The Official  Introduction Thread (see first post for index)
01-12-2011, 10:00 AM
(01-12-2011, 09:29 AM)JP Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 07:54 AM)Soulfusion Wrote: Welcome aboard Sparky (another ManUre fan for sure Sad )

Don't talk wet, he's from Cheshire not Essex :p

Oi! Less of that Mr P! Mrgreen

Welcome aboard Mark. Thup
01-12-2011, 10:07 AM
(01-12-2011, 06:39 AM)f1dave Wrote: I never watched #3 after #2 came out and bored a hole in my skull... Mrgreen

You didn't miss anything.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi all, thanks for the welcome! I'm a Man City fan actually and have been since I was 15. Thanks Soulfusion I have heard of him but not listened to his music but will def check him out
Managing Mediocrity Since CM 97-98!
Currently Unemployed
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I like the way a Man City fan now needs to clarify the length of their fandom in order to fend off the glory supporter tag.

How things change. Mrgreen
01-12-2011, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 10:33 AM by sparkyuk71.)
indeed! its great to be in this position but i remember when city all most became a LLM team! I'm from Crewe where dean ashton's foot played many a great game! lol
Oh by the way is there a facebook page for this site?
Currently Unemployed
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I was going to take a jab at how someone can support shit for that long, but then remembered how long I've supported Woking, so can't really make a comment Sad
01-12-2011, 10:38 AM
(01-12-2011, 10:37 AM)fidsy Wrote: I was going to take a jab at how someone can support shit for that long, but then remembered how long I've supported Woking, so can't really make a comment Sad

lol we all have our crosses to bear!

Currently Unemployed
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM by deanashtonsfoot.)
Mrgreen

Yes, one of my best mates is a City fan and until recently we'd had fairly similar experiences during our football supporting liftime (I support West Ham). He was my footballing comrade, as of the rest of my mates, far far too many of them support Man Utd and Arsenal and view football is a totally different way.

We're both 33 and both been fans since the mid-80s and until recently had both seen the ups and downs and generally won dick all, so although a part of me is a tad jealous, I'm pleased for him that City are now seeing some success, no matter how they've achieved it. It genuinely means something to him - he's been waiting for it for the best part of 25 years. Thup
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
(01-12-2011, 10:39 AM)deanashtonsfoot Wrote: Mrgreen

Yes, one of my best mates is a City fan and until recently we'd had fairly similar experiences during our football supporting liftime (I support West Ham). He was my footballing comrade, as of the rest of my mates, far far too many of them support Man Utd and Arsenal and view football is a totally different way.

We're both 33 and both been fans since the mid-80s and until recently had both seen the ups and downs and generally won dick all, so although a part of me is a tad jealous, I'm pleased for him that City are now seeing some success, no matter how they've achieved it. It genuinely means something to him - he's been waiting for it for the best part of 25 years. Thup

I keep thinking though that they will blow it any time soon, we not used to be top but having said that I'm pleased with the way City have responded in potentially difficult games i.e newcastle and liverpool. It's still early days and I'm not one to say its in the bag we just ahead at the moment I'll be content with that! West Ham are on the way back m8!

Currently Unemployed
01-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I remember watching that play-off final against Gillingham with him. That was such a brilliant match - and watching with a City fan, seeing the range of emotions he went through during the game, made it even better. That's still one of my favourite matches ever. Thup

The way their striker applauded the crowd as he went off, thinking they'd won the match as they were 2-0 up.....my mate nearly threw his pint at the TV screen when he did that, but now it's his favourite bit. Mrgreen
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 11:27 AM by juvehero.)
(01-12-2011, 07:54 AM)Soulfusion Wrote: If you're into bass guitar try you need to learn about James Jamerson, the legendary bass player from Motown's Hitsville studio and original Funk Brother.

Also Bootsy Collins and the Parliament / Funkadelic stuff is a goldmine for any bass player.
"You've got a lot of talent but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
01-12-2011, 11:57 AM
(01-12-2011, 10:54 AM)deanashtonsfoot Wrote: I remember watching that play-off final against Gillingham with him. That was such a brilliant match - and watching with a City fan, seeing the range of emotions he went through during the game, made it even better. That's still one of my favourite matches ever. Thup

The way their striker applauded the crowd as he went off, thinking they'd won the match as they were 2-0 up.....my mate nearly threw his pint at the TV screen when he did that, but now it's his favourite bit. Mrgreen

That's the game I'll always remember Nicky Weaver for in the penalty shootout, fantastic reaction from him Mrgreen
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

01-12-2011, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 01:51 PM by dblooder.)
Welcome to the Forums Mark.
Diablo II Thup
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah welcome Mark. Tracksuit Manager \o/ I downloaded that last year with an emulator and I was bored stupid after 15 mins. How the hell I spent days on it before I'll never know Mrgreen
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome aboard Mark. I'm am a Man City supporter too. Picked them about ten years ago when I first really could pay attention to EPL.
01-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Welcome aboard Mark.Thup
02-12-2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks again guys much appreciated!
Currently Unemployed
02-12-2011, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM by Sesquipedalianist.)
(01-12-2011, 06:39 AM)f1dave Wrote: I never watched #3 after #2 came out and bored a hole in my skull... Mrgreen

Didn't get past the first one.

Welcome Mark

(01-12-2011, 10:27 AM)deanashtonsfoot Wrote: I like the way a Man City fan now needs to clarify the length of their fandom in order to fend off the glory supporter tag.

How things change. Mrgreen

There's way too many people saying their Man City fans now, even over here. All of them can have "supported them before they were brought" like they all insist. (generalised statement)
17-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Nationality: English
Other Aliases: None on FM related-sites, plenty of others. Not telling you them. Do not want history of trolling to precede me. Smug
Geek Factor: I have a first class undergrad degree and an MA. Been playing since CM3. I also like the Hearts of Iron series and translated games with dubious content originating from Japan.
Non-geek hobbies: I like anime. Is that non-geek? Probably not. Sigh.
Preferred Music: Death Metal, Black Metal, Progressive Metal, Grindcore, Post-Hardcore (not emo), vocaloid.
Three Games (not FM): Hearts of Iron series, Pokemon, Goldeneye.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Being John Malkovich, Inception, Mr & Mrs Smith.
17-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Welcome aboard Jess,

Being John Malkovich Thup