The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 461 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 1595 pluginSystem->run_hooks

Football  The Official Managerial Merry Go Round Thread aka Hire 'em and Fire 'em
20-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Avram Grant joins football's list of dead men walking (he's been bottom of the Premier League for over 12 months now ffs! MO'N in?

Roy Hodgson is simply keeping the Anfield hot seat above room temperature for the next sap charged with resurrecting the glory years.

Newcastle, or more precisely Mike 'Fat Cockney Bastard' Ashley realise they've been left off the back pages for a day and thus feel the need to generate a crisis by sacking the best manager they've had since Sir Bobby Robson (RIP). And then appointing Alan 'I failed in League 1' Pardew. Quick question - Is Ashley a member of Masochists Anonymous?

And then there's this -

Quote:Inter Milan manager Rafael Benitez has denied reports that he has been sacked by the European and Italian champions.

Former Liverpool boss Benitez told Spanish radio station Onda Cero on Monday: "I have not been fired.

"I am surprised because I have seen a lot of headlines and I have been phoned by a lot of people asking me if I have been fired, and it is not true at all."

Come on, Rafa! It's just a matter of time (approximately the length of time it takes you to get back to Italy at a guess). Off the pace in Serie A, hardly setting the CL alight, not smashing the mighty team from Congo in the FIFA CWC and a huge self-inflicted injury list is hardly a recipe for success or longevity.
[url=http://psntl.com/user/view/jptykes][/url]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
21-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Post that last part over at FM-B JP, I want to read Cagiva's reaction to that Mrgreen
[url=http://lowerleaguemanager.com/forum][/url]

21-12-2010, 01:13 AM
He might have a nervous breakdown. That wouldn't be fair.

The thing is, Rafa's unique brand of keep-ball negativity should be ideally suited to Serie A, especially when has the best and most balanced squad in the league by a mile. Surely the fact that he's making a balls of it over there under those circumstances must prove he's never been the messiah many imagined him to be?
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
21-12-2010, 01:44 AM
I think over the last few years he just seems to have lost the plot a bit. Not sure what the hell he's doing tbh. It does make you wonder though how he managed to get Liverpool to 2 CL finals...

Am I right in thinking that it all went pear shaped for him when he hired Sammy Lee as assistant?

21-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Nah, it was when he got rid of Houllier's players and brought in his own Wink
21-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Ha! What Keefa said. Mrgreen

I think Grant's time is up. Obviously I'd love to see MON come in, but that's probably unlikely. Allardyce would also be good, even if his tactics suck balls. He might be just what we need right now.
21-12-2010, 02:22 PM

If he's managing to keep something even at room temperature in the current weather he's doing a fucking good job imo!
21-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Mrgreen
21-12-2010, 03:02 PM

"You are being disrepsectful and pathetic about me and my Rafa. Excusing me as I am off to pleasure myself in Benitez shrine while shouting out dialogue from Fawlty Towers."
|
21-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Mrgreen "Que?"

21-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Ahh, I'd like Cagiva if he didn't have a rod* shoved up his arse.

*as in a metal stick, not Mr. Benitez's member
|
23-12-2010, 04:21 PM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu
23-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Cagiva will have his black armband out again.

Can't say I'm surprised, he was never the man to take over from Mourinho imo.
27-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Tbh, I don't think anyone could have filled Mourinho's shoes really, coming so soon after winning the CL.

Anything other than the title and a serious challenge in the CL would probably have been deemed unacceptable.
06-01-2011, 05:12 PM
So the vacant position at Deepdale has been filled. Stepping off the Merry Go round is Mr. PermaTan himself Phil Brown. Baz's thoughts on this one?
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM
My stock phrase at work for just about everything is... 'cautiously optimistic'. That applies here. When I consider the names that were mentioned from the unrealistic returns of a return to Deepdale of Allardyce or Billy Davis to the consistent failures like Paul Hart and Brian Laws I have to say I am happy with the appointment. It's clear he lost the plot at Hull last season but they were definitely punching above their weight after the cracking start. Some point to the on the pitch meltdown against Man City as the day things turned for him at Hull but that shows me he's passionate. That's the first thing we need at Preston. Ferguson has looked like a beaten man for months and if his dad didn't own horses with our owner he'd have gone months ago. As it stands it's pretty unlikely we're going to make up the 7 points after the disastrous Christmas season.

In Brown's favour, he's experience of getting teams out of the Championship without much resources (and will be the first ever person at Deepdale to tell us what a play-off win is like!). Of course this season is about staying in the Championship, not leaving it so there we go. All our six pointers are away now and we've been told there's no money to spend so part of me is looking a season or two ahead.

Passion, knows about a relegation scrap, got Hull out of the Championship via the play-offs with no money. Good appointment for us I think.
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Any good at getting them out of League One? Tongue

In all seriousness, he's a great appointment. He's the sort of luminous personality that'll brighten the place up.
|
06-01-2011, 09:36 PM
I can't believe your lot have conceded two fewer goals than us yet we are poles apart. Brown needs to get a couple of strikers. Pronto. I don't want to be too negative but I think we are going to be a League One side next season and I agree with you - he's going to inject some belief and passion back into the club.
06-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Burnley have approached Norwich and asked if they can discuss their vacant managers position with Paul Lambert. If Villa did get rid of Ged, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we approached him tbh. Good young manager IMO.
07-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Keane sacked by Ipswich