Update for FM'12 A Dane in Scotland
22-08-2012, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2012, 02:11 PM by mvp.)
Hi,

This was made after some seasons of playing, so some information might be lacking.

After clicking random untill i got a team in the lower english leagues, i landed in Worchester City, or City as the locals likes to call their team.

[Image: Worcester_City_FC_logo.png]

Season:2011/2012
Media Prediction: Midt table
Board: Safe midt table
Transfers:
In: 5 players. Slovak ST, Scottish GK, Very promising ST, Young DL and French MC
Out: 8 players
Cup: Reached FA cup first round.
League: Finished 1. W26 D6 L10 - F76 A41 - PTS 84
Ramble:
This was the first season, and i would have been happy to finish midt table or with some luck around play off, but we managed to finish top of the table with 4 points down. BSP awaits.
Very promising ST was a huge disappointment scoring only 2 goals in 24 appearances. Fortunetly my other players was able to score enough to win us promition, Slovak ST helped with 13 goals in 37 matches.

Season: 2012/2013
Media Prediction: 24
Board: Avoid relegation
Transfers:
In:13 players (3 on loan) worth noticing are, Hardass DC, Scottich DR and Irish DC
Out: 10 players, including Very promising ST to Chelmsford for free
Cup: Nothing worth mentioning
League: Finished 11. W19 D11 L16 - F54 A53 - PTS 68
Ramble:
Great league result, wasent too worried about relegation, as i thought i had a decent team for BSP, and they didnt fail me. Finished in a fine midt table position. Most of the season we had been around 15th though, was only a good run at the end of the season that brought us up to 11th.
This year Slovak ST scored 17 goals in 45 matches.
During the season we promoted Young DMC from the youth team to the first team, at 16½ years old he made his debut, played so well he managed to get 33 matches during the season.
Asked the board for more money for wages, they didnt agree with me. I also really wanted to change the clubs status to professional, but the board resonable denied my request. Just not enough funds for that project.

Season: 2013/2014
Media Prediction: Cant remember
Board: Cant remember
Transfers:
In: 6 incl. Young AMC
Out: 6 players, incl. French MC who i was unable to hang on to.
League: Finished 19. W14 D10 L22 - F54 A67 - PTS 52
Ramble:
We had been in and around relegation most of the season fortunetly during the latter rounds we got out of relegation and stayed there with 4 points to spare.
Slovak ST with 12 goals in 43 matches which pretty clearly shows my scoring problem.
Young AMC was bought with the intention of using him as a Wing. Something he adapted to very quickly. He shall now be known as AML.
Young DMC shined this year with a fine 15 assists from 41 matches. I see great things in both his and AMLs future.
My clubs wage budget was starting to be a problem, the squad was short on players, and i was tough hanging on to my top players. I told the board i needed a bigger budger, and after some begging they finally agreed.

Season: 2014/2015
Transfers:
In: 4 incl. 2 on loan.
Out: 7, including Slovak ST, who wanted to go to a bigger club. He ended up retiring a year after, unable to find a place to call home.
League: Finished 18. W13 D11 L22 - F56 A60 - PTS 50.
Ramble:
7 points safe and starting to feel i have taken this club as far as i can. Wage budget got cut, again, and im looking to accept my final 1 year contract deal. Thinking it might be about time to look elsewhere.
Young DMC got 43 matches this season, making 11 assists.
Young AML had a good season with 11 assists.

Season: 2015/2016
Transfers:
In: 0
Out: 1
Cup: Nothing specific
League:
Ramble: As the past years i am hovering around the relegation spot, as a position at Luton is available. Luton was a few places above us in the BSP, really wanting to move to a professional club i apply. The Worchester board is not happy about my decision and i am given the option to apologize or resign. I resigned. Most of the backroom staff, including my ass man. resigns as well.
Being tutored as the favorite man for the Luton job, i am already thinking about buying a home neat the stadium, but the, out of the blue they hire another manager. I'm gutted.
I decide to take a holliday, appying where possible, some have a good laugh at my applications, but the a danish first division team comes calling. Not really ready to see the homeland again i refuse (is danish 1. div realistic for a danish manager in BSP?). Later the dream job arrives, Notts Co. having been relegated, promoted and relegated again, and not at a 16th place in League 2 asks me to save them. I happily accept.
22-08-2012, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012, 12:23 PM by mvp.)
[Image: Notts_County_Logo.png]

