We're British, let's discuss the weather!
16-01-2019, 08:35 PM
I'd rather be too cold than too warm. Can always put on more layers but there's only so much you can take off before you get arrested!
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
18-01-2019, 01:31 PM
45 in Sydney's west today
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu
18-01-2019, 10:25 PM
That would have been uncomfortable, was it humid as well or was it at least a dry heat?

We only made it to 39 deg C yesterday, but we got some relief the night before with an evening thunderstorm (quite a spectacular light show) and last night with winds and rain (and red dust that is now all over the cars). The thunderstorm dropped the temperate almost 20 deg C the night before but the rain and wind last night only dropped the temperature 10 deg C before it climbed back up to 30 deg C.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
19-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Was doing a bit of reading on the heatwave, and in Port Augusta it was 36 degrees... At night. At the lowest. Then 48 the next day. Fuck that.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
19-01-2019, 10:07 PM
It has cooled off for Canberra this weekend, daytime highs of only 34-35 deg C and overnight lows of 15 deg C.

The lower overnight lows give the opportunity to get the temperature of the house down before the heat sets in the next day, makes a big difference. We even managed to turn off the aircon last night and just open up the window in the loungeroom (where we have moved a couple of mattresses for us and the girls to sleep this last week).
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett