The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 461 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 1595 pluginSystem->run_hooks

Football Euro 2012 Qualifiers Thread
13-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Englan, best team inna wordl, innit
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
13-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, it was a great, if slightly undeserved win....but I hope the media don't get carried away with this.

If Bolton beat Man Utd, it's a good win but it doesn't mean they're a better team. It just happens sometimes.
13-11-2011, 05:58 PM

We can wear our rose coloured spectacles as often as we like but it was only a friendly. In a game that matters I doubt whether Xavi, Iniesta etc are likely to be substituted. It was a little bit like an Arsenal match in that Spain dominated possession but couldn't score and are outdone by a poorly defended set piece except the media and commentators are quick to dismiss Arsenal's defensive frailties not the opposing teams abilty to hang in and hope for a goal from a set piece!
13-11-2011, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2011, 07:00 PM by ken66.)
My comments to you before were just banter btw.

You knew it was 'only a friendly' before you said we would be hammered. I haven't got rose coloured glasses, it's just that I said that some of the other players may step up to try to claim a place. there were some good signs on occasion from some of the players on show. I thought Parker Parker was outstanding. Attacking wise there is a lot to do but I thought defensively, they were resolute. I think the figures mentioned were that Spain had over 21 shots and England had 3, although both sides had 2 on target, so in essence, England were no worse attacking that Spain. However Spain were worse than England at defending.

Friendly or no, Spain came to put on a show and win and that didn't happen. i say well done England. Maybe this is a sign that some of the old wood needs to cast aside and it's time to build a new team for the future...a competitive team full of players that are willing to fight to put on the England shirt, that we can all get behind and encourage, instead of our usual attempts to look for the frailties.

For what it's worth that's my opinion Wink
No longer mismanaging: Lower Maze, Northern Ireland Championship 2
17-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Ticketless Irish fan tells how he blagged his way onto Estonia's bench
Published 11:03 17/11/11 By Rory Tevlin

An ingenious Irish supporter has told how he blagged his way into the crucial play-off win against Estonia without a ticket - and ended up sitting next to their manager on the bench!

Conor Cunningham from Cork managed to get into Tallin's A Le Coq Arena for the away leg after he put on an Estonian tracksuit and passed through security.

The bold-as-brass fan ended up sitting in the home team’s dugout and was the envy of his mates after he was spotted by TV cameras.

Conor even got out on to the pitch with the Irish players to celebrate after the stunning 4-0 victory.

He said: “It was brilliant, could not have asked for a better game. There was about 3,500 fans over there.

“We took a bit of a crazy route, there was myself and 10 other lads.

“We went from London to Stockholm to Riga to Tallinn. It took 24 hours at least, it was worth it. They were looking for crazy prices and as it was getting closer to the game we were getting anxious about missing it.

“We said we would chance our arm, we tried the media entrance.

“I just spotted an open door and I thought I will stick my head through there but it was just a closed-in room but I found an Estonian tracksuit and I just threw it on.

“I was seen on RTE footage during the game.

“I threw the bag of balls over my shoulder and just went for it.

“I didn’t know what to do, to be honest, so I thought I’d better go into the Estonian dug-out. No one said anything to me and then I realised I was sitting beside their manager (Tarmo Ruutli).

"It was about 10 or 15 minutes into the match when a UEFA official got suspicious of me. He came over and, after talking to me, told me I had to move.

“Even after the match I just strolled out on to the pitch.”

Conor was not able to get to Dublin for the return leg but the superfan has vowed to do his best to get over to Poland and the Ukraine for the finals.

Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
17-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Brilliant! Mrgreen Applaud
No longer mismanaging: Lower Maze, Northern Ireland Championship 2
17-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Great story Thup