Season: 2015/2016
Media Prediction:
Board:
Transfers:
In:0
Out:0
League: Finished 7. W21 D10 L15 - F71 A63 - PTS 73
Ramble:
Took over the club with 29 matches left, and a club in 16th position. My first match was a cup match against current league nr 1. i lost 2-1 away in a match i dominated. First league match was against Morecambe (league nr 2) who beat me 2-0. From there i got 3 victories a draw and then another 3 wins. Consistent play sent me up around playoff, but i didnt manage to reach the 7th place untill the second last round, fortunetly i was able to hold on to it.
First playoff match i beat Bournemouth 2-1 at home. Decent result. unfortunately i lost 2-0 away, and the hard fought playoff was lost.
I was quite happy though, had proven my team was able to compete in the top of the league.

Season: 2016/2017
Pre season: Not what i had hoped for. 3 losses 2 draws and a win. Ok its just pre season, and i got my players into shape.
Media Prediction:
Board: Safe midt table
Transfers:
In: 13 (2 loans) including Young DMC from Worchester, a Great GK and Promising ST. Rest was a mixture of backup and players intended to compete for a start 11 place
Out:12 (1 loan)
Cup: Out in the first round, except Johnstone where we managed to get to 2nd round
League: Finished 1. W23 D16 L7 - F76 A41 - PTS 85
Ramble:
I started with 4 straight wins and was feeling pretty good, lost a match and went on a 22 undefeated run. I was battling with rivals Lincoln for the first place. Even though i had a great unbeaten run, i had a lot of draws. Shortly after lincoln grabbed first place, and i would remain a close second untill we got within 10 games of the end. Teams were also closing from behind, but in the end we managed to grab first place, drawing in the final match, and Lincoln doing the same. Finishing 1 points infront of them, and 3 points to 3rd place.
Journeyman ST scored 20 goals this season, and Promising ST also grabbed 20 and topped it with 11 Assists. Bigger clubs took notice and are now interested in him. Hope i can keep him in the club.
This season i managed to hold on to Algerian MC, who has now been in Notts Co for 7 seasons. Having performed great in each and every one.

This is as far as i have played. Will post an update, once i finish next season.
23-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Decent start to your career there. A shame it didn't work out for you at Worcester, but good luck getting Notts County back into the top flight Thup
23-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Thought you did pretty well at Worcester to be honest - there's not a lot you can do when the club's ambition doesn't match your own.

Good luck with county - always have a soft spot for them.
Currently managing: NK Novigrad, Croatian First League
25-08-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012, 12:31 PM by mvp.)

Season: 2017/2018
Board: Avoid Relegation
Transfers:
In:6 (3 on loan) worth noticing is Young ST. other two is seen as backup
Out:9
Cup:
League Cup: Started well by eliminating Rochdale from L1 with 5-1, before losing 5-1 to Burnley also from L1 in the 2nd round.
FA: Got knocket out in the first round.
Johnstone: Reached the North semi final.
League: Finished 9. W20 D14 L12 - F65 A47 - PTS 76
Ramble:
League started well, winning the first two matches, and shortly after i went on a 19 match unbeaten run. Many was unfortunetly draws (i also ended up having the most draws in L2). Still i found myself in a breif second place, around christmas time i dropped to playoff, and stortly after i dropped to 9th. I found myself there untill the end of the season, when i got on a minor streak, once again seeing myself in playoff. losing the last three matches, with 9 post/crossbar shots, i again dropped to 9th.
I should be happy, but the amount of chances i have created over the season, i cant help being a little disappointed.
Promising ST scored 26 goals over the season, and at 21 years he is starting to attract some attention.
Looking forward to next season, might be looking at a change of tactics, as i am unsure weather my current ST heavy approach is viable in L2.
Over the season i have been linked to several other L2 clubs, but have declined interest in all of them.
31-08-2012, 04:07 AM
A good solid season in my opinion. Yes, you had a lot of draws but at least those draws weren't defeats. You were very close to a very successful season and I think if you can keep the same core for another season I don't see why next year won't be yours for the taking. Keep up the good work and I think success is around the corner.
"Being a manager is easy...all you have to do is win every game"

31-08-2012, 08:46 AM
WHS, keep plugging away and you should see some progress here.

kutgw
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012, 12:31 PM by mvp.)

