Update for FM'11 Rodderas and his FM11 Rambles
26-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Jeez - Swansea's defence must have been magnificent!
Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division II
24-08-2012, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2012, 01:27 AM by Rodderas.)
Sheffield Wednesday - English Championship

** 22/05/2028 - 21/05/2029 **

Board Expectations: Top half finish
Media Prediction: 8th
Wage Budget: £240k
Transfer Budget: £1.m
Pre-Season Ramble:

I wasn't sure what to expect this year. The team needed some restructuring to progress and in previous years it has been difficult to find the right players.

Transfers:

The usual dead wood left, I managed to make £300k on my first choice GK who needed replacing.

I brought in a promising looking young DC (£850k), another promising young DL (Free), an ageing DR for cover (Free), A new GK (Free) who looks twice as good as his predecessor and finally a young MC (£275k)

Pre-Season Friendlies:

A fairly unspectacular pre-season in general, the only highlight being a 2 - 1 home victory against Rangers.

League Cup:

A first round away defeat to Accrington 1 - 0. We never looked like much of a team at all.

FA Cup:

We made it through to the 4th round this year where we were drawn at home to Arsenal. They were, at the time sitting on the top of the Premier league so I had very little hope. We gave them a good battle and suffered only a 1 - 0 defeat.

League:

Yet again another poor start to the season. The team didn't seem to gel well at all, which seemed surprising, apart from the GK the first team remained unchanged really. As usual things started to pick up al little as the season progressed. It appeared that we had become a much better defensive unit, mainly down to the new GK who kept a surprising number of clean sheets. We went on some great unbeaten runs, although there were far too many draws. With 6 games to go we were looking like we might actually catch second place and secure automatic promotion, but alas the players bottled it and lost some games I would have put money on them winning. I was happy to make the play-offs though.

The first semi-final against Bolton was at home and we had a convincing 2 - 0 victory, I was a little shocked when we also won the away leg, albeit only 3 - 2. On to Wembley and the final against my old club QPR. We hammered them 3 - 0 in the first half and they never looked like turning it around in the second, a rather comfortable win

SHeffield Wednesday in the premier league.

[Image: 7847703668_5d8ee2f9d1.jpg]

Percentage Won 46% Drawn 37% Lost 17%

Post Season Ramble:

Although I had hoped to reach the play-offs this season, I really didn't expect to gain promotion. It's good but I think next year could be really tough.

24-08-2012, 04:03 AM
There will be at least one forumite happy with this save Smile
Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division II
24-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Hey, hey Rodders is back!

Congrats on the promotion to the EPL and KUTGSnatchingPromotionFrom6thPosition! Thup
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
24-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Al. \o/

Good work getting Wednesday into the PL That's a tough ask for anyone. Thup Wink
24-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Nice work Al, now you just need to keep them there Smile
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

24-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Wts, well done Al, now you just need to take them on to the title, and of course, European glory Wink
24-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice to read/see you Al. Congrats on promotion. Thup
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

24-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Congrats on promotion Al.Thup Now all you need is to fight for the title or Lee will test warn button function on you. Mrgreen
24-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks all,

Trouble is, after I next pushed continue I was offered the Deportivo job which is really tempting. They were predicted and finished 12th last year. It's a dilemma, in reality if this happened to me in real life I'd take the job. I've never managed in Spain (one of the reasons I loaded the league) and I would like to. However I'm not sure Deportivo would realistically offer the job to someone who had just been promoted to the Premier league.

31-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Sheffield Wednesday - English Premier League

** 22/05/2029 - 26/12/2029 **

Board Expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation
Media Prediction: 20th
Wage Budget: £400k
Transfer Budget: £7m

Pre-Season Ramble:

Well, I was approached by Deportivo as soon as the last season ended. With a transfer budget of £9m and a wage budget of £600k I was sorely tempted. However I wanted to know if I could keep Wednesday in the premier league. I decided to stay with Wednesday for at least the first half of the season (19 games) if things were not working out, I'd hand in my notice, let someone else have a go a see where the wind took me.

Transfers:

As usual, a fair amount of dead wood left the club, along with the players that I felt would just not cut it in a higher division.

I needed a lot of replacements if we were to have any chance of survival. With that in mind I signed two solid looking MC (£1m & £1.3m). A fairly old DR (Free) mainly for backup, this position was a real problem for me. I couldn't find anyone who seemed to fit the bill. A DL (£1.6m) who turned out to be a poor bit of business as he wasn't much cop. A new ST (£1.8m) and finally a young DC who should be good in time (£1.1m)

Pre-Season Friendlies:

The friendlies went well this year, with only one loss to Lokomotiv Moscow and a surprising 3 - 0 victory over Ajax. Which was nice.

League Cup:

I pretty much played the reserve team in the league cup this year. I wasn't too surprised or disappointed to get knocked out in the 3rd round Away to Chelsea 1 - 3

League:

I really don't know what to say about the league campaign, we really were awful. It took until the 15th game to record a victory and there were only two draws before that. I was really disappointed but we just couldn't compete. We were kicked all over the place, with some really embarrassing score lines against the bigger clubs. We couldn't even win the games we might have had a chance in because morale was so poor.

