Cricket 2013-14 Ashes Thread
24-11-2013, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2013, 03:02 AM by keefa.)
He looks like he goes for many pie and pint deals!

EDIT: Not a bad session for England there, KP's brain explosion apart.
24-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Hope they let Sarburg (the sub fielder) keep that baggie green simply so that he can tell the grand-kids about how he got KP out Mrgreen
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

24-11-2013, 05:02 AM
That rain dance has done it's job! Bell out to a good nut from Siddle, Root looking steady so far, and Chef solid as ever when we need him. Although he did have a little scare just after drinks when he flashed a cut through Pup at slip off Lyon.
24-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Hail dance rather than rain dance...
Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
24-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Ooh, look at those puddles on the outfield!

Shame it'll be baking hot and sunny again and dry within half an hour Mrgreen
24-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Like... now, rofl.
24-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Chef, nooooooooooooooo!

Game, over.
24-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Mate, it was game over about 2 days ago. Mrgreen
24-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Aussies going over the top with their sledging now, bit distasteful really. Shut up Clarke and show a bit of class.
24-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself Dave. That was way out of order.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
24-11-2013, 08:42 AM
If Siddle's not a steroid user I'll eat my own shoes.

What has Anderson done to wind them up so much?
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
24-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Exist, it seems :/ Not a good look, but CA to turn a blind eye to protect their 'brand'....

Siddle eats lots and lots of bananas. They tried to get me to do the same as a kid. Mrgreen

Glad it didn't go to a fifth day - boy, Perth could be tasty Mrgreen Pity I don't have tickets.
24-11-2013, 10:18 AM
In my opinion, the sledging certainly detracted from the game today. Much prefer when they let the ball and the bat do the talking for them. I think it is much more effective.

Tremlett is the only one on the field who looks like a steroid taker, especially with his two sizes too small shirt.

Anyway, wonder if Nathan Lyons will get the words right when he leads the team for the first time in "Under The Southern Cross I Stand"?
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

24-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Golfclap

24-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Crikey, that woodwork must be feeling well and truly abandoned Rolleyes
25-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Hmm, Trott is coming home due to a stress related illness that he has apparently been suffering from for a while.

I wish him all the best and hope he does recover soon, but can't help feeling that if the coaches and support staff knew of this illness, it is hugely irresponsible to allow him to have gone on the tour in the first place.
25-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah it all seems a bit odd.

On one hand it makes Warner look like a bit of an idiot if there was something affecting Trott; on the other, if that was the case then as you say why did they let him come? They've not got a big squad to work with.
25-11-2013, 12:08 PM

Obviously England have failed to learn from the past. Marcus Trescothick anyone?
25-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Exactly, both Banger and Michael Yardy have been sent home from tours in recent years for this kind of issue, and we all know that the "mental disintegration" is magnified in Ashes series.

I wonder what England will do now. I'd like to see Bell move to 3, Root to 5 and for Matt Prior to bat at 6 with an extra bowler to come in (Bresnan if fit), but the problem we have there is the complete and utter loss of Prior's batting ability.

Our 3 best players of Mitchell Johnson in the first test were Cook (dealt with him easily, bordering on contempt in both innings), Bell and Root, so to have 2 of them in the top 3 would be ideal.

England have problems and need to bounce back quickly. The reserve batsmen do not have my confidence and not taking Compton on the tour may just have been a huge mistake.
25-11-2013, 12:36 PM
I still think that the 'back to back' Ashes series does neither side nor cricket any favours to be honest. It would be better to have a 2-3 year gap between series in my opinion (as it used to be). There are plenty of other test playing nations to face (South Africa, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand plus minnows Zimbabwe and Bangladesh).