Motorsports The Eventual Moto GP Thread
06-12-2011, 12:06 AM
So Pirro's now stepped up to MotoGP on a Gresini CRT bike. Does that mean Gresini will run 3 bikes next year or is Aoyama getting cut? I can't find any mention
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
30-04-2012, 02:31 AM
2nd race of the season last night. Stoner wins \o/

I have to say, the racing in Moto2 and Moto3 is far more exciting than the top category the last few years. In the GP, the only excitement is seeing Spies getting overtaken by people on worse bikes and watching Rossi struggle to tame the wild Ducati Beast.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
30-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Have to agree Tom, the top classification is so dull - I gave up on it beginning of last season. Moto 2 , 3 & WSB seems to be where the action is.
"You've got a lot of talent, but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
06-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Just watched the MotoGP (Stoner \o/ ) and yet again the Moto2 beforehand were far more exciting, including Espargaro leaving a nice big tyre mark on Marquez's leg and then pushing the bike too far and almost binning it in the last lap when he and Marquez were having a phenomenal battle for the win.

Moto3s up soon
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
18-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Stoner's annouced he'll retire at the end of the season Eek

Such a shame to see him go, he's easily the best rider in the field at the moment. Also a pity that he had to deal with a shithouse Ducati for 3 years. Had it been up to par with the Hondas and Yamahas he may well have added another title or two.

Still, going out as a possible 3-time World Champion isn't too bad. And it leaves room for Marquez to step up after he wins the Moto2 title this year.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
18-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Just out of interest, why are the motorcyclists so much more tied to constructor? Is that just the way of it in Moto GP? I heard a brief bit of sports news about De Rossi (I think) who couldn't ride the current bike he was on, despite being the greatest ever rider?
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
18-05-2012, 12:48 AM
The problem with the Ducati is that it delivers its power too fast, and that tends to make the bike unstable and hard to control. Rossi seems to be struggling to adapt his style which has been honed at Honda and Yamaha (who deliver more balanced bikes).
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
30-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Quality Moto3 race at Assen. Vinales wins it in the last corner and a photo finish for 2nd to 4th
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
30-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Damn I forgot the Dutch do things on the Saturday. Must search out a rerun.
30-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Moto 2 and GP not as interesting, but some good decisive moves for the wins in both
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
02-07-2012, 08:26 PM

Probably one of the best races I've ever seen. Unbelievable racing. Complete madness.
03-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Did you watch last round's Moto3? 9 bikes fighting for the top 3 spots
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
03-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah, you're pretty much guaranteed great racing with the Moto3 guys - makes the MotoGP look very dull by comparison (which it is tbh)
09-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Stoner stacks it on the last corner, letting Lorenzo off with his no score in the previous race. He didn't need to push it either, could have just taken the points on offer.
07-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Phew, what an opening race of the season!

Yamaha with a 1-2 thanks to a perfect ride from Lorenzo and some great racing from Valentino Rossi to pip the very quick rookie Marquez. Pedrosa finished 4th and Briton Cal Crutchlow 5th.

Marquez is going to win world titles at some stage, no doubt!
28-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Cal's made it onto pole \o/
14-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Marquez looking unstoppable so far this season. Absolutely dominant at the latest GP
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
14-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Did you see Lorenzo's false start? Giggle
14-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I liked his attitude of "eeh, fuck it, ride fast so the drive through doesn't hurt too much"
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu