The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 461 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 1595 pluginSystem->run_hooks

Football The Other Parts of the UK and Ireland Football League Thread
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 12:52 PM by f1dave.)
I just love the statements this bloke makes:

Quote:Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has attacked the media reaction to his sacking of manager Jim Jefferies.

Jefferies was removed after an 18-month spell and has been replaced by former Sporting Lisbon coach Paulo Sergio.

In a statement, Romanov said: "Judging by the pre-planned squeals the media monkeys are making, Hearts has hit the point with the move.

"With only one competitive win in 15 games, only fools and idiots would not raise questions and suspicions."

"I now understand why Scotland is in 61st place in Fifa rankings behind such poor football countries like Lithuania, Albania and Gabon," added Romanov in the brief statement on the club's website.
Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
04-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Was an interesting piece on the about him and Hearts.
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Now Romanov has said Hearts must win the SPL this year Lol
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
That's going a bit far, isn't it?

Quote:St Patrick's Athletic players have refused to play in a Europa League qualifer on Thursday night over a cash dispute with the club's owners.

The League of Ireland side are 2-0 down to Karpaty Lviv ahead of the scheduled second leg in Dublin.

The players have rejected an offer from the owners relating to bonus payments and compensation for loss of earnings.
21-09-2011, 01:12 PM
It's all gone a bit cupset at Aberdeen:

19-03-2012, 07:40 AM

God, what a horrible weekend for that sort of thing! Good on Kilmarnock for beating Celtic, but jeez what a horrible tragedy for the young man Sad
19-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Oh look, it's this story again:
19-03-2012, 10:21 AM
If they want to join us they should be made at least to start in the BSN
[url=http://lowerleaguemanager.com/forum][/url]

19-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Killie's keeper was immense in the League Cup final, arguably won it for them.
19-03-2012, 10:42 AM

It's odd. When was the last time you heard about someone involved with a football club having a heart attack during a match?

I can't remember reading about it happening any time recently.

Yet I had a pretty strange dream on Friday night - Alex Ferguson died of a heart attack after rushing off the bench to celebrate a Man Utd goal. I don't mean this as a dig at Man Utd, it was just one of those odd random dreams you get.

Then the day after Muamba had his heart attack, and now this.

I'm not trying to claim it was a premonition or anything stupid like that, but it's pretty a bizarre coincidence. I've never dreamt about anything like that before.
19-03-2012, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2012, 11:00 AM by Ben O'Bagels.)

Sadly it's more common than you'd think. Wikipedia has a fairly lengthy list of , a high proportion of them involving heart attacks. Of those I could actually recall before looking at the list the Dani Jarque one is the most recent. If we include spectators then I think there was a Celtic fan during a match against Hearts last season, and a Spurs fans earlier this season. Though as far as I know they both survived.
21-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Hibs' player Leigh Griffiths headbutted his manager, punched the assistant, and then stormed off the training ground and cleared out his locker before speeding off in his car.

Now THAT is an exit Mrgreen Mrgreen
18-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Hearts play Hibs tomorrow in the Scottish Cup final, which means a dodgy song to get in the mood. \o/

19-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Applaud
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
19-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Love it Mrgreen
12-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:“It means clubs will have to vote on whether to re-admit Rangers to the Scottish Premier League.”

REJECT! REJECT!! Just because it will be funny! Please, for crying out loud, REJECT!

They’d be back in 3 years anyway, but it would be hilarious if they had to drop to SD3! Mrgreen

It would also probably mean a massive payday for a lot of very small clubs, temporarily punishing Rangers and spreading some wealth at the same time. What's not to like?! Mrgreen
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Ice cream is in the freezer, just need to pop up the shop for some jelly now.
14-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I would like to think the other SPL clubs had the balls to do the right thing and say to Rangers start again at SD3 but I somehow doubt they will want to lose the match day income
21-06-2012, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012, 08:58 AM by deanashtonsfoot.)
I know it's The Sun, so it's 99% certain that this has just been made up, but surely this would not be allowed:

Bury, or any other club sucked into such an agreement, would effectively cease to exist.
21-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Rangers need 7 votes from the 11 clubs to stay in the SPL. Celtic will obviously vote no. Dundee Utd and Hearts have now also said they'll vote no.

That leaves 8 clubs, so only 2 more need to vote no and Rangers drop to SD3! It's starting to look like this might actually happen!