The Paint Pot
30-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Some of you may have seen, most of you will not care, but my beloved SPIREITES are off to Wembley in the final of the paint pot.

I've never been to Wembley and nothing is going to stop me going so it could be a great day!

Counting down the days Mrgreen
30-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Congratulations.

My son's friend's Dad is an Oldham fan and he's distraught on Facebook, he really thought they'd overturn the deficit.
[url=http://psntl.com/user/view/jptykes][/url]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
30-01-2012, 11:23 PM
They should have to be honest. They dominated possession wise and had a couple of clear chances they fluffed or our keeper (who was outstanding) dealt with. They didn't create enough end product and we more or less dealt with them.
30-01-2012, 11:55 PM
I have been to Cardiff when Carlisle lost to Swansea, and Wembley when Carlisle (one of my closest friends is a Carlisle fan BTW) when they got stuffed 5-1. Last year my mate refused to go. Needless to say Carlisle won. I have also been to two losing play-off finals with PNE (I used to steward, and got paid 20 quid plus ticket and free transport for these!) so perhaps it isa good thing that I can't get a ticket for the League Cup Final. Good luck Spireites. Bet SKy want Paolo in the final.

Was impressed by Sheridan (amongst a very twitchy interview) using the line " Tooken that into the league games". So much better that he corrected himslef from taken. Mrgreen How many times can one pleb say 'fink' ??
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
30-01-2012, 11:57 PM
He definitely looked like he was on something! Mrgreen
31-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I hope Swindon get there, 2 ex Wednesday legends in the dugouts at Wembley, can't be bad!
[url=http://lowerleaguemanager.com/forum][/url]

21-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Aha! Didn't spot this before.

So...... Banana

Mrgreen
21-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Did I hear that Crewe are also in the final?
21-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Yep, Southend vs Crewe, so Crewe will be favourites as the L1 side.
21-02-2013, 10:39 PM
As well as being the better team with a better history and pedigree :p
21-02-2013, 11:42 PM
And that as well, yeah. Mrgreen

Although Southend are the only team in the world with a 100% winning record against Man Utd. Mrgreen

^That's true by the way.
21-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Valid Mrgreen
22-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Shame they are playing Crewe then Chris and not Man U!
22-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I've been to 2 JPT Finals in 2 different countries against teams from 2 different countries and seen my team lose both times.

Cardiff to see Carlisle loose 2-1 to Swansea (no idea what year) and Wembley (the biggest disappointment ever IMO) to see them get smashed 5-1 by Southampton. Crap memories.

I do remember the semi-final (think it was the southampton year) away at Macclesfield. They clearly didn't realise how many Carlisle bring to any game North of Birmingham. They closed the main away terrace turnstiles and fannyed on about opening a little side terrace next to the mainstand. In the meantime they forgot to close the main exit gate to the terrace and people vaulted over the top for free! Sorry to say but I was unable to lift my frame that high and paid Blush Mrgreen
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
22-02-2013, 08:58 PM
I went to the Southend vs Wrexham JPT final in Cardiff in 2005.

Southend lost. Still enjoyed it though. Got absolutely shitfaced after the match. Mrgreen
22-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I went in the car Sad

The other 2 times I've been to Cardiff I have been an official steward for PNE. Not really the done thing to return hours late to your coach shitfaced Mrgreen

Edit: Having thought about it, the Wembley (shithole) final we left with a good 20 minutes to play (would never do it to LFC but, 5-0 down following a team I don't actually care about?!) and got to that bar outside Euston (no idea of the name but one goes up stairs and it is quite a convivial spot) with enough hours before my train to get mildly streamed, even at Central Landan prices.
07-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Yay for Crewe \o/

Hope you had a good day drinking at Wembley despite the result, daf Thup
08-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah, was a great day. Thup