Update for FM'12 Patience is a virtue, or so they keep telling me...
21-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Hope you have better luck in India mate; re-reading this thread your career in England thus far has really sucked Wink
21-08-2012, 09:55 AM
It's odd, every time I thought I'd turned a corner and started to get somewhere, things turned sour about six months later. Maybe I just need to be grumpy all the time? Mrgreen

Got to say, I feel more at home with Dempo already than I did with any of the English clubs I have managed in this career. Just hope I can do well here now :X:
21-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe old colonialism is in your DNA!

Or you just found your level Wink
24-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Good luck in India mate. When you get bored between matches just go on elephant safari. Smile
24-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Season 18 - 2028/29

Dempo Sports Club - I-League

As we were way over budget and the board had announced that they had taken out a loan for the building of a new stadium, I decided to let anyone whose contract was up to leave. This left me with a small squad, and I frantically tried to find players to plug the gaps. India is, of course, lacking in quality, but I managed to bring in players I was reasonably happy with.

We started quite poorly in the league, with 3 defeats coming in the first 9 matches, but then went on a run of 15 matches undefeated, which contained a club record 9 straight wins. This propelled us to the top of the table with 2 matches, both away from home, remaining. 2nd placed Salgaocar were 5 points behind us going into these games, and when we lost 1-0 at 3rd placed Mohun Bagan I started to worry we were going to choke. Needless to say Salgaocar won their match.

So 2 points was the difference, and a tricky away game at 6th placed Pune FC was what it all rested on. With an inferior goal difference to Salgaocar, we needed to win to be guaranteed the title. We slumped to a poor 2-1 defeat, and that was it, we had blown our chance. As I gloomily continued from the match screen something caught my eye. But wait a minute. What's this? Did that screen just say I'm top of the table? Bloody hell, it did! Salgaocar also lost their final game, so we won the league by 2 points! \o/

Reinforcements will be needed to win the league again next season, and the Champions League might give us a bitch slapping, but this was the pick up I needed for this save, as I had contemplated starting all over again. Thank goodness for the Add/Remove leagues feature. Great work SI Thup Mrgreen

I-League 1/14 (Predicted 3rd)
P:26, W:17, D:4, L:5, GF:48, GA:26, Pts:55

Durand Cup: Won our group but then lost in semi final to Mohun Bagan
Federation Cup: Won our group but lost in semi final to Mumbai
24-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Great work winning the title there mate. Thup

Will be interesting to hear how you get on in the CL.
24-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Great job on winning the title. Looking forward for next update. :KUTGW:
24-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Nice work mate, I never got past fourth or so over there...
Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division II
24-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Nice to see you still job hopping Keefa, looks like you might have found home Thup

24-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Well the plan is stay for one more season, try and retain the title and not get embarrassed in the Champions League, before resigning and coming back to England to see if my new philosophy will work here too.

Who said loyalty was a thing of the past? Mrgreen
20-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Season 19 - 2029/30

Dempo Sports Club - I-League

This pre-season saw the excellent work my scouts had done come to fruition. I signed a number of players to really build up the squad, having at least 2 players to cover for each position. We also moved into our very own stadium for the first time since 2005, having played in a ground shared with numerous other clubs previously.

The new squad, which was expensively assembled by Indian standards at £50k (more than 3 times the rest of the leagues spending!), gelled quickly, and after 14 straight wins, we suffered our first league defeat. This only temporarily halted us, though, and we wrapped up our 2nd consecutive title with only 21 matches played.

I-League 1/14 (Predicted 1st)
P:26, W:20, D:4, L:2, GF:57, GA:17, Pts:64

Durand Cup: We beat local rivals Salgaocar 3-1 AET in the final.
Federation Cup: For the 2nd year running we lost in the semi final.
Indian Super Cup: Smashed by Pune FC 4-0, although all the other match stats were dead even. Threw a tea pot across the changing room to let the players know I was pissed off.
Asian Champions League: After winning our 2 qualifying rounds, we were huge underdogs in our group, and despite finishing bottom, we managed 5 points, which I was proud of.

Upon our league title win I decided that I wanted to come home, and as soon as the Champions League campaign was over I began applying for jobs and rejecting transfer offers from Dempo. After being overlooked for a number of League Two jobs but being offered Championship jobs that I hadn't applied for, I decided to accept a job offer from Leicester, who had finished rock bottom of the Championship, and would mean I am in League One next season.
20-09-2012, 06:47 PM
A good season there Keefa, and Leicester could be a genius move. I would imagine expectations are going to be promotion or out?
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

20-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Well done retaining the title, Leicester should be an interesting chapter in your career.

kutgw

20-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Bloody England. The death of many an excellent save. Out of interest, which teams play in the ACL? Is it the premium competition? S Korea, Oz, Japan etc.?
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
20-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I League to League 1 is that a bit of a jump, considering your 'success' before in England? Fishing
21-09-2012, 07:35 AM
[takesbait]Well I wanted to go to League Two, but the 4 jobs I applied for in that division rejected me, yet I was getting offers from the Championship when I hadn't even applied.

As it turns out the I-League is 1 and a half stars, while League One is 2 stars, so it's not too unrealistic.[/takesbait]
21-09-2012, 12:16 PM
(20-09-2012, 09:02 PM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: Bloody England. The death of many an excellent save. Out of interest, which teams play in the ACL? Is it the premium competition? S Korea, Oz, Japan etc.?

Yes, it does have all the big guns in, one of the teams in my group was a rich Saudi club!
22-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Just read this through Keefa... good luck in your 6 months or so at Leicester Wink
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
22-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Cheeky bugger Smile
04-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Season 20 - 2030/31

Leicester City - League One

Having finished on just 13 points last season, and a whopping 34 points from safety, I knew already that I would have my work cut out. When I was given my wage budgets for the season I saw we were already very close to it, so I went to see who I should keep and who should go from last season's "squad". Squad was stretching it a bit, as there were only 17 players between the first and reserve teams, of which only 3 had contracts lasting beyond this summer.

I decided to let the contracts all run out, and start from scratch, but this was a risk with the board expecting promotion and the media predicting 2nd place. Still, at least I should be able to build a team to my own tactics!

With a lot of space to fill, I got to work signing free agents to fit my tactical philosophy, and although the vast majority of the signings were in their early twenties and younger, I did manage to sign some experience to help us out.

We were up and down for the first half of the season, but after the Christmas chaos, we hit another gear and flew to the top of the table thanks to a run where we won 14 of 17 matches, drawing the the other 3. In an almighty battle to the end of the season, the top 2 interchanged between us, Wrexham, Newport and Wycombe, but we managed to hold on and gain promotion with 1 match remaining. A win at AFC Telford in the final game of the season saw us leapfrog Wrexham and win the title as well, so a good year became a great one.

L1 1/24 (Predicted 2nd)
P:46, W:28, D:13, L:5, GF:94, GA:47, Pts:97

FA Cup: Dover (A) 1-1, (H) 4-1, Plymouth (A) 3-1, Newcastle (A) 2-3
League Cup: Carlisle (H) 3-1, Cardif (A) 0-3
JPT: Stalyvegas (H) 1-2

As soon as the season finished I was approached by Championship team Bristol City, but as I will be there with the Foxes next season, I rejected. Besides, Villa only finished 5th in the Championship this season, so I'm hoping that job may be available next season Mrgreen