Video Games Steam Powered
23-10-2011, 11:50 AM
The only non FM game I have on Steam is F1 2011, but then the only non FM game I have for PC is F1 2011. I have a friend at work who is a massive gamer (read, Geek) and he uses Steam, he currently has over 150 games on there and he's never had any real issues with it at all as far as I'm aware.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

23-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I have 5 more games on steam and I've had no problems either.The only advice I would give is, look for better prices elsewhere for new games. For example, greenmangaming are offering FM2012 for £23.99 which is downloaded through steam.
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
23-10-2011, 12:29 PM
(23-10-2011, 11:28 AM)Rodderas Wrote: I've also noticed Civilization 3 complete for £2.99 which I might give a go.

I ain't no Steamer but would get this instant. Thup

(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

28-10-2011, 07:00 AM
I bought Portal and Portal 2 on Steam for £11.49 about 4 weeks ago Mrgreen
28-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Anyone having problems loading FM2012 through steam today? Or is it just me?
28-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Sorted. Although, it's a tad ironic that I had problems after saying above that I never have problems with steam
03-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Strange thing occured last night - been dabbling with the new FM12 on my laptop, decided I wanted to go back to a save on FM10. Put the FM10 disc in the dvd drive, clicked the desktop icon and we're off. But we're not off as "no disc detected in drive, please try again". Ok then, bit of dust on the disc maybe, pop it out give it a clean and we're off again....not a chance, same message. Open and close the drive half a dozen times, no change. Try a different game, no change.

Check "My Computer" and hey ho, the dvd-ram drive has disappeared off the computer. Had to run a command prompt and go in and delete the "upper and lower filters" and restart the pc and there was the dvd drive back on board.

Now, the only changes that I've made to the system lately was the installation of Steam - I've been playing FM12 a little bit and thought I had been playing it off the disc, but now I think about it the drive didn't make any noise during game time - so maybe I've been playing it direct from Steam?

Anyone else had this sort of problem? Maybe it's a quite common system error and completely unconnected with Steam? Although I've never heard of such an issue before Shrug
"You've got a lot of talent but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I've played the last 4 versions through Steam and never had that problem, DVD drive has always remained in "My Computer", both on my desktop and laptop. Admittedly I haven't tried FM12 on my laptop, but I have played the previous 3 with no problems at all
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
The thing that is confusing me is that I thought with buying the disc I was only registering the game on Steam and would continue to play it off the disc - much the same as previous game versions. I mustn't have been (as the dvd drive had disappeared) and must have been playing it direct from Steam Confused

I didn't really have an opinion on Steam before, as I'd never used it. I'm starting to get an opinion now..............
"You've got a lot of talent but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
04-11-2011, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011, 01:56 AM by Deus.)
As karma seems to be following this thread rather too closely for my liking i will not comment on any issuses i may or may not have had on steam...

It is however very very good for when the sales come round. I got the THQ pack a while back for around £60 which gave me around £300 worth of games (dawn of war 1&2, company of heroes 1&2, Metro 2033, both monkey islands, all red factions, the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and a number of other games, plus expansion every expansion pack to all of the above). So if you wait around for a bit and can stand the indignation of having it installed there are some pretty spectacular deals.
28-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Is there a list of LLaMa Steam IDs anywhere? I think I've only got 3 or 4 of you as friends.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
28-10-2012, 08:23 PM
You've got mine I think Thup
28-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I could make a list of them in op if anyone is intersted.

28-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Just opened new thread in this forum. Go for your life Al, PM me with it and I'll have it up. I'll sticky it. Thup
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
28-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't understand that post but Thup the new thread.

28-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, it doesn't actually make sense now there is a thread for them to be posted in. Excellent observation/twatish posting from moi. Doh
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
28-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Mrgreen

Also, what have you done with my op you thief?

28-10-2012, 09:18 PM
ERm, geniused it away?! Sorry Al, not sure I know how to get it back. Stupid
28-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Mrgreen Not to worry

31-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Re, Steam and playing from the disc on FM12.

I only have laptops, bought the game in a bricks-and-mortar store and registered through Steam of course and have never had to have the disc in the machine since. So either it doesn't need it or I've been lucky.

One thing I will say with Steam is the achievements - I rarely look but could have sworn I had 20 a while ago. Now only 16. No sort of deal at all since I don't care, but odd ... I could be mistaken of course.