Football The Official Championship Thread
06-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Just setting this up so the Wet Sham fans don't need to start a new one in January...

Any road, Colin Wanker's QPR are running away with it, and there's only ten points between 2nd and 9th. None of the relegated teams are looking like going up and two of the promoted teams are in the playoff spots (Norwich through expansive, skillful football, and Leeds through an ability to score tap-ins in the last ten minutes).

At the other end, Preston look doomed and Darren Ferguson looks like a burns victim with sinusitis after a stroke. Boro are defying all pre-season predictions of not being shite, and Sheff Utd and Hull are looking nervously at Palace and Scunny.

The league's as exciting as it's been for years, and what does everyone talk about?

The fact that the useless, preening, self-obsessed twat Robbie Savage is on Twitter.

The mind fucking boggles.
06-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Can't wait for the season to end. We are doomed, hopeless and need to winning by 3 with ten minutes to go to stand a chance of a draw.

Fergie Jr. is a joke, Peterborough were hapless under him and now Preston are. Phoning your dad for youth players will only get you so far. It's not that we're just bad (we are) but there is a sense of inevitability that we are down which is no good. I'd love to hear Fergie inspire and get a battle for staying up going on but he's looked a beaten man for months.

He's taken a side that was regular play-off contenders to a side that looks like it doesn't belong in the division in about a year.
06-12-2010, 10:08 PM
On the plus side, you did release a DVD of a league match you won. I hate Parkin.
07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
And thanks to you, we got a great manager out of it Mrgreen
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

07-12-2010, 03:43 AM
Forest are disappointingly mid-table with an inability to win all that often (though the same goes for losing). And to think Soccernet was tipping them as champions this year. Hopefully they can improve and haul themselves into the playoffs
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Last season I watched both Brighton vs Southend games in League 1.

The way things are going I'll be posting in this thread next season about my adventures at the Brighton vs West Ham games.
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh, I do hope so.
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
(06-12-2010, 10:08 PM)Mr603 Wrote: On the plus side, you did release a DVD of a league match you won. I hate Parkin.

Yes, but in a season where we have had nothing to cheer about coming from 4-1 behind away at Leeds to win is something to savour. It was like a crazy FM game...

I'm one of the few people who like the Beast. Yes he's fat and a throwback but at least he gets stuck in. He's not a 90 minute player though, best used when we need to shit a defence up with 15 to go. Still, attacking options with 15 minutes to go seems to have gone out of the window this season. Anyway Andy, not one to bear a grudge I did see that game as revenge for when 'I' thought we outplayed you in two play-off legs but we still went out after getting kicked off the park....

In fat, call it revenge for when you beat us 3-0 in the FA Cup 3rd round in about 1983. I distinctly remember thre things about that game (one of my earliest away games) 1) getting pasted on the pitch 2) my dad getting me a really hot cup of tea as I freezed my nuts off and 3) it was the first time I'd seen a scoreboard in real life thus proving Leeds were a 'big' team ha ha

'And thanks to you, we got a great manager out of it' - you're right. We were sliding down the table but most thought the Irvine sacking harsh. Cracking judgement from the Preston board as the Ferguson slump is worse than any manager since before the 1985 re-election season... I wish Irvine well.
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
In fairness he's done really well for us, plus I felt signing Mellor was a major coup, he's been fantastic for us.
WAWAW

07-12-2010, 09:21 PM
(07-12-2010, 09:06 PM)bazhsw Wrote: I'm one of the few people who like the Beast. Yes he's fat and a throwback but at least he gets stuck in. He's not a 90 minute player though, best used when we need to shit a defence up with 15 to go.

Parkin comes from about three miles away from me. I used to work with someone who drank in the same WMC as him.

There were high hopes for him at Barnsley but he was drummed out of the club in the end. Officially because he wanted to play striker and the manager and coaching staff were convinced he'd make a better centre half. Unofficially there were rumours and allegations of alcohol abuse and drink driving.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
(07-12-2010, 09:06 PM)bazhsw Wrote: Anyway Andy, not one to bear a grudge I did see that game as revenge for when 'I' thought we outplayed you in two play-off legs but we still went out after getting kicked off the park....

Kicked off the park? Different games to what I saw. I mean, sure, we finished the away game with 9 men, but it's not our fault you lot are soft. May have been harder if Job Done Davies hadn't written Hoofwell's team talk for him.

(07-12-2010, 09:21 PM)JP Wrote: Parkin comes from about three miles away from me. I used to work with someone who drank in the same WMC as him.
There were high hopes for him at Barnsley but he was drummed out of the club in the end.

Aye, well you fuckers got a DVD out of this season without him anyway.
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Watford are currently 3-0 up away at QPR. Only just switched it off, but the Rangers left back seems to be having a torrid time.
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Relieved at our win today - it really was a 'must-win' for us. The pressure is on Keane even more now. I rarely have anything nice to say about Leeds but I would like to congratulate them on their comeback in the big Yorkshire derby today!
11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
You do know Burnley is in Lancashire right?
WAWAW

11-12-2010, 08:43 PM
It's technically a Roses derby. Gutted I didn't go. Decided to save money for the FA Cup 3rd round instead...
11-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Good win for us today against an awful Sheff Utd side. First half was scrappy and neither side really managed to get on top for long periods, second half we were much better and should have added to the goal we had. Last five minutes were all Sheff Utd as the threw everything at the equaliser but never came too close to getting it. Had they showed more ambition earlier they might have got something.

That's five unbeaten (4 wins and a draw) and 4 consecutive clean sheets. Looking good and I'll be disappointed if we don't achieve mid-table anonymity with relative ease this season.
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
12-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Sheff Utd have been diabolical this season. They offered nothing at all at ER (although we didn't notice that until the 80th minute, when we decided they were shit enough that we could attack) and haven't looked good in any game since that I've seen them in.

Shame, as I do like Gary Speed. That said, they were my 4th favourite Sheffield team when I lived there, after Hallam FC, Sheffield FC and the always hilarious Steff Wendy
12-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Speed just looked lost on the touchline. Not as lost as the players on the pitch, mind you.

I have a feeling that if he's offered the Wales job he'll leave Bramall Lane.
12-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Sadly I do know where Burn-er-ly is but if Yorkshire wants to extend it's boundaries you can have it if you want - we won't mind.
12-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Jesus man, we didn't win the War of the Roses just to hand the Dingles over to Yorkshire!