Football FIFA World Cup
07-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Make your fudging mind up...

Quote:Fifa president Sepp Blatter has given the strongest indication yet that the 2022 Qatar World Cup will be held in the summer, not the winter.

Blatter previously stated he expected the finals to be staged in January because of the country's climate.

The tournament traditionally takes place in June and July but temperatures in Qatar in those months can top 40C.

Blatter told the BBC: "I think for the time being the matter is on ice. Everything is settled for summer."

[url=http://psntl.com/user/view/jptykes][/url]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
07-02-2011, 04:02 PM

I think Blatter is mixing his metaphors; certainly no ice to be expected in Qatar.
07-02-2011, 08:19 PM

I think Blatter is mixing his metaphors; certainly no ice to be expected in Qatar.
[/quote]

Except in your virgin cuba libre Wink
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Surely you mean diet virgin Cuba libre
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
08-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Well spotted, but I prefer my virgin cuba libre without the possibly carcenogenic sugar substitutes and lots of ice when sitting in the demountable, air-conditioned stadium watching the WC Finals match Smile
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

20-02-2011, 10:13 AM
just caught a Sly Sports program about the '06 World Cup. Totally forgot that The Monk chipped his penalty in the final. A real legend with a wonderful story. Shame his sister was a ...... :p
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
11-05-2011, 04:46 AM

Should not surprise anyone but I am beginning to feel that Australia should ask for a refund for the AU$40M we spent on our bid (that is alot of balls, goal nets and corner flags for junior soccer clubs through Australia).

11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Really, isn't that the only way a person would vote to play the World Cup in Qatar? It makes very little sense logistically otherwise. Unless of course they invent outdoor AC by then Shrug
23-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish this whole thing would just go away - it's obvious Qatar won't be stripped of the WC and any countries who kick up a fuss in the meantime will be made to look an ass by FIFA after they pretend to perform an investigation.

Gah, some people don't know when they're licked Sad
Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
30-05-2011, 03:42 AM
I cannot be bothered to start a new thread about this carp but . . .

It is good to see that the teachings of Niccolo Machiavelli live on. If you cannot beat the opposition fairly, you get him excluded from the competition to guarantee victory (even better have his reputation completely destroyed so that he will not be allowed to compete again in future) and all without a formal trial process yet so that evidence cannot be tested . . . until after the competition is over.

30-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Watched the presser this evening, Blatter basically just saying "not my problem" to everything.
Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
31-07-2011, 10:02 PM

That's simple, its because Les Bleus imploded at the last World Cup Giggle

31-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Whereas Norway and Croatia didn't by not even qualifying? Wink
31-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Well Les Blues only qualified due to "The hand of Frog" Wink

24-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread simply for this rant, and this seemed the best place to discuss the FIFA World Rankings.

Can someone please explain how, on the back of a cancelled friendly, The Netherlands have risen to first place in the rankings while even more surprisingly England have risen to 4th when Spain only lost a meaningless friendly away in Italy?
24-08-2011, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2011, 02:14 PM by tomtwice.)
I think it may have something to do with Spain's older (EURO 2008, WC 2010) results no longer being weighted so heavily while the shit that was the Dutch team back then isn't counting against them so much
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu