The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 461 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 1595 pluginSystem->run_hooks

Euro 2020 to go pan continental
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 08:09 PM by Ben O'Bagels.)

So, rather than being held in a single host-nation or a pair of neighbouring nations Euro 2020 is going to be hosted right across the continent. Part of me wants to go into some faux rage about how it's a disgrace that fans could have to be going back and forth across the continent for the tournament etc.

Yet, is it really that daft? Afterall it'll give more fans the opportunity to experience the tournament locally to them, and it should mean that countries won't be building a half dozen or so stadiums which will turn out to be white elephants. Countries like Ireland and Scotland for example each already have a couple of stadiums large enough to be used, but would almost certainly need to build more to host the tournament on their own.

I do also wonder if UEFA have decided to go down this route having been underwhelmed by the three bids (Turkey - Ireland, Scotland & Wales - Azerbaijan & Georgia) which were in the pipeline).

Or of course it could all be the latest of Platini's nefarious anti-English plots. Rolleyes
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Someone please shoot Platini and do everyone a favour - the guy is, and I don't say this lightly, a massive, massive cunt.
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not a fan of it.. These tournaments are made to be on every 4 years.. So travelling shouldn't be much of an issue if you're willing to make an effort. Plus, if they revamp it and turn it into a cross-Europe city thing, isn't it essentially just Countries Champions League? <- I don't know how to phrase that better.
06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
International Level Champions League. Wink

But, basically, yes.

Ok, yes, it means we may get the chance to have the final in London - well woopdefucking big bollocks - it would be just like hosting the CL final. It's not the same as hosting a whole tournament.

Part of the excitement of it all is exposing the culture of the host nation and putting everything that country has to offer up on a pedastal for a month or so.....like we did with the Olympics this year.

The whole idea of splitting it up sucks massive hairy donkey cock (no offence Ben Wink ) imo. I'd rather us not host these matches and UEFA maintain a host nation, rather than us be fed the dregs of what used to be a great tournament.
06-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Spot on daf. And the worse thing is? It will be him that replaces Blatter when the time comes
[url=http://lowerleaguemanager.com/forum][/url]

06-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Saw this being propsed last week. Yes it is a daft idea