Season: 2018/2019
Media Prediction: 16
Board: Safe Midt table
Transfers:
In: 13 (6 on loan) Slovak AML worth noticing. Also Young winger from worchester, ment as a backup for the first team. 5 of my transfers was signed was in the winter window, even bought my first two players.
Out: 6. including a few strikers that was no longer needed
Cup:
League Cup: Won first round on penalties, got kicked out in the 2nd.
FA: reached 3rd round, where i lost 3-0 at old trafford.
Johnstone: Winner! a 3-0 victory in the final over Wycombe, that finished 3rd in the league.
League: Finished 1. W30 D9 L7 - F90 A45 - PTS 99.
Ramble:
Fantastic season. The new tactic really paid off. Won the league with 10 points to spare, and the Johnstone cup.
Promising ST was alone on top, and bagged 34 goals, 30 in the league, making him topscorer, and saw his value climb with 20 mil (ddk) over the season. new Slovak Winger managed 15 goals, and 24 assists, despite being injured for the past two months, he still had the most assists in the league. Great work from the scouts.
The league started well having me in the top 6 for 15 games, before i reached first place, and stayed there for the remaining season. Having a 16 games unbeated run, contrary to last season, we won most of those games.
My early run was somewhat surprising, besides my Slovak winger, my scouts had problems finding players good (and cheap) enough to play the positions our new tactic required. forcing me to play some backup players in the starting lineup. fortunetly my ass man managed to find some young players available for loan, untill my scouts found the needed players.

I'm now staring at a job offer from the Russian First Division club, Spartak Nalchik, being tutored as first place finishers, they ended up in 9th place and as a result, sacked their manager.
Russian First Division Vs English Championship would be a step down, however the club is set on a return to the Russian Premiere Division, besides having better facilities, they will give me a transfer budget of 55 mil (ddk), and almost 4 times my current salary. their wage budget is similar, still, its simply too good to refuse.
With two promotions and a cup victory its with a heavy heart i am leaving Notts Co.

for reference: dividing by roughly 10 will give you the GBP currency.

(31-08-2012, 04:07 AM)Orlandosaint Wrote: A good solid season in my opinion. Yes, you had a lot of draws but at least those draws weren't defeats. You were very close to a very successful season and I think if you can keep the same core for another season I don't see why next year won't be yours for the taking. Keep up the good work and I think success is around the corner.

Yes having just been promoted, you have to be happy finishing in 9th place. Also you were correct, i did mange to hold onto all my players, giving me a great season.

Thank you all for reading, and commenting Smile
01-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Quite the season... and a daring move considering you'd won a double. But Russia could prove a much greener pasture (or is that only due to the residual radioactive fallout...)
Currently managing: NK Novigrad, Croatian First League
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
I've loved managing in Russia. Plenty of cash washing around over there. Look out for the away travel distances.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
(01-09-2012, 10:27 AM)f1dave Wrote: Quite the season... and a daring move considering you'd won a double. But Russia could prove a much greener pasture (or is that only due to the residual radioactive fallout...)

Yes it was a tough decision, but i want a nice car and a big house, this salery will help me et that Smile
Every job in russia comes with a free radiation suit.

(02-09-2012, 08:44 AM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: I've loved managing in Russia. Plenty of cash washing around over there. Look out for the away travel distances.

Yea this club sure has a lot of money. This part of the world has some weird rules though, apparently i can only field 3 FNG players in at a time, something i wish the board would have told me, before my first match.
Safe to say, i didnt get the best start to my russian campaign
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Vladivostok. Near the Korean border I believe
Moscow away trips for your boys? 1,649km. Vladivostok? 9,382km Eek
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Daring move indeed. I hope it won't backfire as you've worked so hard to get where you are as my experience with the 'greener' side hasn't been a good one. But still you've been very successful in England so I don't see why you can't transfer that to Russia. GL and will you be taking any backroom staff with you or create a brand new backroom team?

04-09-2012, 09:06 AM
(03-09-2012, 02:19 PM)Orlandosaint Wrote: Daring move indeed. I hope it won't backfire as you've worked so hard to get where you are as my experience with the 'greener' side hasn't been a good one. But still you've been very successful in England so I don't see why you can't transfer that to Russia. GL and will you be taking any backroom staff with you or create a brand new backroom team?

