Football The Other Parts of the UK and Ireland Football League Thread
13-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Hopefully Scottish youngsters.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
14-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Well hopefully Rangers take a decent away crowd with them so that will give all the other clubs in SPL3 a boost.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

14-07-2012, 03:42 AM
They should still pants other teams for the next couple of years, when they get to Div 1 they'll be able to say 'prem next year so sign with us' and it shouldnt be an issue for them. Will be fun to watch, though.

Right decision all round. \o/
Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
14-07-2012, 08:31 PM
^This. Surely this will STRENGTHEN the lower reaches of Scottish football, which all round will provide more competitive leagues? I've always thought the Scottish game should go to 3 leagues. SPL, SFL and SFA Championship with promotion from the junior leagues. Familiarity breeds contempt right? 4 games against the same team each season must do this? Especially when you are GUARANTEED a whooping from the top 2 4 times every year.

I think Rangers will need to/want to build a team full of their youth players. These players fill the loan slots of all manner of lower league Scottish teams, so now they'll be able to play 1st team football at that level for their club. The youth system won't dry up because of relegation. Yes it might not be as cushy as it was, heck they may even need to clean the senior players boots! But I do think this could be the making of Scottish football, and that Rangers might come out of it as glorious pariahs.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
16-07-2012, 09:24 AM
It will be interesting to see whether the Div 3 clubs will have to pay for extra policing when Rangers Newco are in town

I do echo your sentiments above Kev and would like to see Rangers blood the youngsters who normally fill the loan slots further down the Scottish leagues.
16-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Dundee will be starting in the prem next year, not Dunfermline.

I don't understand that at all.
16-07-2012, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012, 01:21 PM by deanashtonsfoot.)
I have to be honest, I agree with that decision.

Dunfermline were already relegated and had been replaced by Ross County.

Had Rangers' demise been confirmed prior to the end of the season, or they'd been given a points deduction to relegate them, then Dunfermline would have been reprieved.

However, once the season finished, Rangers effectively filled an extra relegation spot, requiring them to be replaced by an extra promoted team.

That's the way I read the situation anyway, and it's obviously how the SPL clubs viewed it as well.

I'd expect to see the movement of the extra club between Divsions 1 and 2, and Division 2 and 3 to be dealt with in the same way. I would expect it not to be resolved by a reprieve to a club who would have otherwise gone down, but by an extra club being promoted.
16-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Hmm... When put like that, it almost makes sense.

But when viewed as the fact that Rangers were fucked well and truly before the end of the season, even if that wasn't officially officially officially fucked, then it still seems very harsh on The Pars...
16-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Perhaps a little more harsh on the SD2 club that was relegated to SD3 last season!
16-07-2012, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012, 01:36 PM by deanashtonsfoot.)
No doubt, it is harsh on The Pars.

I still agree with Dundee going up though. Wink

One interesting point that has been raised by Dundee's likely promotion though is that the fixtures apparently now have Dundee Utd and Dundee playing at home at the same time on several weekends. The local police won't be happy about that!

You'd have thought that possibility would have been taken into account when they produced the fixtures!
16-07-2012, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012, 01:39 PM by f1dave.)
What's the bet when they produced the fixtures they still figured it would be Rangers!

Oh! Hadn't considered that!
16-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Just going slightly off topic but...

I know there are obvious reasons why this can't happen in-game but I do think it would be good to have, imagine the career update,
"Sacked by "x" club because they were wound up" or
"relegated 3 divisions due to financial irregularities, but decided to stay on, it's my duty to get them back where they belong!"

Would be interesting to say the least, i'm guessing it could only happen if there were generated team names as well as player names.
16-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't be possible in game due to legal reasons, the same reasons why you will never see players in game being banned for lengthy periods due to bring the game into disrepute, using banned substances etc
[url=http://lowerleaguemanager.com/forum][/url]

16-07-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012, 05:06 PM by bennytee.)

That's what I thought, it’s an argument for starting with generated players who iirc are more likely to have varying personalities.
The only way would be to have generated Team names I guess.
17-07-2012, 02:16 PM

That lad's got to be chuffed Smile
13-08-2012, 02:02 AM
4,500 capacity crowd at Peterhead sees the home side draw 2-2 with Rangers in round one of Division Three.

Brilliant Mrgreen
13-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I see Rangers are likely to become a feeder club to the Geordies!
19-08-2012, 09:27 AM

This was funny as hell when we found out. Saw him for Bangor a couple of times last season and i think he's the fattest player i've ever seen. Certainly nothing on the star of Bangor city, Peter Hoy.
06-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Stirling Albion! \o/ Mrgreen
07-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Very interesting that Rangers Newco are still waiting to record their first away win in Div. 3