When I approached the 17th game of the season I knew I had to either pick up some points in the next couple of games or I had to walk. A 0 - 4 loss to Tottenham followed. but the next two games were crucial both against relegation rivals. Game 18, Newcastle at home and a 1 - 2 loss. That was it really. After the game I was linked with the Villa job I declared an interest and the fans wanted my head.

So I resigned.

P18 W1 D2 L15 F14 A48 20th

Ouch

Post Wednesday Ramble:

I'm a little sad to part ways with Wednesday as I feel I had a fairly successful few seasons with them, the highlight obviously being last years promotion. I'm pleased with what I've done with the club in general, when I started they were in a poor financial state. Over £8m in the red when I left they were £12m in the black. I'd like to think they'll bounce back up in to the premier league again.

Aston Villa - English Premier League

** 27/12/2029 - 30/05/2030 **

Board Expectations: Respectable league position
Media Prediction: 7th
Wage Budget: £900k
Transfer Budget: £2.5m

First Villa Ramble:

The club were sitting in 16th position and looking dangerously close to being drawn it to the relegation battle. I figured I'd give it a go, if we were relegated I'd probably be sacked anyway.

On first inspection the team were, well, shit. It was not at all surprising they were performing badly. A load of over paid, moaning gits. The clubs finances are shocking! £10m in the red with a loan debt of £80m. I was soon regretting accepting the role.

Transfers:

None in or out.

FA Cup:

We made it through to the 6th round but the draw was rather kind to us, we had much weaker opposition up until we met Arsenal at home. We went 2 - 0 in the first half but managed to concede 4 in the second. Oh well.

League:

I swear the Wednesday team I had were better than this lot. Quite how they had managed to build up enough point to be in 16th I have no idea. I was pulling my hair out for the first 10 games of my reign as we got pummelled by all comers. Fitness was shocking, morale was worse and I've never seen so many penalties given away.

I feel we were totally fortunate in that the last few games a few injured players returned and we played some teams in a worse position than us (Wednesday for example).

The league table flatters us.....

[Image: 7900373516_77704dc46a.jpg]

Post Season Ramble:

Some serious work needs to be done here. My assMan has just retired and he was the only member of staff who looked any good. The out going wage bill needs to drastically reduced and some decent player brought in as well. If this is not done soon I see me getting the sack early next season.

31-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Hopefully Lee won't mind what you did with Wednesday, otherwise it's Bat

Good luck with Villa, I think you'll need it. On my save they've been terrible and become a yo-yo club between the Championship and Premier League these days.
31-08-2012, 05:18 PM
As long as you do to villa what you done to Wednesday i might not need the Bat
WAWAW

31-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Judging by the year and the table you have the least borked save. Thup

(31-08-2012, 04:49 PM)keefa Wrote: Hopefully Lee won't mind what you did with Wednesday, otherwise it's Bat

(31-08-2012, 05:18 PM)Walks Wrote: As long as you do to villa what you done to Wednesday i might not need the Bat

Really wonder how will you deal with this one? Mrgreen
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

31-08-2012, 10:35 PM
(31-08-2012, 07:40 PM)dblooder Wrote: Judging by the year and the table you have the least borked save. Thup

(31-08-2012, 04:49 PM)keefa Wrote: Hopefully Lee won't mind what you did with Wednesday, otherwise it's Bat

(31-08-2012, 05:18 PM)Walks Wrote: As long as you do to villa what you done to Wednesday i might not need the Bat

Really wonder how will you deal with this one? Mrgreen

Tough dilemma. Mrgreen Mind you only Lee can ban you accidentally. Mrgreen
01-09-2012, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 12:07 AM by keefa.)
Yeah, I need my ban button back Cry

Although I'm sure it wont come to that, will it, Al? WILL IT AL? Eh
01-09-2012, 12:47 AM
(01-09-2012, 12:06 AM)keefa Wrote: Yeah, I need my ban button back Cry

Although I'm sure it wont come to that, will it, Al? WILL IT AL? Eh

If Al has any sense it won't keefa Mrgreen
WAWAW

01-09-2012, 01:17 AM
I believe I'm pretty much stuffed whatever I do here Mrgreen I feel I have already achieved what both of you could only hope for in real life. Lee, I got Wednesday in the Premier league and Keefa, I avoided relegation. What more do you want?

Outtahere

02-09-2012, 08:37 AM
How to make friends and all that Al!!!

Looks like you've got the classic Villa skwaad on FM. KUTGGrovelling
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
03-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Ouch Villa...... Bad memory's there for me, hoping you can do better then I did. Its kinda annoying that villa never seem to push on in any of the FM saves i've seen considering their history and potential growth for success. Here's hoping you can change that Thup
"Being a manager is easy...all you have to do is win every game"