: Playing football management games since Kenny Dalgleish and Tracksuit Manager on Spectrum back in 1849 ish
Non-geek hobbies: Play guitar/sing, working, reading, travelling...
Preferred Music: anything. Exception: Bling (look at all my big cars and naked girls and gold and bla bla bla!) music... none of it can buy you a brain!!!! sorry about that but better out than in Banghead Was the singer in an Irish band for a while...It was hard to believe people would pay us when we were having so much fun Celebrate

Three Games (not FM): Civ, Gran Turismo, Professor Layton
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Anything by Shane Meadows, LOTR trilogy, Shawshank Redemption (oh and recently:Taken)

LLM?: virtually always I think

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I have a son aged 23, a girl aged 21 in Manchester and the latest addition Lily aged 17 months in Paris
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
18-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the site Ken. And oldest here not quite Mrgreen
18-01-2011, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2011, 02:55 PM by ken66.)
Thanks
Who's older?
18-01-2011, 03:06 PM
The man you're replying to Mrgreen
18-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Sorry Pops...I won't mention it again Wink
18-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Having started gaming in 1849ish, are you sure you're older than Keith?
18-01-2011, 04:22 PM
in 1849 you had to wait 3 years for the tape to load on a spectrum Wink
18-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Roughly the same speed as running more than league on my old laptop then!

Welcome to the fold Brit abroad.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
18-01-2011, 10:12 PM
(18-01-2011, 02:09 PM)ken66 Wrote: a girl aged 21 in Manchester

Picture/Phone number? Mrgreen

Welcome!
18-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome Ken, from another FNG-

Glad to see I am not among the eldest Mrgreen
18-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh, I should do one of these for this board, hey?

Nationality: American
Other Aliases: Vehicular Manslaughter

Geek Factor: CM/FM since 2003, computer games, console games, board games, role playing games, making games...I sense a trend.
Non-geek hobbies: Backpacking, photography, actually playing soccer football (local indoor rec league), reading.
Preferred Music: Most anything, recently I've been getting back into opera, heavy metal and Wu-Tang spin-off albums, favorite band is Jesus and Mary Chain.

Three Games (not FM): Blood Bowl, Europa Universalis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Touch of Evil, John Carpenter's The Thing, Hot Fuzz

LLM?: Canonically, for about five months or so. Casually, since FM05.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: married, 1-year old son and two cats who while they are not good cats; are excellent examples of cats.
18-01-2011, 11:23 PM
(18-01-2011, 10:12 PM)Mr603 Wrote:
(18-01-2011, 02:09 PM)ken66 Wrote: a girl aged 21 in Manchester

Picture/Phone number? Mrgreen

Welcome!

There's only one way to settle this...FIGHT!!! Wink
19-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Thats quite an eclectic taste in music you have there Scratch: Opera to Wu Tang! I have several of the early Wu Tang spin offs and got 'in' to RZA's production style a while back. Enjoyed the initial Method Man album and Iron Man by Ghost.
19-01-2011, 07:23 PM
(18-01-2011, 11:01 PM)Scratchmonkey Wrote: two cats who while they are not good cats; are excellent examples of cats.

Love this quote- have four, not good, in fact very bad, but as you say, excellent examples of cats Smile

And yeh, STALKER is great- haven't played 2, heard it was something of a let down, but the first one, loved it!

EU too, but never could get into EUIII for some reason- Vicky is my Paradox fave, haven't played Vicky 2, have you?
20-01-2011, 05:02 AM
(19-01-2011, 07:55 AM)Soulfusion Wrote: Thats quite an eclectic taste in music you have there Scratch: Opera to Wu Tang! I have several of the early Wu Tang spin offs and got 'in' to RZA's production style a while back. Enjoyed the initial Method Man album and Iron Man by Ghost.

I've also been getting into 70s Afrobeat and Psychedelia from West Africa as well. Some great stuff from Benin. RZA is definitely the producer of that area for me, Ironman is probably my favorite Wu Tang-related album along with Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords.

(19-01-2011, 07:23 PM)Dr. Hook Wrote: And yeh, STALKER is great- haven't played 2, heard it was something of a let down, but the first one, loved it!

Yeah, I haven't played either of the sequels (although I have them on Steam), a good friend whose taste I trust in the matter says that the second one isn't that good and the third one is pretty good; neither of them live up to the intense atmosphere and feel of the first though.

Quote:EU too, but never could get into EUIII for some reason- Vicky is my Paradox fave, haven't played Vicky 2, have you?

Only a tiny bit, I've just started a game as Mexico where I'm trying to deal with Texas and the U.S., I couldn't resist waiting for the year-later major modification that most people seem to feel is necessary with most Paradox titles.
20-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Nationality: English
Other Aliases:.......oi you seems to be pretty popular

Geek Factor: Rollercoasters. CM2 and currently have all since then downloaded and playable on my desktop (CM2 is still my favourite suprisingly), The place I live, Books, Marvel comics, X-Files, Lost, Marine Mammals, Movies, I could go on....
Non Geek factor: Football, Southampton FC, I volunteer at a shelter for animals. Hmm guess I'm more of a geek then I think
Music: The Killers, Feeder and Foo Fighters to name a few.

Three games (not fm): Marvel Vs Capcom, Final Fantasy 7, FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup. (Loved winning that with the maldives Giggle)
Three Films : The Green Mile, Gangs Of New York and Forrest Gump.

LLM?: Ive been, what I consider anyway, Full time LLM for nearly a year I think. Love IT!

Personal Stuff: I used to play cricket and was smacked in face with a shoe during a match once. Not sure how it hit me but it left a permanent mark where the stud went in....(does that count?) Hmm

P.S. Great to see a decent looking site dedicated to LLM, hope It will take off and gets the credit it deserves.
"Being a manager is easy...all you have to do is win every game"

20-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Welcome aboard Todd. We could do with an animal trainer around these parts when some of the natives become restless! Not sure how you get smacked in the face with a shoe in cricket, a ball perhaps but not a shoe.
20-01-2011, 08:12 AM
(20-01-2011, 07:56 AM)Soulfusion Wrote: We could do with an animal trainer around these parts when some of the natives become restless!

Lol

Welcome Ken (another guitar player Thup ), Thomas & Todd

20-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Nationality: Bulgarian

Geek Factor: Only FM since 2008
Non-geek hobbies: Fitness,swimming and running.
Three Games (not FM): Call of duty, Unreal Tournament, Diablo.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Revolver, Star Wars , The Pursuit of Happyness
LLM?: Found about this site a long time ago and followed most of the LLM careers, but I wasn't a Llama my self, so I decided not to register.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Don't really know what to say, as I'm still very young. I don't have no kids, at least I'm not aware of any. Well maybe the greatest love my life so far is with Manchester United ( not because of the Bulgarian , so called "forward" out there, he is a lazy chimp , but yet again he doesn't get the idea of being a player at Man United).
20-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome aboard Ilian, it will make a nice change having a ManUre fan around here that comes from Manchester... oh hold that thought you're from Sofia. Ah well never mind, it would still be nice to have a ManUre fan from Manchester!