Viva la Revolucion! Viva la Scotland!
17-09-2014, 12:42 AM
I'm able to watch it though?
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
17-09-2014, 06:22 AM
No, I could watch it. Lee and Keef obviously just don't know what they're doing. Wink
17-09-2014, 07:21 AM
I couldn't watch it either.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
17-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Can watch it at youtube, but not embedded here.
17-09-2014, 08:42 AM
I had the same problem trying to watch it on the youtube website yesterday. I'll try again later.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

17-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Couldn't watch it on YouTube or embedded.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
17-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Seems fine to me.

17-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I watched it here in France...just saying
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
17-09-2014, 01:51 PM
It's working today, brilliant, just brilliant Mrgreen
WAWAW

17-09-2014, 02:02 PM
My (worthless) opinion is that I wish them the best of luck. They have a unique chance to rid themselves of the toxic tories once and for all. I completely understand why they'd want to be free of Westminster control and be in charge of their own destiny. The 'union' isn't working for anyone except London. If they do decide to go for independence, I can see Wales observing how it works out for them and quite possibly moving towards a similar goal down the road - the last devolution vote here was very close, albeit with a pretty poor turnout. Since then dissatisfaction with Westminster has only grown though, so interesting times...

Btw - do you think that if Scotland votes yes that Cameron should immediately resign and/or call an election? I can't see how he/they could possibly stay on if that was the case.

17-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Whichever side wins though is only representing roughly half of the population. I know a majority is still a majority, however small the margin, but still...
WAWAW

17-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Civil war? Isn't there a derby for that?

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
17-09-2014, 02:20 PM
In response to Keith's edit, the no campaign is backed by all 3 westminster parties, not just the Conservatives, so not sure that it makes that much difference. Plus they used Darling as a scapegoat to front the campaign rather than a party leader.
General Election is already set for next year anyway, so no doubt after the fallout of the referendum has cleared we will be bombarded with some new election promises for them all to break.
WAWAW

17-09-2014, 02:31 PM
He'd still be the PM who presided over the dissolution of the Union. Historically, that has to spell his end. Surely?

17-09-2014, 02:44 PM
But with Scotland gone, he's far more likely to be re-elected as we all know that Scotland just doesn't vote Tory, so perhaps secretly he wants Scotland to vote Yes?
To say he presided over the dissolution is a bit strong imo, yes he is the man in power but it's not like he's to blame entirely for it. He's given the people of Scotland the choice to stay or go and it's down to them to decide, much like a general election. The counter argument of course is that he granted the referendum so yes he is to blame, but that would have been a much worse scenario for him to be in.

I would also like to point out that I am in no way a supporter of David Cameron, personally, I can't stand the guy, however much the statements above may contradict that.
WAWAW

17-09-2014, 02:44 PM
https://twitter.com/KathViner/status/512214358005657600

That's just... completely expected unfortunately.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
17-09-2014, 03:12 PM
(17-09-2014, 02:44 PM)Walks Wrote: But with Scotland gone, he's far more likely to be re-elected as we all know that Scotland just doesn't vote Tory, so perhaps secretly he wants Scotland to vote Yes?
To say he presided over the dissolution is a bit strong imo, yes he is the man in power but it's not like he's to blame entirely for it. He's given the people of Scotland the choice to stay or go and it's down to them to decide, much like a general election. The counter argument of course is that he granted the referendum so yes he is to blame, but that would have been a much worse scenario for him to be in.

I would also like to point out that I am in no way a supporter of David Cameron, personally, I can't stand the guy, however much the statements above may contradict that.

But it was solely his decision not to include the naff sounding 'devo max' on the ballot paper so has plenty to worry about with a yes vote.

He is in a tricky position whichever way the decision goes. The Tories are the traditional pro Union party so the Tory back benchers may want him out should the Yes vote win but will also be pressurising him for a devolved 'English' parliament to match the Scots should the No campaign win.

Personally I am hoping that come tomorrow a lot of Scots will wake up and appreciate the huge risks involved, not only to Scotland if they go it alone but also to the rest of the UK.

The uncertainty that will surround all ties being split from Scotland will surely shake the 'City' to the core and slide us back into recession.
17-09-2014, 04:14 PM
The nationalists seem happy to pitch this as an opportunity to give the Tories a good shoeing, much like a General Election vote.

It's much more final than that and I'm not 100% sure that most of the electorate are aware that there won't be another referendum after 4 years if things don't quite work out.

There's too much uncertainty in a "Yes" vote. Alex Salmond seems happy to avoid the big questions and reckons everything will work out for the best. Why anyone would want to vote for more economic unrest when we are still recovering from a recession is beyond me. I hope they vote "No".
"You've got a lot of talent but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
17-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Funny how he always dubs the difficult questions as "scaremongering". Can't stand the wanker.

I think they'll stay personally, if only by a small margin (although hopefully wide enough to make me slightly better off Mrgreen).
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
17-09-2014, 07:30 PM
(17-09-2014, 04:14 PM)juvehero Wrote: There's too much uncertainty in a "Yes" vote.

There's too much certainty in a "No" vote - that things will stay exactly the same and Scotland will continue to get shafted and ruled by arseholes in Westminster they never voted for. An arsehole in Hollyrood is one thing...

I'll be honest - I'll be ever so slightly devastated if they vote "No", because this may be a once-in-a-lifetime chance for them to effect real change. Voting "No" may well mean nothing will really change apart from some devolved powers (while keeping all the real power in Westminster of course). No promises have been made that can't be broken. Without batting an eyelid. We know this from historical precedent. The effect a "Yes" vote will have on British politics as a whole will also hopefully shake it out of its current complacency and change the attitude of complete contempt for the electorate Westminster currently has.

Say "Yes" Scotland. Be brave. Be bold. Grasp this moment.