I was concidering taking a coach with me, he also followed from Worchester to Notts Co. however i decided i would go with staff, who spoke the russian language.
I have 2-3 games left in the season, so i will probably post an update later today.
I can say, that pretty much all the existing backroom staff was fired the moment i arrived. Leaving only a youth coach and a scout.
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012, 12:28 PM by mvp.)
[Image: Spnalchik.png]

Season: 2019/2020
Media Prediction: 1
Board: Winner
Transfers:
In: 9, most as backup / future, but stilll 4 in or close to starting 11
Out: 5
Cup: Didnt participate
League: Finished 3 W22 D6 L10 PTS 72
Ramble: Ok. this was not the season i had in mind. We starting out loosing the first 3 matches, then we got our first point, with a draw against Salyut Belgorod in the fourth match. That did take us on a 13 match unbeaten run with 9 victories in a row. We have now closed the gap, and was in Play off position. Another good run saw us in first place around november. Winter break occured, and we got a few new players to strenghten the squad.
With 6 matches to go we were still number 1, with 6 points to non promotion and 5 points to second place, but 1 point in the next four matches saw us drop to 3rd place. Play off.

I now saw russian corruption at its best (edit: should say worst). Being in front 1-0 away in the first match my keeper made an own goal, with no attempt to hide the fact, that a black suitcase was delivered to his room the night before, he dropped the ball into the net. I managed to get a video tape and upload it to youtube, before the "incident" was taken off the air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOidawzYic
Having just saved the opponents shoot, he looks at the post for about 30 seconds, before dropping the ball into his own net.
1 leg. 1-1.
Still my other keeper had been in poor form lately, and under pain of death my keeper promised to deliver in the next match. He played decent, but we lost 2-0.
Next day. Sacked. Apparently every great manager needs to be sacked at least once. (yea i said great Smile )
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Ouch. That's harsh?!
05-09-2012, 07:42 AM
(04-09-2012, 08:07 PM)WilliamMcBeard Wrote: Ouch. That's harsh?!

Yea but it turned out okay. I got a job at my real life danish favorite team, and they have a very promising squad. I get a better salary, better wage budget and a decent transfer budget.
Looking forward to play, when I get home from work.
06-09-2012, 04:00 AM
GL, hope your next venture works out better then in Russia

09-09-2012, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012, 12:27 PM by mvp.)
[Image: Br%C3%B8ndby_IF.svg]

Season: 2020/2021
Media Prediction: 5
Board: Qualify for EC
Transfers:
In: 5, incl. 50 mil (ddk) signing Bini from Argentina, American MC and a few talented backs, one who have already claimed his place among the first 11. 57,5 mil total.
Out: 9 - 92,5 mil (ddk)
Cup: Winner, 1-0 in the final
League: Finished 1 W24 D3 L6 PTS 75
Ramble:
I arrive at Brøndby IF (BIF) form a dissapointing spell in Russia, looking over their squad I see a very talented bunch of players, and am surprised to learn they are only predicted to finish 5th.
Its a squad with a huge misture of nationalities, and even thoug i tend to buy domestic players, my arrival added a few more international players to the team.
From the start of the league we were competing for the title, several massive wins, but also some losses, including 2 to our arch rivals FCK. In Denmark teams play eachother 3 times, and we did manage to get a win, dumping them to 4th place.
The top of the league were fairly even, 3-4 teams constantly challenging for the 1th place, in the end we secured the title with 2 matches to go, and shortly after the danish cup as well.

Looking forward to next season, where we willl enter the Champions League group stage.
A few of my players have decided to try their luck elsewhere, leaving on a free transfer, fortunetly no one that cant be replaced, provided I get a decent transfer budget.
I hope i can extend a few contracts, most importent my Nigerian ST who scored a total 28 goals in 30 matches, also my winger who made 16 assists and 14 goals, he is often rumored to higher clubs in europe, so i might have to sell him, if i cant get a new contract.

Previous Clubs: Notts Co. finished 21 in npower championship
Having remove the Blue square prem division i'm not sure about Worchester, but i assume they survived another year.
Spartak finished 6th, so no promotion this year either.
10-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Congrats on your first top Division title. Sounds like after the slight blip in Russia, your back on the way up again. GL in the ECC next year and keeping your star and key players.