The Official  I'll Tell You What's Getting My Llama...
Sad  05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
As we don't have one here yet.

What's going wrong in your save?
05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
New Vegas. Haven't played FM in weeks
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Managing 'big' clubs. Lost in two semis and one final to come away with nothing from the season. If I was managing a small side I'd be delighted with that performance but I've felt a distinct lack of enthusiasm at my new club with the pressure to win trophies. It's boring. My players are boring. I now have a measure of how those fans of big clubs feel in real life when they are almost suicidal if they go a season without a trophy, not realising that for the rest of us coming that close would be a dream.
08-12-2010, 12:26 AM
4 matches.
8 goals conceded.
6 of them Own Goals.

Hatepc
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
19-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Missed penalties (52nd and 58th minutes) against some Eastern European minnow putting CL progression in doubt.
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
20-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Other clubs keep offering me £0 for my star striker. He's 18 years old, on a full time permanent contract and valued at £575k.

STOP OFFERING NOTHING FOR HIM AND I MIGHT CONSIDER YOUR OFFERS YOU HALF WITTED FUCKERS!!!!!! Rant
20-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Playing against one of the top rated sides in BSN, I have had my team drilling a defensive tictac/formation all week as well as my normal tictac/formation using the FM11 match preparation.

We go into the game and get off to a flyer with my MR scoring in the first 8 minutes off a beautiful cross from my ML. As the opposition start to dominate possession and racking up the shots on goal by the 20th min, so I decide to give the new "Quick Tactics" button a go and tell my team to switch to the defensive tictac/formation (so we can try to hold onto the lead or force a draw). Instead of tightening things up, we ship 4 relatively easy goals in 20 mins instead.

I pause the game and go into the tictacs screen to have a look at my tictacs/formation/etc. That's when I realise that this new "Quick Tactics>Use Saved Tactics" feature actually resets a number of other instructions that I gave the team pre- and during the match (I won't say which ones that would be tipping) Explode Banghead

WTF? why would you put a new and improved a "quick" tactic button which actual requires you to do many more clicks to get the team to follow your pre-existing instructions but just change formation? SORTITOUTSI! Rant :walksawaymumblingabout2stepsforward1stepback:
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
29-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Fucking Kedah. Our biggest rivals. Played them 10 times, won 2, never in the league. This time has to be different - unbeaten in 9, my strikers have scored 8 in 3 games, keeper hasn't conceded in 4. Kedah are on a shit run.

85th minute, Kedah 1-2 Penang.

94th minute, Kedah 3-2 Penang.

Oh yes, one fluke cross (in off a post) and one fluke 50 yard free kick. The bastards. The utter, utter, utter bastards.
04-01-2011, 05:51 PM
First game of the season, a game we are predicted to win easily..... we lose 2 - 1 and our goal was a rather dubious penalty. Lovely

09-01-2011, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2011, 07:03 AM by Scratchmonkey.)
Having a real Ex-Recent Liverpool Manager season after being promoted with Tampere. Right now every single one of my strikers is injured and the only reason we're not bottom is that the team that came up with us is doing even worse. The fans are clamoring for whoever was left out to get the start next game, even though they started the game before that and the fans clamored to get them off then.
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Found a great striker on a free, agreed terms.

Didn't read the terms properly. For some reason, he won't actually join us until the last month of the season...
10-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Chairman selling first my cracking young Polish left-winger, and now my fan-favourite HG German striker who fired us to the 2.Bundesliga. Cunt.
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2011, 02:28 PM by Deus.)
Well, seen as i've just started playing again and signed up i'll have a little bit of a rant.

Dear board, we have now been promotion contenders in the championship for 3 years and have 3 million in the bank so i ask you this 1 simple question. Why the FUCK are we still playing in a god dammed 3600 seater stadium? Banghead

EDIT: And now, days later, I've been offered the Leeds job after the current leeds manager moved to Stoke. So i have to decide whether i want to carry on with alfreton, who are pretty much as far as i can take them unless we get a new stadium, or leeds who are infinately bigger structurally and it's the first time i've actually earned being offered the job, yet i've kinda grown attached to Alfreton. Bah.
12-01-2011, 02:38 PM
You know the answer Deus.

Elland Road is the ONLY place for us.
13-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Flu's getting my Llama. Managed 3 games last night, one of which involved losing to fucking Kedah again (see above) and losing the top spot.
13-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Been managing in Slovenia for ten weeks and still trying to remember which of my *****kuvic's is the best defender/midfielder/attacker in the squad. Oh and my scouts finding Centre Midfielders that would be the 13th best M C in the squad but still a good addition nevertheless when the team is desperately short of wide players!
13-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I can remember that feeling in China.Ho Win Be is apparent not the same as Be Win Ho. Who knew.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
14-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Having to ask my Assistant to compile a loan report 3 times before I'm satisfied he's done an average job. Incompetent idiot!
14-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I'll tell you what's getting my llama - a lack of (semi-)decent job offers.

I've won the Israeli League three times in a row, one of those being part of a domestic treble. I've taken an Israeli side into the Champions League group stages where we weren't embarrassed by the likes of Benfica, Barca or Dinamo Kyiv. I've taken an Israeli side beyond the group stages of the Europa League against all expectation. I've had a very creditable 1-1 against Internazionale at the San Siro and a 3-3 draw against Barca in our own back yard. My reputation is worldwide.

So, surely some lowly top flight club in Germany, Italy, Spain or England would be willing to take a punt on me? What could go wrong from their point of view?

But no. The only job offers I've had are from two Chinese sides (one already relegated, the other just awaiting mathematical conformation), a Korean side (dead in the water tbh), Hartlepool (newly arrived in the Championship, just 5 players in the squad, no transfer funds and already way over their wage budget) and a Mexican second division side.

Mexico it is then Meh
14-01-2011, 11:14 AM
That'll teach you for pussying out of a club :p

Maybe that's the reason no-one wants to take a punt on you? Maybe you're viewed in the FM world as some kind of disloyal renegade!