French Connection
30-01-2013, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013, 05:58 PM by ken66.)
I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with surrogates. What I'm pointing out is the duplicity. Nothing happens to the parents btw.

"If you do it here, we'll lock you up, however, if you sneak over the border and come back with a surrogate child, we'll welcome you with open arms. Oh and if you want to rob a bank while you're there, give us 10% and we'll say no more Wink"

Why not just make it legal?
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
30-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Presumably doing it abroad is classed as adoption (in some form) whereas doing it in France is buying babies.

Dodgy grey area either way.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
30-01-2013, 07:07 PM
I think the French reasoning is that if it is legal here, then all poor young girls will offer themselves as baby-making machines for money. They don't care about foreign poor girls.
01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Ken,

I am trying to buy tickets for Stade Reims vs LOSC Lille, 17/8. Can you tell me roughly how much L1 tickets are for such a match? I'm assuming that this would be a 'tier 1' game for Reims? Think they are available on 4/8 to purchase. Is this the sort of game that sells out? Are Reims a sell-out home game kind of club, or could I rock up an hour or 2 before the game and buy on the day?

I know these are a bit general, but thanks for any info Thup
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
01-08-2013, 11:52 PM
The tickets we know are between 12.60€ and 33.60€. Their capacity is 21684 and they seem to be very close to that for most games, even against lesser clubs, so it would be prudent to buy in advance, I think.
02-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Cheers Ken, couldn't find ticket prices. Is Reims Vs Lille a 'big' match?
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
02-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I would imagine for Reims (pronounced Rance btw). It's a bit of a local derby I suppose. But their ground is small. They had a capacity crowd against Lens!
02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Rance?! Wtf
02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
The French would use the letters Rince but it's pronounced Rance. It's definitely not REEMS Smile
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Install a Reims, install a Reims, install a reeiiiiimmmmsss...

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
18-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Been to a few interesting places the last few days (after spedning the best part of a week round the pool and lake!).

Yesterday saw a trip down to Compiegne (a town vital to the world wars and the advances on Paris) which was gorgeous, quiet and classy. Followed that with a bob into the Armistice clearing a few km's down the road. Very thought provoking.

Last night we took in the Stade Reims Vs LOSC Lille match which ended 2-1 Reims, and was their first game in the top division at home since 1979. The city was great to find, the Park and Ride a sinch, and the tram dropped off right outside the ground. Had a quick chat with a Lille fan wearing a Liverpool 1/2 and 1/2 scarf who had been at Anfiled a few years ago when we knocked them out of Europe. In our pigeon French/English we came to the conclusion that Suarez is a w*er (use of international sign language got this across) and the Lille fan pointed to the stars and said simply 'Gerrard' followed by a loud whooshing sound. Being able to have a beer in the sun, price well and with tons of space on a 'veranda' was lovely and a world apart from the overpriced English football experience. The failure of our SAT nav on the way home allowed us to get 1.5 hours worth of lost but great fun!

Today we had lunch back in reims and wondered around the cathedral and city in general. Very, very nice place. Now, Heineken and sun on the terrace.

A bientot mon amis!