The Official  Kits Request Thread
21-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Absolutely no idea whatsoever!!! That might well be a question for those that lurk in that place.....
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
21-05-2011, 11:39 AM
(21-05-2011, 10:53 AM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: Cheers Kin. You guys keep requestin', I'll keep a'makin' Thup

Al: For the third kit:

1. Copy and paste the Stalybridge_2 bit after the '
2. Replace the 'Stalybridge_2' to 'Stalybridge_3'. Where it says Filename, insert the filename of your 3rd kit.
3. Then change the 'away' bit to 'third'.
4. Save the file.

The attatchment is an example xml code for a team with 3 kits.

Yep that's what my XML code looks like... But I have no 3rd kit

21-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Ah, some research seems to show you need an entirely different sort of kit. Sort of 'exploded' jigsaw style with front / back / socks / shorts all on the one sheet. Never mind Smile
Currently managing: Newcastle United, EPL
21-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I have the template for that dave, if you want it. I have no idea what to do with it, and I don't use the 3D view anyway.
(21-05-2011, 11:39 AM)Rodderas Wrote: Yep that's what my XML code looks like... But I have no 3rd kit

Hmmm... strange. You might well need a proper 'techy' for this as I've run out of the limited number of things I can think of!

100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
21-05-2011, 11:53 AM
It looks like it should work and I have other teams on the same xml file that have third kits that work... but not Staly.

21-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Have you done all the re-load skin cache etc. perhaps turn FM off and back on again!
21-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah tried all that. Rebooted my computer and everything!

21-05-2011, 12:17 PM
PHP Code:
<record from="millwall_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/686/kits/home/2010"/>
<
record from="southampton_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/713/kits/home/2010"/> 
What version are you using Al?

Can you have a go at popping these in, apparently the year missing on the end was an issue on '10.
21-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm on FM11

I have just found a similar bit code and instructions on the SI forum Puke having a little muck about just now.

21-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Please excuse the double post

I'm still totally stumped with this.

In order to try out the /date fix I downloaded some England kits. You need to add the date to config file in order to override the default kits and the date needs to be changed each season.

I got this to work. Apparently this is some kind of database issue.

However I have tried multiple dates for the StalyVEGAS third kit and it has not resolved my issue. My guess it that there is no third kit within the game database so you can't add one. However I could be wrong

21-05-2011, 01:22 PM
It shouldn't matter. Try replacing the kit of say Liverpool with the Vegas one, see if it is physically possible with this actual kit. Are you a member at the hut?
21-05-2011, 01:51 PM
The kit works on other teams that already have a third kit.

21-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Well well well. That is something I've neve come across. Not sure how you would alter that other than with the xml doc. Sorry Al.
21-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I think it'll probably be that StalyVEGAS (I presume) don't actually have a third kit set in the game. I'd think the only way to add one would be in the editor and that'd only work for a new save.
21-05-2011, 06:41 PM
(21-05-2011, 05:19 PM)Ben OBagels Wrote: I think it'll probably be that StalyVEGAS (I presume) don't actually have a third kit set in the game. I'd think the only way to add one would be in the editor and that'd only work for a new save.

I think you are probably right BoB and I'll be honest I don't know how/what/where the editor is anyway! I'll just have to rotate the yellow/orange kits Kev has made so that his time was not wasted.

21-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Or you could always become good at the game and actually reach a team with a 3rd kit Wink Mrgreen
21-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Like Hampton and Richmond? Or the mighty Kettering Town? And then there's that sleeping giant Eastleigh Wink
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu
21-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Exactly.......... no, wait...... Twunt Mrgreen
23-05-2011, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2011, 12:40 AM by dblooder.)
First of all a huuuuuuuuge thank you Kevin for sharing the templates.
Cheers mate I am having the time of my life, always wanted to design the kits and now I can finally do.

Second, if you and the guys think I'm any good I will be more than happy to jump in and help out.

Here is my cherry popping by making this Reutlingen home shirt.

[Image: reutlingenhome01.jpg]

EDIT:
Away shirt

[Image: reutlingenaway01.jpg]
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

23-05-2011, 02:15 AM
They look pretty sharp Thup

Still waiting on my 2 gold star shirt... Tongue
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu